Sam94

Reaction score
View attachment 1002507

Sky Sports can confirm that Real Madrid have announced former player and World Cup winner Zinedine Zidane has left his role as manager of Real Madrid Castilla. (B Team) It is thought the decision has came after a meeting with the board took place due to Zidane's urge to take up a bigger role in management and take charge of his own side. The clubs president Florentino Perez released this statement earlier today confirming the departure..

View attachment 196433

"We can confirm today that Zinedine has in fact departed ways with Real Madrid as he is hoping for a serious role in management and although we are all sadden by his decision to do so we wish him all the best for the future and respect his decision."

The decision comes as a surprise to some given his role and relationship within Real Madrid but as for whats next for the iconic Frenchman we take a look as his playing career and history.

View attachment 196430

Zinedine "Zizou" Zidane was born on the 23rd of June 1972 in Marseille, France. He is regarded as one of the best football players to have ever lived, enjoying a very successful playing career making his senior debut in 1989 for Cannes and going on to make 506 domestic league appearances and scoring 95 goals under the likes of Bordeaux, Juventus and of course Real Madrid, he also achieved an impressive 108 caps for the French national side and has a huge list of trophies won, some include..

France
1x World Champion (1998)
1x European Champion (2000)

Real Madrid

1x Intercontinental Cup ( 2002)
1x European Super Cup ( 2002)
1x European Cup (2002)
1x Spanish Champion (2003)
2x Spanish Super Cup (2001, 2003)

Juventus

1x Intercontinental Cup (1996)
1x European Super Cup (1996)
2x Italian Champion (1997, 1998)
1x Italian Super Cup (1997)

We managed to catch Zidane for a quick question regarding his future and this is what he had to say on everything..

"I felt it was time to leave Real Madrid and go on my own journey into management, i had amazing years at Madrid managing not only Castilla but partnering Carlo Ancelotti as his assistant manager, But like i said before i felt it was the time to leave and go on my own challenge into management and i hope to be involved as soon as possible."

View attachment 1003108

(24/1/2016)

Earlier today Inter Milan president Erick Thohir announced that the club have sacked Roberto Mancini due to recent performances not up to standards and a lack of commitment from players with Inter Milan currently sitting 8th in Serie A with two wins from there last eight, Erick also stated they will act quickly to find Roberto Mancini's replacement but currently have no candidates in mind.

View attachment 195894

(29/1/2016)

View attachment 195886

Inter Milan have announced today that Zinedine Zidane will become caretaker manager until the end of the 2015/2016 season, this comes as a shock to many with Zidane rumored to not be Erick's first choice candidate due to a lack of managerial experience and the stature of Inter Milan but he stated "I have full confidence in the decision we have made to appoint Zinedine as our new manager, he shows great passion and determination and im confident he can turn the season around for the fans and will prove any doubters wrong."

(30/1/2016)

View attachment 195881

Zinedine Zidane took his took his first press conference as Inter Milan manager only one day after being appointed by Erick Thohir..

R = Reporter

Z = Zidane

R - "Good Morning Zinedine! and congratulations on the appointment of becoming the new Inter Milan manager, the last few months have been very quiet for yourself after leaving Real Madrid to pursue a managerial role, surely your delighted?"

Z - "Thank you! yes of course im very happy to be here because i feel very blessed to have the opportunity to take on such an exciting role and be apart of such a great football team."

R - "The appointment came as a surprise to many with your lack of managerial experience, do you feel this is a fair opinion to make? and are you confident in your abilities to turn Inter Milan's season around?"

Z - "I understand why some may be surprised but i have learned so much not only while coaching but playing also so of course i am confident in my abilities and im very excited about the challenge."

R - "Your first game in charge takes place tomorrow against Frosinone who sit 18th, how are you going to approach the game given you've only just took over and are you feeling at any disadvantage knowing you have missed out on the January transfer market?"

Z - Obviously its not ideal but sometimes in football these things happen, same with the transfer window i will have to do my best in these situations and move on, i feel very confident with the squad regardless of the timing of my appointment."

R - "Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions, we wish you the best with the remainder of the season."

Z - "Thank you, goodbye."

Serie A Debut

View attachment 195388

Inter Milan vs Frosinone

View attachment 195385

"Rather frustrating game for the team after such a positive start, the result obviously wasn't what we wanted in front of our fans but we will have to take the positives and move on and fully focus on the next game as soon as possible."

Serie A (31/1/2016)

View attachment 195381

With Inter out of all other competitions finishing as high in Serie A will be my main focus.

The Squad

View attachment 195383

Rather average size squad with many solid names in there to work with.

February Fixtures

View attachment 195382

View attachment 195107

February

*Standout Match*
Carpi | 1-3 | Inter

Standout match has to be my first league win, against an opponent we are far ahead of in terms of quality so it really should of been a no contest and it turned out that way.

Inter | 0-1 | Roma

Chievo | 0-2 | Inter
Biabiany (28)
Melo (69)

Inter | 3-2 | Genoa

Jovetic (p)37, 39, 55)

Juventus | 2-1 | Inter
Miranda (81)

View attachment 195103

Player of Month

View attachment 195101

Kondogbia will be vital in the middle of the park for the remainder of the season and is playing a huge part already.

In other News

Melo wants out

Big interest for Icardi

Inter Record
3-1-2

***Pictures stopped uploading halfway through posting this up and i cant seem to get it to work again, will try edit in league table and march fixtures later on.***

View attachment 194925

March

*Standout Match*

Palermo | 0-2 | Inter
Jovetic(13)
Perisic(28)

Only win in what was a very quiet but frustrating month, this was the only positive to really take away from all 3 games.

Inter | 2-2 | Udinese
Perisic(12)
Jovetic(18)

Sassuolo | 0-0 | Inter

Player of the Month

View attachment 194922

Jovetic has been on great form since i arrived, shame i wont be able to spend more time with him as he will return to city next season.

April Fixtures

View attachment 194921

Inter Record
4-3-2

***Currently just finished the season (got a little carried away) so will try update this is the next 48 hours before i continue any further***

Nice story ! I believe Jovetic is on 2 year loan, so you will have him next year as well :) Also just in case you haven't noticed that yet - Jovetic, Montoya and Ljajic have rather small release fees (5-8 mil) if you want to add them to the roster permanently.

Somehow I got bored with my Inter save in the 2nd season, but hopefully you do better than me and bring back the glory days to Milan !

P.s Is Gnoukouri out on loan ?

Last edited:
Nice story ! I believe Jovetic is on 2 year loan, so you will have him next year as well :) Also just in case you haven't noticed that yet - Jovetic, Montoya and Ljajic have rather small release fees (5-8 mil) if you want to add them to the roster permanently.

Somehow I got bored with my Inter save in the 2nd season, but hopefully you do better than me and bring back the glory days to Milan !

P.s Is Gnoukouri out on loan ?

Ah nice one i must have missed that :)!

He isn't actually, currently he is only making the bench, looking to do a lot of changes come next season, he looks pretty promising!

View attachment 194806

April

Inter | 1-0 | Empoli

Murillo(15)

Bologna | 1-2 | Inter
Jovetic(11)
Biabiany(72)

Inter | 2-2 | Lazio

Brozovic(53)
Jovetic(60)

*Standout Match*

Verona | 2-2 | Inter
Icardi(6,17)

View attachment 194788

In terms of fighting for 5th place this game was huge, bit dissapointed to throw away out 2 goal lead but we managed to hang on to a draw against a very in form Verona side that proved very challenging opposition. Was nice to see Icardi score a brace as he has been very disappointing since i arrived.

Inter | 2-1 | Sampdoria
Miranda(22)
Moisander o.g(46)

View attachment 194800

Player of the Month

View attachment 194802

One of the most consistent players, was no different this month.

May Fixtures

View attachment 194795

Inter Record
7-5-2

End of 1st Season

View attachment 194769

May 2016 (End of Season)

Torino | 1-1 | Inter
Jovetic(31)

*Standout Match*

Inter | 2-1 | A.C. Milan
Ljajic(16,83)
Montoya(R)

View attachment 194766

Probably not only standout match of the month but the whole season! on statistics we probably should of lost epsecially down to 10 men at 1-1! but very spirited effort from the team to not only bag 3 points but put us in the driving seat for EURO qualification at this point.

Atalanta | 0-3 | Inter

Kondogbia(43)
Medel(45)
Jovetic(51)
Nagamoto(R)

View attachment 194768

Player of the Month

View attachment 194767

Ljajic scored his only 2 goals of the season in the one match and what a match to leave it for pretty much single handedly winning us all 3 points in the Milan derby!

Serie A

View attachment 194765

View attachment 194764

Season Awards

View attachment 194758

In other Competitions...

BPL

View attachment 194763

BBVA

View attachment 194762

Italian Cup

View attachment 194754

EURO Cup

View attachment 194756

Champions League

View attachment 194755

Inter Record
9-6-2

View attachment 1004717

We are joined here today with Inter Milan boss Zinedine Zidane for his overall summary on how he feels his first taste into management has gone and his plans for the future...

View attachment 194440

R = Reporter
Z = Zidane

R - "Morning Zinedine, first question. How much of an impact if any do you feel you have made at Inter since taking over because as you remember many doubted you from day one."

Z - "Yes many did doubt my ability to succeed here but im very happy overall with were we managed to finish, securing European qualification and showing very positives signs with only 2 losses out of the 17 games i took charge of so te future is looking bright for next season."

R - "Speaking of next season, it will be the final year of your contract here, is that something you would like to deal with as soon as possible or will you be looking to move on?"

Z - "To be honest that isn't something im really thinking about right now, we shall see what happens after the year unfolds."

R - "Well in terms of this season will you be aiming for a champions league spot or what do you feel is realistic for Inter Milan at this moment?"

Z - I feel the only way to improve is push the team, we have some work to do as Serie A is a very competitive league but i feel a top 3 finish is realistic and something the fans will want to see."

R - "Last question from myself, many rumors have emerged that many of the big European clubs are interested in many of your key players? do you feel that it will be a struggle to hold on to them if the bigger sides come knocking? and if so will you be buying players in the summer?

Z - "Thats something we are hoping wont be an issue, regardless of players leaving i will definetly be looking to add some young talent into the team to help us progress, but in terms of players departuring its something that shows how much Inter has fallen over the years that other clubs can lure players from a club that was once one of the best, thats what motivates me to make it a huge force again, especially for the fans."

Last edited:
View attachment 194083

Inter Milan have announced today the signing of youngster Andrija Zivkovic from Serbian side Partizan, it is confirmed Inter managed to grab the highly rated youngster on a free contract after his current contract at Partizan ran out at the end of last season, Andrija is the youngest ever player to make a senior appearance for the Serbia national team, as well as the youngest Partizan captain ever.

View attachment 194078

This mark's Zinedine Zidane's first signing of the window and here is what he had to say on his new signing...

"Im very happy we managed to land Zivkovic very quickly before others came interested, im excited to welcome him here and start working with him. He is so young and still has so much to learn, im sure the Inter fans will grow to love him for many years to come."

Last edited:
View attachment 194040

One in and out for Inter

Out

View attachment 194038

Highly in demand Geoffrey Kondogbia has secured a move confirmed to be 45 million pounds to French giants PSG. Kondogbia was one of the key players for Inter last season after joining from Monaco just the year before for 25m. He performed especially well under Zidane after he joined in January and caught the eye of many big European clubs, this is what Zidane had to say on the subject...

"We obviously wish Kondogbia all the best at PSG as he is one of the best upcoming midfielders in world football so it was always going to be hard to hold on to such a talent given there was so much interest in him."

In

View attachment 194037

Just hours after Kondogbia's departure the Inter board announced what is believed to be his replacement, a promising youngster from Brazil, Thiago Maia. Very little is known about Thiago having came through Santos youth ranks, Inter secured the youngster for around 9m but its believed the fee could rise to as much as 16 depending on Maia's progress at Inter, Zidane had this to say on his new signing...

"We are very happy to welcome Thiago here, he is a player i have watched for some time and i have the up most confidence that he will settle in well and prove his price tag to all the fans here."

View attachment 193895

More Transfer moves from Inter

Out

View attachment 193894

Andrea Ranocchia has signed a deal to join Italian side Sampdoria for a fee of 8m. It's believed Zidane didn't see Andrea in his future plans, he joined Inter way back in the 2010/2011 season from Genoa for 15m.

In

View attachment 193890

Aymeric Laporte has in a rather surprising move joined Inter Milan for a fee of 35.5m which trigged Laporte's release clause with Atletico, the only side he has played for so far in his career. This move marks a huge sign of whats possibly to come for Inter with it being regarded by some to good to be true but some doubters also given the rumors Laporte will be the highest paid player at the club and at only 22. Zidane had this to say....

"Of course i am super happy to welcome Laporte here, he is a class act and a real professional and i know one hundred percent he will make us stronger. As for the fee paid i feel its a positive look on Inter Milan overall because it shows others exactly how much we want to improve the club and really get it back onto the top of Italian football."

View attachment 193477

Pre-Season

View attachment 193474

Only focus was Fitness, had no concerns over the results.

Transfers

View attachment 193471

Everyone apart from Llori will be put to very good use, fine pieces of business if i do say so myself! Also promoted a few from the under 18's that ill slowly try work into the team.

**No SS this post as i will be doing a Squad report before the season begins**