Zlatan Ibrahimovic

• Thread starter Thread starter diplj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 9K
For me Barcelona paid well over the odds for Ibra, he's amazingly gifted technically but he is extremely overrated. Against Man Utd last year he was awful and coming up against an organized and good defence he tends to struggle.

I prefer Eto, but that's just my opinion.

I really hate it when people say he doesn't turn up in the big games. This season he's already scored against atletico madrid and also the winner against real madrid. and he's got 10 goals in 13 games for a player who supposed was bought to create not just to score that's a pretty good tally.
If you've watched anything of him this season you'd see that he's a more complete player than eto'o, and with the rest of barca's squad I'd argue they probably don't need a poacher up front. wait until they get into their stride and you'll see why barca spent the big fee on him (even if it was a bit excessive)

Mate Atletico have had an AWFUL season so far, c'mon. And as for Real Madrid yes he scored the winner but the Madrid defense has been awful this year, they've conceded a lot of goals.

If u actualy watch football irl and not just be a sad neek on FM all day u would see that Eto's form has been awful for inter, unlike Ibra who has been very impessive.

Erm mate I'm not even gonna bother with the first half or your comment as it is completely pathetic. But no one isn't saying Ibra is a fine player because he is, BUT as poor as Eto has been, he has scored loads of goals for Barce and the crucial ones, I mean he's scored in their last two champions league finals didn't he?

the Madrid defense has been awful this year, they've conceded a lot of goals.

I hate to do this, but they conceded 11 goals in 13 games in La Liga. So that's "a lot of goals" nowadays?In England, Spain, Italy and Germany only Leverkusen (9), Barca (9) and Chelsea (10) conceded less. Arsenal's got 18, ManUtd 13.
When choosing your arguments, you should check them...
On topic: Ibra is just great to watch but still has to proof his class in the big games, that is true. Eto'o has already scored important winners but he was never really happy at Barca and Barca did the right thing to exchange them. In good moments, watching Barca play has become even more impressive with now Henry, Messi and Ibra being technically gifted.

And he deserves the stats he's got on FM cause if you have a close look at them and compare them with what he is able to do on and off the ball you will have to agree.

Okay the stat isn't bad and I was wrong there but have you watched Madrids defence play this year? You cannot say they have performed well.

They have played 21 games in total and have conceded 22 goals so not awful but certainly not "good"

And with Ibra, obviously he's a quality player, I just think he has faield to rise to the ocasion a few times and it's the mental side to his game that can be lacking.

Okay the stat isn't bad and I was wrong there but have you watched Madrids defence play this year? You cannot say they have performed well.

They have played 21 games in total and have conceded 22 goals so not awful but certainly not "good"

And with Ibra, obviously he's a quality player, I just think he has faield to rise to the ocasion a few times and it's the mental side to his game that can be lacking.

If you put it like that I totally agree ;) They didn't concede more because of Casillas mostly, although he isn't playing at his best...
And you're absolutely right about Ibra. On the other hand the whole Inter side was a bad joke in Europe over the last couple of years despite dominating Serie A. I think we will have to give him that season to see what he's really able to do, he will have plenty of time to show in the next stage of Champions League :)

Yeah definately agree there, Inter have been so poor as of late I never expected to see the difference in quality that was clearly evident when they played United.

Even Mourinho said they "they are better than us" after. I was really expecting it to be a really great tie.

You have to remember that Liga BBVA defences are considerably weaker than most leagues, bar Real and Barca, which means any decent striker will be able to score plenty. Also had a really good season last year(35 apps, 25 goals) which influences how SI distribute stats.

unfortunately stats are a bit dependable on wich club you're in. remember back in 06 I think it was. check out evra before patch 602 he's just an OK back. then united buys him and in patch 602 (wich makes him a united player) he's incredible. probably one of the best left backs in the game..

as for this year the biggest failure when it comes to stats are for me c. Ronaldo's stats when it comes to heading. he should have around 12-13 in HEADING. instead of 17 and Jumping should be 17 instead of 13. failiure in my opinion what makes him score with the head occasionally is his remarkable jumping/timing skills.

Last edited:
I think that C. Ronaldo has been improved even more as if that was possible and i am scared to think what Ibra might be next season if maintains his form for the whole season.

I think Ronaldo's free kick stat on the game is too low.

Yes, but i think the free kick attribute doesn't matter that much cause he still scores scorchers in the game.

Can someone who has had Ibrahimovic in there team tell me what the best role to give him is. I currently play him as an advanced forward at Barca with there usual 4-3-2-1 formation and he is very incosistent.

I'd play him as a complete forward.

Back