Zola backs Parker for World Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 975

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Scott Parker is worthy of a place in England's World Cup squad, his club manager Gianfranco Zola states.

More...

I'd take him or Huddlestone over Hargreaves any day.
What's the point in bringing a man who hasn't played for the past 18 months?

My only problem with Parker is that he may be a liability when going in for challenges. I suspect referee's won't be as lenient as they are in the EPL so I can see him getting sent off.

Tom Huddlestone deserves a shot he is a beast and won't shy out off a tackle thats for sure.

Parker for England? no thanks, would rather take Tom Huddlestone or play James Milner in the middle like he does for Villa!

Parker for England? no thanks, would rather take Tom Huddlestone or play James Milner in the middle like he does for Villa!
milner cant play that defensive role. the only players we have not including barry, are carrick, thudd and parker

milner cant play that defensive role. the only players we have not including barry, are carrick, thudd and parker

im sure if milner is told to play there he will, afterall he has played left back for England before so im sure he knows how to play defensively

Huddlestone has got to be on that plane.

playing full back isnt the same as playing centre mid. theres no point putting him there if you have a player who can do a better job. no to mention we'd be losing out on the damage he could be doing out on the left hand side

playing full back isnt the same as playing centre mid. theres no point putting him there if you have a player who can do a better job. no to mention we'd be losing out on the damage he could be doing out on the left hand side

true but i still wouldnt take parker, id rather have huddlestone, he has had a better season at a better club and has some international games recently all be it in the U21's.

true but i still wouldnt take parker, id rather have huddlestone, he has had a better season at a better club and has some international games recently all be it in the U21's.
i wouldnt rule him out. we haqve two friendlies, he should at least make the squad. at least then we could say, we had a last look and thought, dont need him. and to be fair parker himself has had a very good season. its not his fault that everyone around him has been so poor. and he might just have played himself into a better team next season (he wasnt really given his chance at chelsea)

i wouldnt rule him out. we haqve two friendlies, he should at least make the squad. at least then we could say, we had a last look and thought, dont need him. and to be fair parker himself has had a very good season. its not his fault that everyone around him has been so poor. and he might just have played himself into a better team next season (he wasnt really given his chance at chelsea)

i hear and agree what your saying, he does deserve to play some part in the friendlies but i just feel we have better players ahead of him to do that job who have had better seasons than him.

its just a shame hargreaves hasnt been fit all season after he was by far are best player at the last world cup, we could have done with him!

i hear and agree what your saying, he does deserve to play some part in the friendlies but i just feel we have better players ahead of him to do that job who have had better seasons than him.

its just a shame hargreaves hasnt been fit all season after he was by far are best player at the last world cup, we could have done with him!
fair enough mate. dont get me started on hargreaves. i remember how everyone used to boo him. cos not of one the fans had any football knowledge,m and seen what he was like at bayern, used to make me furious.

luke. no, just no.

fair enough mate. dont get me started on hargreaves. i remember how everyone used to boo him. cos not of one the fans had any football knowledge,m and seen what he was like at bayern, used to make me furious.

luke. no, just no.

hargreaves is a star! i still have his names on all my shirts lol

Parker for england? **** yeah. He's been amazing week in week out for west ham and he's kept them up. He likes to get stuck in and has pride for his club. Definitley a yes for me.

Back