Zola surprised Grant escaped sack

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Former West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola tells BBC Sport current Hammers boss Avram Grant is lucky to still be in a job.

More...

bullshit, It is so close down there anything can happen. He is just working with impossible people, Zola of all people should know that

Too right, West Ham sacked a young, potential class manager who kept them up. Sometimes West Ham dont do themselfs any favours off the field.

Zola did better last year than Grant has done this year... He has every right to say this, because he was treated very badly at the end of his tenure, and now Grant is too - surely that would put off any future manager...

Too right, West Ham sacked a young, potential class manager who kept them up. Sometimes West Ham dont do themselfs any favours off the field.

To be fair, WHU don't know what they're doing.. They sacked a manager with potential in Zola (ex-Chelsea legend has nothing to do with this quote, of course ;))

However.. They've actually done well to stick with him in the end, he's finally getting the best out of Obinna (although this means they use him as pretty much their only attacking outlet!) and he's starting to win matches.

O'Neill was never going to come to WHU, for me & there's not really anyone quality available atm - unless they went for Hughton, but again I don't think he'd go.

doesn't deserve to be sacked but I understand why Zola has said what he has

doesn't deserve to be sacked but I understand why Zola has said what he has

I imagine the press asked him, and he simply answered the question. Threads/news reports like these always make people sound like ****** but it's just twisting the story to make it seem like they're coming out with these sweeping statements when that simply isn't the case.

I imagine the press asked him, and he simply answered the question. Threads/news reports like these always make people sound like ****** but it's just twisting the story to make it seem like they're coming out with these sweeping statements when that simply isn't the case.

ye he probably just gave an honest answer, nothing malicious and the press have tried to spike it as always. Even if he did say something like what has been reported you can understand why