zonal marking? long shots? etc. removed?

rawjick

Reaction score
maybe i'm missing them, but i can't seem to find a way to set zonal vs man marking, turn down/up long shots, along with setting a designated playmaker. Are they still in the game?

I missed that too....

But seems they are all gone in FM14

You change long shots using either the 'work ball into box' (To reduce long shots) or 'shoot on sight' instructions, same as last year.

Also all teams are zonal marking by default now, you can set specific man marking just before a match.

You change long shots using either the 'work ball into box' (To reduce long shots) or 'shoot on sight' instructions, same as last year.

Yes, but that changes it for the entire team, lets say i want my forward to not take long shots, but I want my midfielder and winger to take long shots(which so happens to be the actual case), there is a conflict there :/.

as for the zonal marking by default, ty good to know.

Yes, but that changes it for the entire team, lets say i want my forward to not take long shots, but I want my midfielder and winger to take long shots(which so happens to be the actual case), there is a conflict there :/.

as for the zonal marking by default, ty good to know.

Can you go onto player instructions and set the instructions there?

I still don't understand why we can't tell our players to not shoot long or cross the ball, surely if Fergie told his players to run up the flanks and cut inside to cross they wouldn't run up the flank and cross the ball? how hard can it be for **** sake, you need someone 8 foot in the box to make crossing work on this game and shooting from long range barely works even with the best in the world.

You can. Work ball into the box on team instructions means less crosses. Shoot less on player instructions will result in fewer long shots, also fewer risky passes will probably result in fewer crosses.

Not every player role has "shoot less" last I checked even then they still do them, was always the same in every FM even with long shots set to rarely they still did and crossing is the same, I've done everything I can to build my team around possession football with no crossing or long shots yet it couldn't work, **** even with work ball into box I've had matches where 9 out of 10 of my shots came from outside the box.
Retain possession, Shorter passing, Work ball into box, Play out of defence, exploit the middle, play narrower, stick to positions.
More wide players in, tell them to sit narrower, shoot less, dribble less, pass shorter, fewer risky passes.

Enjoy your very narrow high possession formation. It works and it's possible, I've had games where out of the 20-25 shots I've had only 2-3 are from outside the box.

Enjoy your few crosses and completely narrow team.

You can. Work ball into the box on team instructions means less crosses. Shoot less on player instructions will result in fewer long shots, also fewer risky passes will probably result in fewer crosses.
my forwards, will still shoot a TON from outside the box with 'shoot less', and on occasion they won't take shots they should inside the box, its maddening. Only one of them have shoots from distance, but all of them will take like 80% of their shots in a game from outside the box, I'll see them beat their man and instead of moving forward they shoot it from like 30+.

my forwards, will still shoot a TON from outside the box with 'shoot less', and on occasion they won't take shots they should inside the box, its maddening. Only one of them have shoots from distance, but all of them will take like 80% of their shots in a game from outside the box, I'll see them beat their man and instead of moving forward they shoot it from like 30+.

It's worth noting that too much creative freedom will also allow players to shoot from distance more often. Be more disiplined and less fluid.