Raikan007's Match Engine Exploit Narrow tactic 433

OI"s can never be included in tactics, ever :) they are performed by the Manager (you) or left to Assistant Manager :)

Good luck! I hope it works

thanks for the update :)
I had been lead to believe they can be embedded if they were saved during a game. This is why I asked xD
But no worries looking forward to the season ahead. will let you know how it goes :D

OI"s can never be included in tactics, ever :) they are performed by the Manager (you) or left to Assistant Manager :)

Good luck! I hope it works

Hey Raikan,

There's a way to include some OI in tactics. DURING A GAME, you can save the tactic you're using with them if you always use the same OI.
For example, you play against a flat 442 and you set to show onto weaker foot the MR and ML, and hard tackling and close down on the MCR (let's assume he's the playmaker). Then you go back to your tactic page and save it (it will be saved in your external tactic folder). These instructions will be automatically set every time you play against a flat 442. AFTER the match (when you're back at your club :)) open the tactic management page and get it back. You will only see these instructions already set the next match.

On the other hand, the only thing is the fact that it stays with the opposition shape. So if you play against a 4231 or 41221 tactic, the show onto weaker foot instructions on the midfielders (ML/MR) that you set before won't be applied on the wingers (AML/AMR) as you saved them against a 442.

As far as I'm concerned, my OI are always saved for a certain type of tactics and I just have to set them again before the kick-off when the opposition plays in a different shape. You just have to see which is the most relevant type of tactic to set your OI as a base in your division.

I hope I've been clear :p

An update to my last post in this thread, to begin my 4th season with Man U, I had a narrow 1-0 defeat at Liverpool but have since gone on to beat Leeds (who were promoted from the Championship) and Southampton (who have been in the Premier League for a couple seasons on my save), along with a 2-2 draw against Shakhtar in the Champions League and a 3-0 Carling Cup 3rd round win against Portsmouth.

One could argue these are weaker sides mostly, but both Rooney and Hernandez are injured for a while and I've needed to use Welbeck along with recent acquisition Landon Donovan who is still a good player even at 32, along with Macheda and even Will Keane who was totally unproven until he scored 2 goals in the Carling Cup match, and all of them have done extremely well even under the added pressure of filling in for my best players.

So in short, this is a really good tactic :)

Small update, here's a screenshot of my fixture results thusfar:

View attachment 263836

as you can see, I am not getting the ridiculously high scores some of you are with this tactic, but hey... at least I'm winning! And even better, Rooney has returned from injury and got a hat trick upon his return.

Small update, here's a screenshot of my fixture results thusfar:

View attachment 263836

as you can see, I am not getting the ridiculously high scores some of you are with this tactic, but hey... at least I'm winning! And even better, Rooney has returned from injury and got a hat trick upon his return.

give the fullbacks more attacking and through balls to give you more space outwide (options)
have the central striker (run from deep never) to allow Rooney/Berbie to drop into the pocket and dictate play.. give them higher creative freedom as well :)

nice results though ;)

I went on to have an amazing 18-match winning streak in the EPL... though I still haven't lost yet! The winning streak ended with a double shutout against Man City at Etihad. They are the other EPL team to beat on my current save, with Chelsea having fallen on hard times, going through their 3rd manager in several months (they won the EPL in my first two seasons) and Liverpool who won the EPL in my 3rd season not doing so well either!

However even with the winning streak over, I have won so many games in a row that I could just cruise for a while. I'm obviously not going to, but I'm like 2 whole games ahead of Man City eheheh ;)

EDIT: Current EPL table

View attachment 264192

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the corner exploit is alive and well for me also, I've had 17 goals from corners this season... over twice as many as any other team.

Thanks~ I ended up winning the EPL but just barely. Came down to the final match day of the season. City defeated Sunderland with no issue and I beat Newcastle 2-1 to end up tying with City on points with me winning on goal difference.

I have downloaded that tactic for opponents like City and will use it in the new season. By the way, City has gotten even tougher, signing Eden Hazard in the off-season for an astounding $79m USD... I was going to go after him, but not for that much...

This tactic brings success to my Blackpool in 2014 season. Go to Final ChampionLeague, FACup and champion Premier League.

Several best games
View attachment 267803View attachment 267804View attachment 267808View attachment 267810

But, many times when LB/RB and STR/STL have ball in penalty box, they determine to pass very slowly or they dont cross for teammate in good position.

I want to improve the possession of this tactics but not have good result :D

Hi, thanks for the tactic, using it the second season - 26 league games, 117 goals so far.
Rotating a lot (got 6 attacker + 2 mentors)

It's more dynamic and fun than 2 inside forwards.

View attachment 290759
View attachment 290760
To do list:
- My Center Striker aren't the best, i suppose. Those got 'Taget Man' attributs.
Niang got heading and passing 11, Sanogo 8 in passing and teamwork.
So what's a Rooney-type striker, a 'Complete Forward' or 'Trequartista'? playmaker attributes like passing, flair, creativity, teamwork, composure more than 14 (and of course goalgetter stats like heading and so on..)?
- got one slow tower CD, so the enemy can overwhelm my defence when my FBs lost the ball while attacking.
- learning the PPMs

other question: Does it matter which foot the Str/Stl are using? (eg Str with a strong right foot)

Last edited: