Recent content by chrisyboy

  1. C

    ON THE BRINK OF SUCCESS AND FAILURE

    I woke up, feeling like ****. I phoned in ill, Yeung gave me the day off but told me I had to be in tomorrow. My girlfriend was off today anyway, working only Monday to Thursday, obviously today was Friday. I lay on the sofa, watching last season’s Birmingham City on tape. The League Cup...
  2. C

    ON THE BRINK OF SUCCESS AND FAILURE

    Over the next few months, the team was completely changed. Not only was it now one of the strongest in the league, it was a very deep team; there was talent all the way down the team. I was now expecting a lot more from Birmingham City. Towards the end of the transfer window, Carlson Yeung...
  3. C

    ON THE BRINK OF SUCCESS AND FAILURE

    I was greeted by a couple of surprises the next day. The first came when I rattled up to the security gates on the staff car park. There was a crowd of people standing just in front of the gates, which we open. Carlson Yeung stepped forward from the crowd to open my door. I stepped out and...
  4. C

    ON THE BRINK OF SUCCESS AND FAILURE

    I woke up the next day to bright sunshine streaming in through the window. It was a sunny July Thursday, the first day of my new job as Birmingham City manager. I strolled downstairs to the dusty old kitchen, but it was dusty no more. I stopped and stared. I felt my girlfriend’s arms wrap...
  5. C

    ON THE BRINK OF SUCCESS AND FAILURE

    The final day of the Premier League season has finally passed. One champion, three relegated teams. The champion was, of course, Manchester United. By a shaving of a hair, Birmingham City and Blackpool were relegated, along with West Ham United. Immediately after the relegation, Aston Villa...
  6. C

    FM12 Stories Moderator requests

    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/88212-thinking-out-box-tony-mowbray-middlesbrough.html I know its not much, but it needs closing :/
  7. C

    Which playmaker?

    ok, cheers :) Boro have Scott McDonald as the only striker, and then they have Andrew Halliday, Luke Williams, Tarmo Kink, Marvin Emnes and Jonathan Franks as wingers and strikers. I have signed Marcus Bent on a free and am looking at Helguson as well
  8. C

    Which playmaker?

    cheers, and are Boro's strikers up for getting the goals or do i need some new strikers?
  9. C

    Which playmaker?

    I have downloaded the goals galore tactic and need a good, cheap playmaker for it. I have a budget of around £900K and I am looking to sell off a few players to make more money. Obviously, I must tell you who I am managing, Middlesbrough. Also, can you tell me who would be suited to other...
  10. C

    THINKING OUT OF THE BOX: Tony Mowbray in Middlesbrough

    THINKING OUT OF THE BOX: Tony Mowbray in Middlesbrough. Sat down, took a sip of tea and placed my head in my hands, thinking. We needed something big, something different. I sat up, took another sip of tea and walked up to the chairman’s office. After knocking hurriedly on the door, I swung it...
  11. C

    GUNNING ONCE MORE

    THE INVINCIBLES RETURN THE INVINCIBLES RETURN The final two months were finally upon Arsenal who were looking to progress as far as possible in all competitions. Could they do it? Not quite, the League Cup was already in the bag, but they dropped out of the Champions League and the FA Cup...
  12. C

    GUNNING ONCE MORE

    FAB IN FEB FAB IN FEB Looking to progress further in all competitions, Arsenal open the month against Derby in the FA Cup and also face Real Madrid in the Champions League. The Premier League brings Blackburn, Wolves, Fulham and Liverpool to try to get Arsenal a loss. The month is rounded...
  13. C

    GUNNING ONCE MORE

    yh i know, but so far he hasn't been too bad for me, in other games I have been able to get him for £27.5m in first summer window :/
  14. C

    GUNNING ONCE MORE

    HAPPY NEW YEAR HAPPY NEW YEAR Arsenal would face Manchester City a whopping four times this month; once in the Premier League, once in the FA Cup and twice in the League Cup. First up would be the League, a strong performance was needed. Only Newcastle and Tottenham face Arsenal other than...
  15. C

    GUNNING ONCE MORE

    JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW JANUARY TRANSFERS WINDOW Due to the top form of Arsenal in the Premier League, Blackett was allowed extra funds to strengthen his bids for dominance. Blackett let slip some of the positions he wished to change and strengthen, goalkeeper and striker were the main...
Back
Top