Recent content by readie81

  1. R

    Real Madrid declare interest on my BEST player!!

    I had the same with martial. In the short term if there is no bid offered then just say to him you'd sell him but only for an acceptable price and then ask for their best player if they bid plus a silly amount of money. Long term though there's no much you can do. Martial kept getting unsettled...
  2. R

    Transfer Budget Pressures

    Just the media at the moment. I am concerned the board will jump in on it as I'm selling a few fringe players and they increased the transfer budget. I might well buy a few youth prospects as you say
  3. R

    Transfer Budget Pressures

    Hi, Quick brief intro into what's occurring- I'm Man Utd manager in 2021. Won the league each season and Champions League last 2 or 3 so I have a good team. I have just survived a takeover and the new board took away all the philosophies and increased the transfer budget to £215 million. The...
  4. R

    Financial Fair Play Restrictions

    Cheers all for that. Will go through the automatic wage increases and get rid of them and get rid of the backups and get some wonderkids in
  5. R

    Financial Fair Play Restrictions

    Hi, I' in my 2nd season as Man Utd, I have around £23 million left in the transfer budget and am towards the end of December. I'm on course to pass financial fair play by losses as we should post a profit. However whilst I am in the wage structure for the board, I'm predicted to fail financial...
  6. R

    Training Problems

    I do pretty much the same as you. You have to watch out for burnout though. I haven't yet had a young player majorly kick up a fuss over it.
  7. R

    Training Problems

    Depends on what they are complaining on. Check how heavy their training regime is. If they are complaining for example that they are not doing enough match preparation then increase the match preparation on the sliding bar. If it is that they do not think the individual training they are on is...
  8. R

    Changing teams - job interviews

    Thanks for that. I have enjoyed my united save but barring the fa cup i have won all the trophies and have won the league each year by a margin. I quite like the idea of building my management credentials elsewhere and returning once the team has fallen somewhat. Budget next season is something...
  9. R

    Changing teams - job interviews

    I am in my 4th season as man united and hit the stage where i need a new challenge. I applied for the inter job and went for the interview but failed (di matteo got it). He hadn't the same resume i had but obviously is italian speaking so this may be why. I could also have answered some of the...
  10. R

    Ιcardi or Dybala???

    I have Dybala and play him as an advanced forward, he is a beast upfront. Outscoring my other forwards consistently and I have Martial, Rashford, Griezmann and Barbosa. Icardi does look great on my save though and considering Barbosa hasn't been great and fallen out with me somewhat, I might...
  11. R

    Weigl - did anyone managed to buy him?

    I bought him and am in my 3rd season as Man Utd. He's decent I'd say, not yet world class though. I am struggling to find his best position between central midfield defensive or central midfield support. I have really played him as attacking midfielder yet so might be missing a trick.
  12. R

    Problems creating chances away from home

    I do tweak my mentality away from home and play standard. I agree with WJ that you need to look at the space and ensuring your attacking players aren't stepping over each other to get the ball.
  13. R

    Talk about bad luck

    That is really bad luck. You never know though, you might get an important result regardless of the injuries
  14. R

    How do you guys go about discipline?

    I prefer not to give fines out if I can help it but if you've had a player sent off three times in a season (I have a few times as I play a high pressing game) then you need to fine them for that. I agree they don't 'remember' the previous fine but if you've treated all the players the same then...
  15. R

    Manage a national team - training, tactics etc

    I'm playing as United 4 seasons in and took the France job. I play exactly the same tactic with France as I do with United and I've not lost so far (probably played around fourteen or so matches now). I just pick which players I think will fit the formation and drop those that don't. For...
Back
Top