1. FC Union Berlin
April und Mai - 2024

View attachment 235354

Fixtures:

View attachment 235357

We only needed 4 points from the last 6 games to guarantee the title and that was never going to prevent any issue but the real challenge here was to finish the season unbeaten and with 6 wins from the final 6 we certainly did that! The biggest test to the unbeaten record came when we played Bayern in between the two PSG games with a semi rotated team but we won comfortably enough in the end. The domestic highlight over the last two months though has to be the 8-0 win over Nurnberg on the final day, capped by a double hatrick from Torsten Schroder. I've only just remembered that it was Nurnberg that we beat 10-1 away from home in December where Schroder got 5, so over the two games against them we scored 18 goals and Schroder got 11 of them XD That should give us plenty of momentum to take into our first ever Champions League final!

League Table:

View attachment 235356

Not only did we manage to go unbeaten for the entire season, we also set a new points record for the league with 96 and we set a new record for goals scored with 120 in 34 games!

Player Stats
:

View attachment 235355

If Schroder can bag himself a brace in the Champions League final then he will hit 50 for the season. Muller's return of 30 assists and 18 goals is outstanding, whilst it's nice to see such a high level of performance from youth academy graduates such as Mariko, Andrich, Demir and Timme.

Next update will be of the Champions League final, can we bring the trophy back to the German capital for the first time ever?

1. FC Union Berlin
Champions League Final - 2024

View attachment 235333

Preview:

View attachment 235331View attachment 235330View attachment 235332

The bookies make us the slight favourites going into the tie against a team in Manchester City who have never won the competition but have twice been runners up. There will be a first time Champions League winner here in France, the question is who?

Lineups:

View attachment 235329

Volpe returns for us in the middle of the park after injury meaning we are at full strength for the final minus Brandt on the left. Manchester City opted for a narrow diamond with a very experienced team which included ex Berlin centre back Sule.

The Match:

View attachment 235328

Finally! My 10th season in charge of Union Berlin sees our first taste of European success as a 49th minute winner from backup left winger Robert Mladenovic gave us a 1-0 victory over the English side at the Stade Velodrome to crown us as Champions of Europe! In truth it was a game with little quality, a game where it appeared that the size of the occasion got to many of the players and neither side ever really got a wave of momentum going. However, we got the goal just after half time when Mladenovic capitalized on a mistake in the City back for the wrong foot their keeper and put the ball in the far corner.

Other News:

1)
The European Championships are this summer and there will be plenty of representatives of Union Berlin there, both current and past. I only mention this as I want to know whether people want me to do a Euros update with France or just to keep it strictly Union Berlin? We're defending the trophy we won 4 years ago (under a different manager) and we are the current nations league champions.

View attachment 235327View attachment 235326

So, the next update will either be a Euro 2024 update or a special update to look back at the 10 years I have spent at the club before doing a 'meet the squad' type of update so you can get to know the team better since most of the players are currently regens and I can talk through my plans for the squad and youngsters I'll be looking to bring through etc...

I've finished the Euros with France, does anyone want to see an update on it or should I just skip it? I'm not fussed either way but just feel there's no point in writing the update if nobody wants to see it.

YAAAAAAS well done mate finally!! And yeah show the Euros :)

France
European Championship - 2024
View attachment 235115

Group Stage:

View attachment 235114View attachment 235113View attachment 235112

We started the defence of our European Championship trophy with a real statement of intent, beating Portugal 4-0 with 4 different scorers. Second up was Austria and they put up far more of a fight than Portugal, however we managed to scrape out a 3-2 win which secured our progression with a game in hand. The final game against Ireland saw us slip up and drop points with a reserve team with a 2-2 draw. This was my 18th game in charge of France and the first time we have failed to win a game! Still, we managed to top the group and were drawn against Denmark, who finished third in their group behind Germany and Denmark.

2nd Round - France 2 - 0 Denmark

View attachment 235111View attachment 235110

This was always a game we should have been winning and we did just that, with an early Laporte goal added to by a second half strike from ex Union Berlin midfielder and club icon Seko Fofana. Croatia await in the quarter final after knocking out Spain 1-0.

Quarter Final - France 6 - 0 Croatia

View attachment 235109View attachment 235108

On we march as Croatia ultimately just had no answer to the firepower in our team. A brace from Union winger Muller was added to by goals from Fofana, Pogba, Ongenda and Varane to send us cruising into the semis where we will play against the nation who have turned down many of my applications to take their job, Germany! They progressed past Italy by 3 goals to 2 and the game will see me go up against quite a few of my Union Berlin players!

Semi Final - France 4 - 2 Germany

View attachment 235107View attachment 235106

This was the biggest game of the tournament for me, going against the nation whom have rejected me many times and the nation where I ply my trade on a club level. They lined up with 4 Union Berlin players in Milosevic, Karg, Weber and the main man Torsten Schroder. Robert Mladenovic missed out through injury after making his Germany debut in the tournament, easing any worries I had that he may of been close to defecting to Serbia. I suppose one good thing came out of Brandt's injury! Onto the game and Schroder threatened to do to me what he has done to plenty other managers under my guidance, scoring a lethal brace. However, we managed to score 4 through an early Cardillo brace (the French Schroder) and goals from Pogba and Leblanc. This win set up a meeting with my country of birth in the final and a repeat of last years Euro Nations League final which we won 4-1. England beat Holland 2-1 in their semi to advance through.

Final - France 4 - 0 England

View attachment 235105View attachment 235104

A few familiar names in the England team with the likes of Henderson, Murphy, Hughes, Keane and the now ex Union Berlin defender Chambers (Spoiler :p ) The final itself proved to be slightly anti-climatic as we stormed to a comfortable 4-0 victory, despite having to rest numerous players due to a lack of fitness. Hervin Ongenda stepped in for Cardillo and bagged a hatrick to go along with Gauthier's opener. We have now won two consecutive European Championships in a row and it's my second tournament win as France boss after winning the nations league last year.

Other News/Awards:

1)
France and UB winger Muller won best player of the tournament, Schroder won top goalscorer and numerous France and Union Berlin players made it into team of the tournament.

View attachment 235099View attachment 235100View attachment 235098

2)
I was once again turned down for the Germany job, this time for for a 67 year old with no managerial experience and only a continental c license to his name.

View attachment 235095View attachment 235096

3)
Our Nations League group has been drawn and we have been drawn against Germany and Spain. It should be very difficult although with a record of 21-1-0 in charge of France so far, I'm pretty confident! We will also be in the confederations cup next year and will be looking to win the trophy for the first time since 2003.

View attachment 235094

Next update will be a special update looking back at the 10 years I've had in charge of Union Berlin and looking where the club now sits in world football!

1. FC Union Berlin
10 Years On

View attachment 235091

History:

View attachment 235090

So after 10 years in charge of Union Berlin I thought I'd take a quick look back over what we have achieved so far. In terms of our domestic form we managed to go up through the playoffs after finishing 3rd. We finished 10th in our first Bundesliga season thanks mainly to the goals of Marcus Berg and the managed to qualify for the Champions League in our second Bundesliga season by finishing 3rd with many top performances from Thorgan Hazard. The year after we managed to push Bayern all the way in the title race but finished a point behind in 2nd, before winning the club's first German title the year after finishing 3 points ahead of Bayern. We haven't looked back since then, winning the league the following 5 seasons and setting about a real period of dominance in German football. We've also managed to win 5 German Cups and 4 Super Cups, however things in Europe have been a lot more difficult for us. Prior to this season we had competed in the Champions League 6 times and were knocked out in the knockout rounds all 6 times, with 4 of those being against Barcelona! However, after reaching the semi final in the previous year, we managed to reach our first Champions League final this season just gone and beat Manchester City one nil to crown ourselves Champions of Europe for the first time. Now that we have got that first Champions League under our belt, hopefully we can start to dominate in Europe like we are domestically, although I'm not sure whether that'll be the case! We'll also be looking to add the European Super Cup and Club World Championship to our trophy cabinet for the first time this season!

Facilities:

View attachment 235089

Our facilities are much improved since taking over the club as you would expect. We own a new stadium which is currently in the process of being expanded to a 52,250 capacity, which is why we are currently sharing Hertha's Olympiastadion. We boast top corporate facilities, excellent training facilities and superb youth facilities but are in the process of improving both the training and youth facilities. Our junior coaching is exceptional and our youth recruitment is extensive.

Club Overview:

View attachment 235079View attachment 235078

We've got an additional 17,000 season ticket holders since taking over at the club. Our average ticket price has jumped from £13 to £24 and the average season ticket price has jumped from £134 to £252. None of the current players have made it to club legend status yet but many have become icons (I'm sure Schroder was a legend when I looked last season).

Records:

View attachment 235088View attachment 235086

We've managed to set numerous new club records at the club so far, some good and some bad. The well documented 9-1 defeat on the opening day on our inaugural Bundesliga season still stand (and hopefully will forever stand) as our largest defeat and the 10-1 win over Nurnberg last season is the largest win. Torsten Schroder holds the record for most league goals for the club, most league goals in a season, most goals in a match and the quickest goal scored. Marvin Muller holds the record for highest average rating. The highest transfer fee we have paid is £55,000,000 for centre back Weber after he met a lot of add ons and the biggest sale we have made is Mustafi to Real Madrid for £59,000,000.

Best 11:

View attachment 235085View attachment 235084

Julian Brandt is not too far off the record for most league appearances with 245, chasing down down Tom Persich on 280 appearances. Schroder is averaging a goal a game and all the players in the team are still playing. If you wish to know where the players are playing who aren't still at the club then you can see in the screenshot above.

Standing in World Football:

View attachment 235083View attachment 235082

We sit as the 3rd most reputable club in the world currently and 7th most valuable club. The lack of TV money in Germany probably is the main reason why we aren't higher to be honest, but we'll need to keep turning profits on players and being clever in the market if we want to reach the top.

The next 2 updates will be a 'meet the squad' split into two sections where we will take a look at the first choice and backup players for each position, as well as any notable youth prospects we have at the club...

Just sat and read through this from page 1, absolutley amazing rise and finally a Champions League trophy! Well done mate, keep it coming!

1. FC Union Berlin
Pre-Season - 2024/2025

View attachment 235036

Transfers:

View attachment 235035

Firstly, I am still planing on doing the meet the squad updates but I thought I should do this one first as the squad has obviously changed a little over the summer. Firstly, we sold first choice right back Callum Chambers was sold to Manchester City for £27,000,000 (a £2,500,000 profit on what we paid to Arsenal) plus an extra £10,000,000 if he makes 20 league appearances for City. I thought this was very good money for a 29 year old and with Mariko developing well I thought I could take the risk to sell and it shouldn't affect us too much. In replacement for Chambers I signed a young German right back from Stuttgart for £10,750,000 after meeting his release clause. I nearly paid £30,000,000 before realising his release clause as I offered £10,000,000 up front plus £10,000,000 after 20 international appearances and another 10 after 50 league appearances. Luckily they rejected and I noticed his release clause!

View attachment 235034View attachment 235033

After replacing an Englishman with a German, I decided that it was time to upgrade on our goalkeeping position now that I wouldn't be limited to German goalkeepers (I had 17 German players meaning I could sell one). I sold Leno to Watford for £12,500,00 which is actually a profit of £1,500,000, not bad for a 32 year old. Into the club to replace Leno came Netherlands international Anthony de Jager from Inter for a massive £27,500,000. My coaches and scouts only rate him at 2 and a half stars but I think he has all the attributes to be one of the best keepers in the world, although he's not quite as big as I would hope. The only other sale of any note is youth academy graduate Wehner to Hertha for £2,000,000 + 50% of his next fee. He never really developed as we had hoped which is disappointing.

View attachment 235032View attachment 235031View attachment 235030

German Super Cup:

View attachment 235029

A very tough game away at Bayern made even more tough by the fact we had 4 key players (Volpe, Richard, Carrasco and Muller) missing due to the Olympics. We fell 2 behind early on but goals from our two strikers Noto and Schroder brought us level 2-2 at half time. New signing Oz came on to give away a penalty which put them 3-2 up but luckily Brandt equalized in his first competitive game back since breaking his leg and we took the game to penalties. Won won 7-6 on penalties after Depay missed for Bayern and centre back Karg scored for us to bring us our 5th German Super Cup.

European Super Cup:

View attachment 235028

Normally I wouldn't really care about the Super Cup but since we've never been in it before I really wanted to win in. We were still missing the 4 games due to the Olympics but it didn't seem to mater as first half goals from Brandt and Schroder gave us a 2 goal lead to take into the break. They threatened a late come back when they scored in the 71st minute but they put one in their own net just a minute later and we then cruised to a 3-1 win and won our first European Super Cup!

Next update will be the first part of the meet the squad update, focusing on the goalkeepers and defenders...

1. FC Union Berlin

Meet the Squad (2024) - Part 1

View attachment 234766

Goalkeepers:

First Choice: Anthony de Jager - The Dutch shot stopper only just joined the club in the summer from Inter Milan and will hopefully be our first choice keeper for the next few seasons.

View attachment 234764View attachment 234763

Backup/Youth Prospect: Ken Krummnow - Ken came through the youth intake in 2020 and broke into our squad as backup goalkeeper last year after spending a successful season on loan at Dresden in the Bundesliga the season before that. My coaches don't rate him all too highly, however I think he has a lot of good key stats for a goalkeeper and he should at least hold onto that backup goalkeeper spot for a long time, especially since he is home grown at tthe club.

View attachment 234762View attachment 234761

Left Backs:

First Choice: Layvin Kurzawa - The Frenchman joined for £15,000,000 in 2021 and has given us three years of solid service so far. At 31 years of age I'd have usually moved players on by now, however it's hard to find quality left back regens and so I'm probably just going to keep Kurzawa around untll I can bring some kids through the youth team to take his spot.

View attachment 234757View attachment 234756

Backup: Caner Demir - The young German left back of Turkish descent came through in our youth intake of 2020, the same one as Krumnow, and managed to break into the squad in 2022 when he became old enough. His technical stats are nothing special, in fact they are pretty bad, however he is very strong physically and my coaches rate him to be a leading Bundesliga left back. Similar to Krumnow, he is only 19 so I'm hopeful that he will develop a bit more although my coaches don't think he will. His performances since breaking into the squad have been solid and it may not be long before he jumps ahead of Kurzawa in the pecking order.

View attachment 234755View attachment 234754

Youth Prospects: Henrik Claasen and Mirko Da Ros - Henrik is more naturally a cb but with his work rate, physical stats and his height I'm much more confident in his ability to play left back. I may chuck him out on loan next year after he turns 17 and is able to sign a pro contract, but only if a team comes in where I'm confident he will devlop. Da Ros is a more natural LB and is a very good prospect in his own right, so we could be in a situation in a few years where we have 3 left backs in the squad who are all from our youth academy!

View attachment 234753View attachment 234752

Right Backs:

First Choice: Adama Mariko - The 18 year old academy graduate is stepping into Callum Chambers' shoes as first choice RB this year after impressing as backup in his first year as a pro last year. Again, my coaches are saying he's reached his potential but he's only 18 so I refuse to believe we can't get more out of him in the future in terms of his development. He's arguably the best player to come out of our youth academy so far and could be a player to break some sort of league appearance record later in the save since he is breaking into the young team at such a young age.

View attachment 234751View attachment 234750

Backup: Burak Oz - Recently arrived in the summer from Stuttgart for a fee just over £10,000,000. He and Mariko should see the future of that rb position tied down for quite a few seasons.

View attachment 234749View attachment 234748

Centre Backs:

First Choice: Nils Weber - Our record signing for a massive £55,000,000 (after meeting a lot of transfer clauses) who arrived after the big sale of Mustafi as he was the best young German CB at the time and we needed a German CB due to our self imposed squad rules. He is now 24 and a world class player who has been a first team regular for 5 seasons. If I'm being completely honest he hasn't really developed quite as well as I'd hoped attribute wise but he's still an outstanding player and one who will be playing for us for another 7 or 8 seasons.

View attachment 234747View attachment 234746

First Choice: Rolando Carrasco - Joined in January 2023 after selling Yepes, costing £20,00,000 from Sao Paulo. The big Argentinian makes for a great partner for Weber and shows how you get a lot better value for your money in South America compared to looking for domestic players!

View attachment 234745View attachment 234744

Backup: Benjamin Karg - Benjamin Joined from Getafe in 2022 for just £8,7500,00 and in all honesty is pretty average. He's a decent backup player though and has never let us down, however his place in the squad may come under pressure in the next few years due to the quality of youth CB's coming through at the club.

View attachment 234743View attachment 234742

Backup: Danny Andrich - A third player from that 2020 youth intake, Andrich has the slight advantage over Karg of being home grown at the club but is pretty similar to him ability wise. He broke into our squad last year after an underwhelming loan spell at Frankfurt the season before. Hopefully he can overtake Karg as 3rd choice CB this year although yet again it is disappointing that my coaches believe he has already reached his potential and won't grow much more.

View attachment 234741View attachment 234740

Youth Prospects: Rene Beigang and Artur Klata - Rene came through last years intake, whilst Klata arrived for £10,000,000 (with a potential further £20,000,000 in add ons) from Nurnberg. Both have the potential to be world class and it looks like we have the cb slots locked down for a long time with these two to come through!

View attachment 234739View attachment 234738

Next up will be part 2 of the 'meet the squad', looking at the midfielders and strikers in the squad!

1. FC Union Berlin

Meet the Squad (2024) - Part 2

View attachment 234499

Defensive Midfielders:

First Choice: Antun Trajkovic - One of a few Germans in the squad with Serbian second nationality, Antun joined the club in 2020 when we sold Bender and has been our first choice dm ever since. His average ratings have been very good for a defensive midfielder and his attributes have come along nicely to the point he is now considered to be world class by my coaching staff. At just 23 years of age he has the chance to make that role his own for many years to come.

View attachment 234495View attachment 234494

Backup: Lorenzo Bertolani - Lorenzo is actually one player who I think I may have overpaid for and may actually make a loss on. The German/Italian arrived from Hamburg for £26,500,000 in 2020 to fight with Trajkovic for the defensive midfield role but has always really played the backup role and so has not developed quite as well as Trajkovic. He has never really let us down but with the quality of a young defensive midfielder we have at the club, I may choose to sell Berto if I can get my money back on him in the next couple of seasons. I also may be forced to sell him to help meet squad rules if he gets a call up from Italy before Germany as he is yet uncapped!

View attachment 234493View attachment 234492

Youth Prospect: Norbert Gertner - Norbert cost us £12,000,000 from Stuttgart last season and could eventually cost us a further 20 million if he makes 50 league appearances for the club and 20 international appearances. He has the potential to be a world class player and will be the long term replacement for Trajkovic, however he is currently in the second year of his loan at Stuttgart which was part of the deal to bring him to the club.

View attachment 234491

Centre Midfielders:

First Choice: Richard - The diminutive Brazilian international arrived in January 2021 from Palmeiras for £21,500,000 and has been an ever present in the side since. A fantastic midfielder going forward, what he lacks in ability defensively he makes up for with his work rate and speed, allowing him to get up and down the pitch. At just 24 I imagine he will stay here for a while yet unless we get a massive offer which we can't turn down.

View attachment 234486View attachment 234485

First Choice: Antonio Volpe - Partnering Richard in the middle of the park is Italian international Volpe who came into the club for £35,000,000 from Atalanta last season. He enjoyed a fantastic first year at the club last year and particularly excels in his technical ability and his natural fitness/stamina. Again he is young at just 23, so similar to Richard he could be around for quite a long time unless we get a massive offer for him.

View attachment 234484View attachment 234483

Backup: Gianluca Gaudino - I wasn't massively convinced in this signing when I bought him from from Leipzig for £8,750,000 in 2019. I needed to buy a German centre midfielder and at the time he was the best available that I could get for a reasonable price. However, his performances at the club, particularly in the last two seasons have been very, very good and I have no worries about slotting him in the team when one someone needs a rest or is injured. He is also very strong technically with a good work rate, however at 27 years of age we may have to look to move him on in the next couple of seasons while his value is at it's peak.

View attachment 234482View attachment 234481

Backup: Benjamin Timme - Benjamin came through our youth intake of 2018 and was initially judged to be an absolute star by our coaches. He has developed pretty well and is good enough to hold down a backup spot in the team, however I can't help but feel that his development was poorly handled when he was out on loan and that he should have become a better player than what he is.

View attachment 234480View attachment 234479

Youth Prospects: Manolis Skraparas and Michael Bruns - Manolis only has the potential to be a good Bundesliga midfielder according to my assistant but I like the look of his attributes and he had a fantastic loan spell at Braunschweig in the 2. Bundesliga in the second half of last season, so we'll hope he can continue that on in the Bundesliga for Monchengladbach this year and re-evaluate his position at the club when he gets back. Bruns came through my youth intake last year and has leading Bundesliga potential, although he has a long way to go in his development.

View attachment 234477View attachment 234478

Left Wingers:

First Choice: Julian Brandt - Julian is one part of our deadly attacking trio which has been tearing up the Bundesliga for a few years now. We bought him in 2018 for a massive £30,000,000 from Leverkusen following his breakout season where he managed 15 goals and 4 assists. He has spent 6 whole seasons in the German capital now, playing 176 league games and contributing 81 goals and 52 assists in that time. I don't usually keep players into their 30's but I imagine Brandt will stay here until he starts declining too much in his physicals as he has the chance to break the clubs appearance record.

View attachment 234476View attachment 234475

Backup: Robert Mladenovic - Another one of our German/Serbians, Robert made his Germany debut in the recent Euros after excelling towards the end of last season when Brandt was injured and he also scored that Champions League winning goal! He came to the club in 2021 for £21,500,000 from Leverkusen and is more than adequate cover on the left. Whether I believe he has another to replace Brandt in the long run is another question though.

View attachment 234474View attachment 234473

Right Wingers:

First Choice: Marvin Muller - Part two of the deadly 3 prong attack, Marvin was out of favour at PSG when he arrived at the club in 2019 for £16,500,000, probably due to the number of wingers they'd bought from us. 5 seasons, 133 league appearances, 47 league goals and 86 league assists later, I bet PSG are now regretting that particular bit of business. He was the best player at the recent Euros and finished third in both the Ballon d'Or and World Golden Ball last year, I think he may go one step further and win both this year as he was amazing last season!

View attachment 234472View attachment 234471

Backup: Miodrag Milosevic - Another German/Serbian who also joined the club from Leverkusen in 2021 for £25,000,000, Miodrag is arguably every bit as good as Muller and a little bit unlucky that he isn't a starter in the first team. However, due to the fact he also plays in the middle and up front, he is certainly never short of game time. Once I have someone who is good enough to be promoted to backup right winger I will likely promote Miodrag to first choice and move Muller on for big money (probably to PSG haha).

View attachment 234468View attachment 234467

Youth Prospect: Leon Gotz - This lad arrived in the 2022 youth intake and has always been rated to have high potential although I didn't really rate his stats. However, he has been tutored a few times and is starting to develop pretty nicely and could become a good Bundesliga winger. I still have my doubts whether he'll ever make it at the club, but he'll be given the opportunity to prove me wrong and will likely go out on loan next season after he has been tutored a couple more times to get that determination stat up!

View attachment 234466

Strikers:

First Choice: Torsten Schroder - Torsten (aka God) joined the club from Freiburg in January 2019 for what then seemed to be a big risk of £21,500,000 from Freiburg. I asked for advice from the forum on whether I should sign him with Lippo unconvinced that the deal represented value for money given his current level of ability at the time and yeti01 saying I should think long term and that the price wouldn't seem so big if he was my striker for the next 15 years. Fortunately, I took the risk and brought him in and we've never looked back. His performances from the off were far more than I had expected and from that point he has gone from strength to strength, breaking records with ease and winning awards such as the European Golden Boy, the European Golden Shoe twice and twice finishing runner up in the Ballon d'Or and World Golden Ball. He's still only 24 years of age and so will hopefully be leading our line for many years to come and will set somebody a massive record of league goals to chase in the future!

View attachment 234464View attachment 234465

Backup: Loris Noto - I picked up Loris from the club where he came through as a youngster Bayern in 2020 after he was growing frustrated at a lack of first team chances. He cost £12,750,000 and whilst he will never challenge Schroder for his first choice slot he is a very solid backup and partner for Schroder when we switch it up and play 4-4-2. With no real young striker prospect at the club or on our radar, he will likely stay as backup for a while until he wants to leave or we get a big offer for him. Real Madrid did try to sign him in the summer but were nowhere near a price I'd consider selling him for.

View attachment 234463View attachment 234462

Right, there's the meet the squad update finally done! Hopefully it was interesting in showing the current state of the squad and where it may be heading in the future. Next up will be an August and September update since there's only 1 league game in August, unless we do more transfer business and then I'll do the months separately...

1. FC Union Berlin - Capital Domination
Story Introduction

View attachment 868196

Why Union Berlin?

So, after getting a little bored of my journeyman save I decided that I needed to go back to a save based around one specific club. After looking at a few potential clubs I decided to go with the German second tier side after watching this short documentary Copa90 did on them, if you have the time I'd highly recommend giving it a watch...

<span style="color:#ff0000;"><font size="3"><strong><span style="font-family:trebuchet ms;">[video=youtube;XXI6oWjlV8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXI6oWjlV8M[/video]

The Club:

View attachment 868176

We sit in the 2nd tier of German football and are predicted to finish 11th from 18 teams, with the board expecting us to finish in the top half. With 8,000 season ticket holders already and being situated within the capital of Germany, I'm very hopeful that we have a lot of room for growth if we can get things right on the pitch. Financially we are pretty healthy with an estimated value of £16,500,000 and a loan debt of just £6,500,000.

Facilities:

View attachment 868183

The club owns a stadium which holds just under 22,000 fans. In 2009 over 2000 Union fans invested around 140,000 hours in order to help modernise the stadium in order to keep the stadium active. We boast good training facilities and average youth facilities, whilst also having adequate junior coaching and basic youth recruitment.

History:

View attachment 868188

The club has never reached the heights of the Bundesliga, however they have been a regular midtable side in the 2 Bundesliga for the past few seasons after temporarily dropping into the 4th tier in 2006. They reached the final of the German Cup in 2001 and this led to their one and only European run in the UEFA Cup the year after where they reached the 2nd round before being put out by Bulgarian side Litex Lovech.

This post was just a quick introductory post to the save, the next update will focus on the pre-season period and the first few games of the season as well as looking at transfers, the squad and the tactics...
Look forward to this mate.
o.png

Brilliant update, your team is immense! I do think that there's more than one piece of business with you that PSG regret! Milosevic looks insane, would be first choice at any other club in the world no doubt. Love how wrong Lippo was too hahaha

Brilliant update, your team is immense! I do think that there's more than one piece of business with you that PSG regret! Milosevic looks insane, would be first choice at any other club in the world no doubt. Love how wrong Lippo was too hahaha

Cheers mate, things are looking positive for the next few seasons I think.

To be fair to Lippo I think what he actually said was just that he just doesn't like to spend that sort of money (they were asking for £30,000,000 initially) on anyone and that I'd hopefully be able to get him a bit cheaper which we did in the end haha

Really like the look of some of your regens especially Volpe!!

1. FC Union Berlin
August und September - 2024

View attachment 234193

Fixtures:

View attachment 234192

Despite many players being quite tired after international tournaments over the summer limiting the amount of rest many players were able to get, our start to the season has not suffered, winning every league game but a hard tie away to Schalke. We also managed to kick of our Champions League defence with a comfortable 5-0 win away in the Czech Republic with a mainly backup team. The highlight of the league campaign so far was the 3-0 home win over Bayern in our first game back at the newly expanded 1. FC Union Berlin Stadium.

League Table:

View attachment 234191

We sit a top of the league at this early point of the season and we don't plan on giving up that position at any point during the season!

Player of the Update - Julian Brandt

View attachment 234194

Julian has really benefited from missing the Euros with a broken leg as he has started the season like a house on fire and putting the team on his back, scoring a brace in all of the first 4 league games!

Player Stats:

View attachment 234190

I actually dropped Schroder for the final game of the month as he's not been playing to his usual standard, although 5 goals in 8 starts isn't that bad for most strikers! Noto took his chance with a brace but hopefully getting dropped will fire up Schroder and get him back to his top form!

Other News:

1)
The expansion to our stadium was completed and we now hold 52,250 people in the ground. I immediately asked for the stadium to be expanded once more and they have provisionally agreed to expand the capacity to 65,000.

View attachment 234188View attachment 234187

2) We have a new feeder club in one of my favourite teams to manage on FM in San Marino! Who knows, maybe this link will allow us to develop the next Andy Selva or Aldo Junior Simoncini!

View attachment 234186

3) I joked about the potential of this happening in the meet the squad update, but it actually happened. PSG tried to buy back Muller! I tried to negotiate massive money for him but in the end they would only go up to a potential £60,000,000 (including incentives and delayed payments). If he was 3 or 4 years older I would have considered it but I'm not looking to sell him yet.

View attachment 234185View attachment 234184

Next update will be an October update!