Would 'only' go up to 60m - tight arses....

Considering they gave me £40,000,000 straight up for both Correa and Thorgan Hazard I know they can do better than that for the player I think will win the ballon d'Or this year! ;)

1. FC Union Berlin
Oktober - 2024

View attachment 233879

Fixtures:

View attachment 233876

Another good month for us, kicked off with a hard fought 3-1 win at home to Porto in the Champions League with the goals coming from Schroder, Brandt and Volpe. Consecutive 3-0 league wins away to Braunschweig and at home Freiburg followed before another home tie in the Champions League, this time to Scottish giants Celtic. We were able to rotate the side quite a bit and were still able to win 4-1 with a brace from Richard added to by goals from backup defenders Karg and Oz. The following game saw Schroder bag 4 in a 5-0 win at home to Augsburg and we finished the month with a 4-0 win at home to 2nd tier Karlsruhe in the cup.

League Table/Champions League Group:

View attachment 233875View attachment 233874

6 points clear after just 9 league games is a nice position to be in but there are a few teams playing well beneath us and ready to take advantage if we start to slip up. We should easily top our CL group from this position as well.

Player of the Month - Torsten Schroder

View attachment 233873

8 goals in 5 starts this month from Torsten as he got back to his devastating best this month.

Player Stats:

View attachment 233872

Milosevic has started more games this usual due to Muller being tired after playing in both the Euros and Olympics and he's been outstanding, contributing 13 assists and 4 goals in 10 starts. Brandt is having a fantastic goalscoring season from the left and Burak Oz has also been very impressive in his debut season at the club.

Other News:

1)
The club awarded me a new contract this month, but not after I leveraged an improvement to our youth recruitment, which is now at an extensive level.

View attachment 233870View attachment 233869

2) My France team has managed to top our Nations League Group after the first 3 games in a group with Germany and Spain. We managed a draw at home to Spain and wins away at Spain and Germany. We have Germany still to play at home but since neither side can catch us it will basically be a friendly and we'll have a chance to defend our nations league title next year!

View attachment 233868

Next update will be a November update!

1. FC Union Berlin
November - 2024

View attachment 233646

Fixtures:

View attachment 233634

More of the same for us this month as we continue our quest to win all 6 competitions we're entered in this season. We started the month with a comfortable 2-0 win at the Commerzbank-Arena against Frankfurt with goals from Noto and Brandt and followed it up with another 2-0 win away in Glasgow in the Champions League against Celtic. Marvin Muller got a second half brace to secure the win and qualification from our group. Next up was the highlight of the month with a 5-0 win over high flying Hamburg who are enjoying their best season in a long time up in 3rd place in the league. We finished the month with a 4-1 win at Nurnberg in the league and a 2-1 win at home to Plzen in the Champions League, securing top spot and hopefully an easier draw in the 1st knockout round.

View attachment 233633View attachment 233632

Dortmund are providing the closest challenge this year but sit 8 points behind us after we have dropped just 2 points all season so far. We do have tougher tests ahead in December though with Dortmund at home and Leverkusen away to play.

Player of the Month - Loris Noto

View attachment 233631

Schroder picked up an injury and missed a few games this month but Noto was more than adequate backup, notching 5 goals in 3 starts and 2 sub appearances.

Player Stats:

View attachment 233630

For once Schroder isn't running away as the top goalscorer in the team. Both he and Brandt are tied at the top with 14 goals in all competitions and Noto is following closely behind with 13.

Next up will be a December update, including our first ever time at the Club World Championship!

1. FC Union Berlin
Dezember - 2024

View attachment 233566

Fixtures:

View attachment 233565

Just the two Bundesliga games this month and they both turned out to be good wins. We beat Dortmund 2-0 at home despite them putting in an impressive showing and managed to comfortably beat Leverkusen 4-0 away from home. In between these two fixtures we managed a tight 2-1 win away at Porto with a backup team to secure an 100% group stage performance. We progressed through the German Cup 3rd round against 3rd tier side Kiel courtesy of a Loris Noto hatrick before heading off to the Club World Championship in Japan. In the semis we came up against Mexican side America and usually at this stage I'd play a backup team but since it was our first time in the competition I started a full strength team. The strength of our starting 11 showed as we demolished them 7-0 and set up a final against the South American champions River Plate. The final was far more of a contest despite us having the majority of the game, however we managed to run out 4-2 winners and we are the club champions of the world for the first time. What was nice about this was that the win came in my 500th game in charge of Union!

View attachment 233560

View attachment 233564View attachment 233561

Our lead at the top has been cut to just 5 points ahead of Bayern, however we do have 3 games in hand on them. We topped our Champions League group with a 100% record for a 3rd season running and set up a tie against Benfica in the 1st knockout round. Nice to see one of our feeder teams in Grasshoppers getting through as well...

View attachment 233559

Player of the Month - Torsten Schroder

View attachment 233563

Scored in every game he started this month, including a hatrick in the Club World Championship semi final and a brace in the final.

Player Stats:

View attachment 233562

Muller is starting to reproduce his top form from last season now and it is a shame that the two players with the highest average ratings are both right wingers, although Milosevic is now naturally a centre midfielder as well now.

Other News:

1)
The expansion to our youth facilities was completed this month, leaving them at an 'excellent' level.

View attachment 233556

2)
As predicted, Marvin Muller was named the winner of the Fifa Ballon d'Or, with Schroder in 3rd place. However, he did finish 2nd behind Neymar in the World Golden Ball (Schroder was 3rd in that too). Muller's understudy for the right wing role Milosevic followed in his footsteps by winning the European Golden Boy award (second year running he has won it). We also had 4 players in the World Team of the Year (Schroder, Muller, Milosevic and Richard), with one (Brandt) on the bench.

View attachment 233553View attachment 233554View attachment 233555View attachment 233552

3)
We've been handed what looks a relatively easy Confederations Cup draw with France, going up against Argentina, Costa Rica and Iraq. We also have been drawn against Ukraine in the Nations League semi final as we look to defend our trophy.

View attachment 233558View attachment 233557

Next update will be a January update. I can't see us doing much transfer business but you never know...

1. FC Union Berlin
Janjuar - 2025

View attachment 233544

Transfers:

View attachment 233543

The transfer window looked to be heading towards a quiet close with no business getting done until we got a late offer from Real Madrid for one of our backup centre backs, Benjamin Karg. After negotiating the deal to £16,000,000 + 50% of his next fee (a £6,250,000 profit on what we paid for him), I decided to sell him as he was never going to threaten to break into our first choice partnership and we have a couple of great prospects at centre back in the youth team.

View attachment 233541

I did however, need someone to replace Karg in the short term as both of the youth cb's are 16 and can't yet play in the league and so I decided to go to Barcelona and pay them £11,000,000 for their wonderkid centre back Alberto Herrero. I was able to go after a foreign player due to promoting a youth player into the squad in December which meant I had 16 Germans in the first team squad after selling Karg. Herrero is someone who I think we can develop over the next few months and then when we come to start next season, we can either sell him on and promote someone from the youth squad if they are ready to be called up or if not we can keep him for an extra season as backup and then sell him on for profit. Either way, I think the deal represents good value for money and we should make money on the player in the long run.

View attachment 233542

Fixtures:

View attachment 233540

A couple of routine wins after the winter break. A 5-1 win away to Werder Bremen with goals from Schroder x2, Richard x2 and Andrich was first and was followed by a 3-1 win over Stuttgart at home with goals from Schroder, Carrasco and Brandt. Our Bundesliga record unbeaten run is now at 57 games and we are on a 20 game winning streak in all competitions.

Other News:

1)
I also decided to renew the contracts of many of our top players this month as a lot of them only had 18 months to run on their contracts. I'm not happy with Milosevic's wage but at 21 I was never going to sell him and ultimately if you add his and Muller's wage and half it then I think they're worth the combined wage!

View attachment 233539

Next update will be a February update, including a league game against Barcelona and the first leg of our Champions League tie against Benfica away...

1. FC Union Berlin
Februar - 2025

View attachment 233306

Fixtures:

View attachment 233305

An outstanding month from the lads with 7 wins and a very credible draw away to Bayern Munchen in our 8 games this month. We scored 36 goals across these 8 games and conceded just 7, highlighting just how much dominance we have when we are at the top of our game. We started the month with a 5-1 beating of Monchengladbach and followed it up with a very satisfying 9-1 win over Leverkusen in the cup quarter final, finally making up for the defeat off them to the same scoreline on the opening day of our inaugural Bundesliga season! Bayern brought our 22 game win streak to an end with a 1-1 draw at the Allianz Arena, however I was pretty happy with the result as either side had chances to win it and it kept our unbeaten streak in the league alive. Victories over the likes of Wolfsburg, Schalke, Koln and Hoffenheim followed, however the big game this month was the first leg of our Champions League 1st knockout tie away in Portugal against Benfica. The game was one of our most eventful of all time and after just 25 minutes in the game we were 5-2 up (both of their goals were penalties)! We only managed to score 3 more in the remaining 65 minutes but I think it's pretty safe to say that we're already through with an 8-2 lead and I'll likely be playing a backup team in the 2nd leg.

View attachment 233302

League Table:

View attachment 233304

Our unbeaten streak in the league now lies at 63 games, just 5 games short of two seasons! As for this current season it looks as though the title is once again returning to the capital city as we sit 11 points clear of Bayern with 2 games in hand.

Player Stats:

View attachment 233303

I didn't bother giving a player of the month as there was numerous players who were brilliant this month. Schroder bagged plenty of goals and now has 36 in 27 starts, whilst Muller has taken charge of the assist charts with 22, 5 ahead of Milosevic. New centre back Herrero has taken to life in Germany well, whilst Brandt continues to have his best season in a Union Berlin shirt yet and is averaging above an 8 rating in all competitions in all competitions for the first time.

Other News:

1)
Our finances have dropped into the red for the first time in a long time. It's nothing to worry about as we'll get loads of money which will take us well back into the black at the end of the season, however it just goes to highlight how much money we lose on a month basis and how we have to turn a profit on transfers if we want to remain comfortably in the black at all times.

View attachment 233298

Next update will be a March update, including our youth intake, the draw for the Champions League quarter final and 5 Bundesliga games...

I've just been thinking, since I'm obviously never going to get the Germany national job, should I add a second manager to take over the Germany national team?

I'd probably wait until after the Confederations Cup as I want to try and win that competition with France since I've never won it before on this FM (or maybe even any FM).

Sounds like a plan mate, I say go for it!

I have never been able to play 2 managers at once, get confused too easily :p

I've just been thinking, since I'm obviously never going to get the Germany national job, should I add a second manager to take over the Germany national team?

I'd probably wait until after the Confederations Cup as I want to try and win that competition with France since I've never won it before on this FM (or maybe even any FM).

Thinking of doing a similar thing in my save, can't see the Sweden manager getting sacked anytime soon, my Malmo players are ensuring that he keeps overachieving!

1. FC Union Berlin
Marz - 2025

View attachment 233073

Fixtures:

View attachment 233070

Once again we have another brilliant month, leaving us one very close to the title and in the Champions League quarter final where we will play Porto, whom we beat home and away in the group stages. We scored 20 goals in the 6 games and conceded just the 2, although there wasn't any games which represented a more difficult challenge. The 2-1 2nd leg home win over Benfica was decent though, as we made 10 changes from our regular starting 11 and still managed to pull out a win against strong opposition!

League Table:

View attachment 233069

1 win from the title with 7 games to go and our unbeaten record is now at 68 games in the Bundesliga (a total of 2 whole seasons).

Player of the Month - Rolando Carrasco

View attachment 233068

We kept 4 clean sheets from 6 games this month and the big Argentine was at the heart of the defence in all those games. He also bagged two goals for himself, showing his threat at the opposite end with his aerial ability.

Player Stats:

View attachment 233067

As usual at this point of the season, one of the biggest questions remaining is whether Schroder can finally hit 50 goals for the season in all comps. His best effort was 48 last year and he is currently on 39 with a potential 14 games to go if we go all the way in the Champions League and German Cup.

Youth Intake:

View attachment 233066

Again it was another decent intake (some of the players with 1 gold star and 1 black star potential have 'leading Bundesliga' potential' whereas some are just 'good') with 1 particular stand out player. Romain Durand is a 14 year old French midfielder who has some very decent stats and the potential to develop very well. He does have German 2nd nationality so I will try to convince him to pledge his allegiance to Germany if I take over them soon but I don't hold much hope.

View attachment 233062

Other News:

1)
As previously mentioned, we have been drawn against Porto in the Champions League quarter finals. The good news is that Barcelona and PSG, both teams who have knocked us out in the knockout rounds previously, went out in the first knockout round. In fact, it was Porto who knocked out Barcelona 1-0 on aggregate so we could have been facing our arch nemesis in the competition once again.

View attachment 233061

2)
We got another feeder club this month, this time in the shape of Albanian top flight side Flamutari. I'm not quite sure why my board came to me with these as I asked for a feeder club for build our reputation in a country for merchandise reasons but this is a 'first option' on their players sort of deal.

View attachment 233060View attachment 233059

Next update will be an April update, including the Champions League Quarter Finals, a German Cup Semi Final against FSV Mainz and confirmation of a 7th straight Bundesliga title for the team!

1. FC Union Berlin
April - 2025

View attachment 232995

Fixtures:

View attachment 232994

We headed to Hamburg for our first game in April knowing that a win would secure us our 7th straight Bundesliga title. A 32nd minute goal from Schroder was added to by an 86th minute goal by Noto to give us a 2-0 victory and brought the trophy back to the capital. We then played the first leg of our Champions League quarter final and were able to put Porto to the sword with a 4-0 victory at home thanks to goals from Muller (x2), Volpe and Herrero, although we were aided by a Porto red card when 2-0 up. A rotated team was then led to a 6-0 win over Nurnberg by a Schroder hatrick, before we secured our place in the Champions League semis with a 3-1 win in Portugal to send us through 7-1 on aggregate. The Dortmund game threatened our unbeaten run as we had to come back from 2-1 down to draw the game 2-2, however I'll never complain about a draw away to one of the top teams in the country despite my dominance. The final game of the month saw us progress into the German Cup final by beating Mainz 4-0 as we attempt to win back the trophy we lost last year and attempt to win all 6 trophies available to us. We meet Dortmund in the final. On a side note, we are now 66 games unbeaten in all competitions and 71 games unbeaten in the league.

League Table:

View attachment 232993

If we win our last 4 we'll finish on the same amount of points as last season but it's unlikely we will match the goals scored or goal difference. It would be nice to see another team rise up the league and challenge for the top 4 as it seems to always be the same 4 or 5 in there.

Player of the Month - Antonio Volpe

View attachment 232992

The Italian international is pivotal for us in controlling games with his controlled passing, whilst he also has goals to his game and proved that with 3 goals this month, including a brace in the Champions League against Porto.

Player Stats:

View attachment 232991

Schroder is just 3 goals off last season and 5 goals off of his target of 50 goals in all competitions for the season. Right back Mariko is now considered to be world class by my coaches and with 3 Germany appearances to his name at just 18 years of age, I'd say he's definitely the most successful player to come through our academy.

Other News:

1)
The draw for the semi final of the Champions League has seen us be drawn against Spanish giants Real Madrid, who are currently sitting just 5th in the La Liga. They've made it past Napoli and Lyon in the knockout rounds, both of whom aren't doing great in their leagues, and I feel we should be beating them. The other semi pits the current 2nd placed team in Serie A in Juventus play against the 2nd placed team in the Premier League, Liverpool.

View attachment 232989

Next update will be a quick May update covering the Champions League semi final, the final 4 league fixtures and the German Cup Final. I will do a separate update for the CL final if we get there...

1. FC Union Berlin
Mai - 2025

View attachment 232767

Fixtures:

View attachment 232749

The league fixtures are largely irrelevant here since we'd already wrapped the title up, however we did manage to go a second successive season unbeaten in the league and in total we are unbeaten in 75 league games! I suppose I was a little disappointed with conceding a late equalizer against Hoffenheim but it was between the two Madrid games so we had a lot of backup players out there!

Speaking of the Madrid games, we yet again made pretty easy work of them as we did to Porto and Benfica in the previous rounds. A dominant 4-1 win in Berlin in the first leg was added to by 2-2 draw away in Madrid to send us through 6-3 on aggregate and set up a final at the Stadio Olimpico against Juventus. Obviously Juventus will have a slight home advantage with the game being played in Italy and they have beaten Manchester United, Bayern Munchen and Liverpool to make it to the final. They missed out on their league title though to Sampdoria.

League Table:

View attachment 232748

2 points and 10 goals scored down on last season, but still very dominant! Bayern pipped Dortmund to 2nd, whilst Schalke just held onto the last Champions League place on goal difference to Stuttgart. In the 2 Bundesliga, our rivals Hertha continued their tradition of getting relegated and then promoted every two seasons as they finished 2nd to secure two top flight teams from the capital next season.

German Cup Final:

View attachment 232747

Heading into the game I was a little nervous as Dortmund had put up a great fight against us in the league a few weeks back to hold us to a 2-2 draw and I know they have the players to cause us problems on their day. However, I needed not to be worried as we were in top in the game from the off and managed to win the game 5-0 to win our 6th German Cup. This win means we have now won 5 of the 6 competitions we were entered this season with just the Champions League left to win...

Player Stats:

View attachment 232746

Schroder finally managed to hit the 50 goal mark this season, with 54 goals in 44 starts. Add in the fact he also got 17 assists and it's no wonder he has an amazing average rating of 8.17. Muller, Brandt and Milosevic were all equally as brilliant this season as Milosevic has now taken over from Richard as first choice CM as he's too good to leave out of the starting 11 but I similarly can't bring myself to sell/drop Muller just yet. Both young right backs in Mariko and Oz have played very well and are now both classified as world class by my coaches, despite only both being 19 years of age! The fact our backup striker doesn't make the screenshot despite the fact he got 25 goals in in 16 starts and 20 sub appearances goes to show just how good our squad has been this year!

Other News:

1)
Our under 19's won their league title back from Wolfsburg this season, meaning that they have now won their league 4 times in the past 5 seasons.

View attachment 232743

Next update will be the 2025 Champions League Final against Juventus. Can we secure our 2nd ever Champions League in our 2nd final appearance and secure the sextuple or will we finally taste final heartbreak after winning our previous 4 finals this season?

1. FC Union Berlin
Champions League Final - 2025

View attachment 232736

Roads to the Final:

View attachment 232735View attachment 232734

Both teams have had pretty solid runs to the final. We took maximum points from our 6 group games whereas they dropped just 4 points in topping their group. Their home record is what carried them through the knockout rounds which is worrying considering the final is being played in Italy, however our performances in the knockout rounds have been dominant and I think they have more reasons to fear us than we have to fear them!

Lineups:

View attachment 232733

We're at full strength with the whole squad raring to go. Milosevic gets the nod ahead of Richard in the middle and it's nice to see two academy graduates starting in the full back positions. Their team is quite full of experience with 6 players aged 30 or above, however we should have the far fresher legs and a lot of our players are comfortable with big game situations despite their youth.

The Match:

View attachment 232732

Juventus looked to have made a perfect start when Vietto scored just 6 minutes into the game, however his goal was ruled out for offside. We bounced back pretty well and Torsten Schroder got his 55th goal of the season to put us 1-0 up in the 23rd minute. Juventus didn't cave in though and got an equalizer in the 36th minute when de Jager spilled a free kick and Gabbiadini turned in the rebound. We looked to be heading in level at half time before a fantastic sweeping counter attack led to Brandt putting us 2-1 up in the 44th minute with his 30th goal of the season from the left wing. Into the second half and the next goal was always going to be important. The goal came in the 58th minute from a Juventus player but luckily for us it was an own goal! They did threaten after that until the fella who scored the own goal completed a miserable game by getting sent off in the 79th minute. We went on to win the game 3-1 and we won our 2nd ever Champions League, completing an amazing season of winning all 6 competitions we were entered in!

Other News:

1) A few more awards won by our players. Schroder won Best Player in Europe (with Muller and Milosevic 2nd and 3rd respectively), Volpe won Champions League Best Player, Schroder won Champions League Golden Boot and we had 6 players in the CL dream team. Schroder also set a new club record for most man of the matches in one season with 14.

View attachment 232728

2) This isn't so much news as just my thoughts, but I'm thinking that after the dominant season we have had we should be looking to promote a few more academy players/home grown players into the squad next season. The 3 I have in mind currently are Klata, Claasen and Gertner. Kurzawa is on the decline so I may move him on and attempt to get his 90k a week wages off the books. However, I wouldn't feel confident in having Claasen as backup left back for any massive games so I may let him run his contract down and only play him if necessary. I may also consider bringing Skraparas into our squad after his decent loan spell at Monchengladbach this season and move on Gaudino, however I'm undecided on that one.

View attachment 232724View attachment 232725View attachment 232726View attachment 232723

Next update will be a Euro Nations League update with France, before another update with France for the Confederations Cup!

France
Summer - 2025

View attachment 231427

Euro Nations League:

View attachment 231426View attachment 231425

We retained our Euro Nations League title that we won 2 years earlier, beating Ukraine in the semis and then beating England in a repeat of the final 2 years ago (and last years Euros) by a 2-1 scoreline. I wasn't too fussed about the competition but it was a nice lead into the Confederations Cup...

Confederations Cup:

View attachment 231424View attachment 231423

A 4th trophy win in just 3 years as France manager as we lifted the Confederations Cup in Mexico with a 3-1 win over Brazil. We came through our group with Argentina, Costa Rica and Iraq with 7 points, needing a late equalizer to avoid my first defeat as France manager! We won a tight game against hosts Mexico 3-2 in the semis, twice fighting from behind to book our place in the final vs Brazil. We rushed into a 2 goal lead early on but Brazil pulled a goal back, only for us to secure the win in the second half with a goal from Monaco midfielder Imbula. With the Confederations Cup in the bag I decided to resign and focus solely on Union Berlin, leaving my France record as 32 wins and 3 draws from 35 games.

View attachment 231422View attachment 231421

Next update will be a season preview with Union Berlin...

Just caught up with this. How good was old mate in the Champs League final. Scores an OG, gets sent off and still recorded a 7 rating, good for 2nd highest in the Juve team!! XD

View attachment 231205

Gerhards Steps Down

View attachment 231203

In a statement released earlier today from the German Football Association, they confirmed that Milan Gerhards had tendered his resignation from his post as manager of the German national team, citing health reasons for why he is no longer able to carry on in the job.

The 68 year old took over the job last summer after a reasonable European Championships which saw Germany get knocked out 4-2 in the semi finals by eventual winners France. In his short one year tenure in the job, the performances of the team have been less than spectacular. They finished second from 3 teams in the Euro Nations League, but were on the end on a humiliating 6-0 defeat at home to France which had many questioning his suitability to the job given his lack of experience at the top level. Another 3-0 defeat to France left Germany in danger of being relegated to the second tier of the Nations League, however a 1-0 win at home to Spain in the final game with an 80th minute goal from Thomas Muller saw Spain get relegated in their place.

Results had started to improve in the new year with 3 wins from 3 in the World Cup Qualifying campaign, away to Hungary and Bosnia and at home to Luxembourg. However, there was still plenty of criticism of Gerhard's style of play amongst German fans. Despite the mixed success of Gerhard's reign, it is expected that the German FA will continue it's policy of appointing German managers with something to prove in spite of the fact that Union Berlin manager Scott Houghton has commented on numerous occasions that he wants the job.

It's expected that Gerhard's replacement will be announced soon, so stay tuned to bild.de/sport for further updates.

View attachment 230823

Ballack Appointed New Germany Manager

View attachment 230822
The 48 year old ex-German international has agreed to take over from Milan Gerhards in what will be his first managerial job

In keeping with recent tradition, the German FA have taken the surprise decision to appoint an unproven manager as the man to take the national team forward. However, in appointing Ballack they have appointed a man with vast experience in international football after mounting up 98 caps as a player and someone who is extremely popular with the German public. The length of Ballack's contract has not yet been revealed, however his first task as Germany boss will be to take them to the World Cup next year in Mexico and aiming to end an 8 year trophy drought since they won the 2017 Confederations Cup.

In a 20 year career spanning 5 clubs, Ballack amassed over 400 league appearances and 100 league goals. Since retiring, he has kept active within the game, working as both a coach for Swiss side Locarno and working as a TV analyst for many companies around the world. In a short press conference unveiling his new role, Ballack commented that it has always been his dream to be able to manage the German national team and that he is extremely grateful to the German FA for entrusting him with such a high profile job in his first managerial appointment. He promised that his team would play not only with the efficiency often associated with German teams but also with great attacking intent and creative flair.

The immediate future for Ballack will revolve around getting Germany to the upcoming World Cup in Mexico. They are currently joint top of their qualifying group with 9 points from 3 games, however it looks as though the top spot will be decided in the 2 games against Wales, who also currently boast a 100% record. It is expected that Ballack will choose to replace 36 year old defender Mats Hummels as the national team captain in order to bring through a new younger generation of footballers into the national team, although this has not been confirmed as of yet.

So, are you happy with the appointment of Ballack as the new Germany manager or should a more experienced manager been appointed. Tweet us your reactions @BILD_Sport

This story has been exceptional, i just caught up with all of it. Jaw dropping success mate, great job! :)

I cannot believe you keep getting overlooked for the Germany job, i call 'bug'!

This story has been exceptional, i just caught up with all of it. Jaw dropping success mate, great job! :)

I cannot believe you keep getting overlooked for the Germany job, i call 'bug'!

Cheers mate!

The Germany job is definitely bugged as Gerhards was a 68 year old regen with no managerial experience haha, so I've added Ballack as a 2nd manager to work my way around it (if that wasn't already obvious).