Man, thats tough against Bayern. Could still nick the title though mate, stranger things have happened!

Really looking forward to seeing the plans for the new stadium, hopefully 50k+!!

Being half German, really enjoying watching you manage this great club. Union Berlin have really passionate fans and a great potential for growth in real life!!

Really looking forward to seeing the plans for the new stadium, hopefully 50k+!!

Being half German, really enjoying watching you manage this great club. Union Berlin have really passionate fans and a great potential for growth in real life!!

Yeah I can't wait to see the new stadium. I feel there's the potential for a massive fanbase here with the amount of people living in Berlin so I hope it is pretty big and with the potential to expand.

Man, thats tough against Bayern. Could still nick the title though mate, stranger things have happened!

We can but hope mate.

If we don't win it then I'm definitely not signing Cuevas permanently and Donati will probably be sold as I think we would have won that if we kept 11 on the pitch!

1. FC Union Berlin
Mai - 2018

View attachment 250228

Fixtures:

View attachment 250226

We hold up our end of the bargain on the last day with a 4-1 away win at bottom side Braunschweig, however Bayern beat Hamburg 2-1 at home to retain their Bundesliga title. We are now left to ponder the missed opportunity and the misfortune of the game against Bayern.

League Table:

View attachment 250225

We finish on 78 points and that would have been enough to win the title in any of the past 3 seasons, which makes it all the more difficult to take. We are up 8 points and 12 GD from last season, so we are heading in the right direction and making positive strides for the future.

Player Stats:

View attachment 250223

Benteke ends with 25 goals for the season and I can confirm that I have taken up the option to sign him permanently for £5,000,000 and he is on 45k a week wages. At just 27 and in the prime of his career I think it's a decent deal.

Other News:

1)
City rivals Hertha Berlin got promoted back to the Bundesliga this year so we will have 2 Berlin sides in the top flight next year and a couple of derbys to play.

View attachment 250227

Next update will be a German Cup Final update. Do people prefer the live update style update or the match report style?

So unlucky to miss out on the league mate, obviously having 8 men didn't help! Really thought you were gonna beat Bayern at first. Still a great season and hopefully next season you can go one better.

Still really enjoying the story - thinking of starting a save in Germany as I really like the league and your story has inspired me ha :)

So unlucky to miss out on the league mate, obviously having 8 men didn't help! Really thought you were gonna beat Bayern at first. Still a great season and hopefully next season you can go one better.

Still really enjoying the story - thinking of starting a save in Germany as I really like the league and your story has inspired me ha :)

Yeah you should give it a go, it's a good league to manage in. The other country that I highly recommend is Holland which is a really fun country to manage in.

View attachment 250189

German Cup Final 2018 - Live Updates

View attachment 250188

19:05 - The Lineups have been released for the game. Berlin are missing key player Correa and have no Benteke up front as he misses out though injury. Muhammed Besic also misses out for Berlin. The big decision for Bayern is the decision to start Memphis Depay up front in place of Lewandowski who scored a hatrick against Berlin a few weeks ago.

19:30 - The stadium is starting to fill up now as the anticipation builds for Berlin's defence of their German Cup against Bayern Munchen.

19:54 - The players are making their way out onto the pitch, the final starts in just over 5 minutes

KICK OFF - Malcom and Kimmich get the game under way from kick off for FC Union Berlin

9 - The first chance of the game falls to Bayern as Thomas Muller skips past Stafylidis and into the box, only for Trapp to push away his powerful near post effort.

26 - GOAL - A pretty quiet opening spell but Bayern have taken the lead thanks to a Javi Martinez header from a floaty corss from Lucas Silva. Stafylidis is appealing for offside but the linesman is having none of it. Replays show the linesman got it spot on.

32 - It should be 2. Gunter misjudges a long ball forward from Neuer and Depay goes clear through on goal but puts his shot wide from 12 yards. Big let off for Berlin but they have been poor so far and need to pick it up.

39 - Finally a chance for Berlin and it fell to an ex-Bayern player as a corner was worked to the edge of the box and Kimmich's powerful strike was turned around the post

HALF TIME - A fairly mediocre first half compared to the game a couple of weeks ago, but Bayern will be happy with their performance and go in to the break 1-0 up.

72 - GOAL - Berlin make a double substitution and it immediately pays dividens as substitute Rojas slots the ball into Malcom, who skips past the challenge of left back Durm and smashes his effort past Neuer at the front post. A goalkeeper of Neuer's class may be disappointed that he let that past him. 1-1, game on!

79 - Bayern think they have retaken the lead through Robert Lewandowski but the goal is ruled out for offside. Bayern get a small taste of how Berlin felt 2 weeks ago with disallowed goals.

END OF 90 MINUTES - We're heading for extra time here in Berlin as the match ends 1-1 inside 90 minutes.

96 - A swift counter attack from Bayern nearly results in a goal as Depay plays in Lewandowski is only prevented by a smart save from Trapp.

HALF TIME IN EXTRA TIME - Still 1-1, extra time has been pretty uneventful as both teams are starting to tire after a long season.

109 - Another missed chance for Lewandowski after Depay slots him in behind the back four. If any team is going to win this inside extra time it's going to be Bayern.

120 - A late chance for Berlin as Malcom gets on the end of a floated free kick but completely mistimes his header and the ball goes off in the complete wrong direction.

FULL TIME - We're heading to penalties here in Berlin as the game ends 1-1. I think Berlin will take this as Bayern have created the better chances.

1 - Muller steps up 1st for Munchen and scores. Kimmich steps up for Berlin and scores.

2 - Lewandowski drills home Bayerns second penalty and Fofana also scores for Berlin.

3 - Thiago scores for Munich and Malcom scores for Berlin, 3-3 after 3 penalties each.

4 - 4-4 now as Lahm and Rojas both score. It's getting tense now.

5 - Hojbjerg scores for Bayern leaving Stafylidis needing to score to take it to sudden death. He blasts it straight down the middle and it is now 5-5.

6 - Javi Martinez scores and American international Sean O'Shea misses for Berlin. Bayern win the German Cup 6-5 on penalties!

Next main update will be a summer update for the pre-season of 2018/2019, however their may be transfers news or club news articles in the meantime if necessary. Again, feedback on live updates vs match reports for big matches in regards to which you prefer would be welcomed.

View attachment 250180

FC Union Berlin Announce New Stadium Plans

View attachment 250179
The Union fans will say goodbye to the stadium they helped to rebuild in two seasons time.

1. FC Union Berlin have today announced plans for a new stadium to be completed by June 2020. An all seater stadium with an initial capacity of 36,500, the stadium will also boast undersoil heating and a retractable roof.

Whilst the Union Berlin fans will realize that this is a step the club needed to make in order to keep progressing as a club, there will also be an air of disappointment as they prepare to say goodbye to the stadium which over 2000 Berlin fans helped to rebuild in 2009 when the club were going through financial difficulties.

The cost of the new stadium, innovatively named ' FC Union Berlin Stadium' will cost the club around £107,000,000 however some of that cost will be offset by selling their current stadium (£12,000,000) and through additional sponsorship. The remaining cost will be covered by a massive £86,000,000 loan and therefore there will be pressure on the Union Berlin manager to keep the good times rolling and to make extra money though prize money and player transfers.

Unlucky with the title and the cup mate but you've made gigantic strides with the club. Thats some ****** loan for the new stadium though!!!!

Seems like Bayern are as much fun for you as they are for me at the moment!! That stadium loan too - wow!!

Unlucky with the title and the cup mate but you've made gigantic strides with the club. Thats some ****** loan for the new stadium though!!!!

Yeah we're doing well at the moment, wish the stadium was bigger to be honest (Especially considering the cost) but hopefully it has a lot of room for expansion.

Seems like Bayern are as much fun for you as they are for me at the moment!! That stadium loan too - wow!!

Yeah, I'm developing quite the dislike for them haha

1. FC Union Berlin
Pre-Season - 2018/2019

View attachment 249746

Transfers:

View attachment 249745

It was once again another very busy transfer period as we continue to attempt to both strengthen our squad and also make it more German at the same time. We made a net spent just over £30,000,000, with the 4 main sales being Wilson, O'Shea, Lovric and Buchel. I was slightly disappointed to let Lovric and O'Shea go as they do have some good potential however they just didn't fit into the squad and I let them go for the good of their careers.

View attachment 249744View attachment 249743View attachment 249742View attachment 249741

The first 3 incomings were the previously announced signings of Benteke, Rode and Kellner. Benteke had a good season on loan last year and will hopefully replicate that form this year, whilst Rode will offer some good competition for the midfield roles and is an extra German in the squad. Kellner does't look to have quite the potential we originally thought but could still develop into a very good winger.

View attachment 249740View attachment 249739View attachment 249738

Next up comes a double German signing from rivals Dortmund with Sven Bender and Matthias Ginter joining for a combined fee of just over £20,000,000. Bender will likely go straight into the team at DM, whilst Ginter will offer good cover as 3rd choice CB and still has some potential to improve.

View attachment 249737View attachment 249736

The final 3 signings were all brought in to play backup roles in the squad. German goalkeeper Andre Weis joined from Ingolstadt for £375,000 and will provide adequate backup for Trapp and German left back Ostrzolek joined from Hamburg for £2,200,000 to provide backup for Stafylidis. Finally Lucas Ocampos arrived from Monaco for £11,500,000 to provide backup for Correa on the left, but he is versatile and can play on the right and up front and so should see plenty of game time to keep him happy.

View attachment 249734View attachment 249735View attachment 249733

Squad:

View attachment 249732View attachment 249731

We haven't really improved the first 11 all that much over the Summer but we have improved the quality of the squad, and made key strides in reaching our target of 16 German players in the squad by the start of next season. Currently there is 12, although I may still send young midfielder Krstvski out on loan.

My main worry is the finances of the club. I'm working well within my budgets set (still have £14,000,000 to spend and a spare £80,000 in wages, however we are projected to be £28,000,000 in the red this year. I'm pretty sure this doesn't take into account prize money so we should be fine as the Bundesliga and Champions League prize money is very good, however I may sell off a big player in order to avoid us going too badly in the red at any point this season.

View attachment 249729

German Super Cup:

View attachment 249728

A little bit of revenge on Bayern as we manage to beat them 2-1 and retain our German Super Cup. It was a pretty even game but goals from Malcom and Correa were enough to bring the trophy back to Berlin. Obviously this is not the main trophy we want but it is nice to win regardless.

Next update will be an August review...

View attachment 249726

FC Union Berlin Smash Transfer Record

View attachment 249723View attachment 249722
It's one in and one out for Berlin as Correa departs to PSG and Brandt arrives from Leverkusen

It's been an extremely interesting day of transfer activity for FC Union Berlin as they smash their transfer record to sign German international winger Julian Brandt from Leverkusen for £30,000,000, whilst also selling Argentinian winger Joaquin Correa to PSG for a joint record fee of £40,000,00, the same fee they received 7 months ago from PSG for Thorgan Hazard.

It has been a whirlwind few months for Correa, who only joined Berlin in January from Sampdoria for £12,500,000. In the few months of the season which remained, he really played his way into the hearts of Union fans by picking up where Thorgan Hazard left off. In 22 appearances for the club he managed 5 goals, 7 assists and 6 man of the matches, often providing the big moment when his team needed it most. However, after learning of PSG's interest he was keen to take the move to France and Union were willing to let him go as they had a replacement lined up.

On the arrival front, Julian Brandt is a player we have been reporting that Berlin have been chasing all summer long. The 22 year old German international has been involved in the 1st team at Leverkusen for the past 4 years running and had his best season yet for the club last year, bagging himself 15 goals and 4 assists in 33 league games. With FC Union Berlin announcing last January that they wish to have 16 German first team squad members by the start of next season, they have been vigorously scouting some of the best home grown talent and earmarked Brandt as a potential signing at the start of the window. It is believed that Berlin actually had a £40,000,000 bid rejected for Brandt earlier in the window, however the player became increasingly unsettled due to his desire to play in the Champions League for Berlin and so when Leverkusen finally agreed to sell him, they had to do so for a reduced price.

In other news, we are hearing that Union Berlin are also courting the signature of SC Freiburg's young wonderkid striker Torsten Schroder. It is believed that any deal is unlikely to take place in this window with Freiburg very reluctant to let go of their prize asset, however Schroder is keen on a move to the capital and may try to force through a move. We also understand that Berlin would be willing to move on young Brazilian striker Malcom in order to finance any potential deal.

Next up will be the August update...

Cracking signings!! You're becoming PSG's feeder club :p

1. FC Union Berlin
August - 2018

View attachment 249695

Fixtures:

View attachment 249694

Just the two games in August to start the season. We started with a 1st round cup tie against lower league opposition which we won comfortably 5-0 with a mainly second string team. Our first Bundesliga game ended disappointingly with a 1-1 draw away to Borussia Monchengladbach. We thought we had the 3 points in the bag when Brandt got himself a debut goal to put us 1-0 up in the 81st minute, however Raffael scored with the last kick of the game to bring the game level and we start our season with a draw.

Other News:

1)
We've been drawn in a pretty kind Champions League group this year, with Manchester City, Zenit and Maribor. We beat Zenit home and away last year and we should be able to beat Maribor home and away. City finished 4th in the Premier League last year and do have a stronger squad than us, but we can certainly give them a game.

View attachment 249693

2)
This happened a couple of months ago but I forgot to put it in an update, we now have 1860 Munchen as a feeder team in order to send young players on loan to them.

View attachment 249692

3) Here is the new signing Brandt and the outgoing Correa, as well as a comparison of the two

View attachment 249676View attachment 249675View attachment 249674

Next up will be a September review, including a trip to Manchester in the Champions League and 5 Bundesliga games.

Last edited: