Wooooooo hoooooo!!!! Congratulations on beating Bayern again! Sorry mate missed the last couple of updates pumping out my posts.

Thanks for the shoutout and my that coaching setup looks like you will be having success for a long time now!!!

Cheers mate, really wasn't expecting Bayern to slip up on the final day of the season but writing that update as I played the game heightened by nerves even more haha

1.FC Union Berlin
Pre-Season - 2020/2021

View attachment 245593

Transfers:

View attachment 245592

£62,000,000 spent this summer and the exact same amount brought in. We made 4 big sales and also loaned a few youngsters out for more game experience. Firstly we let Rode and Malcom depart the club to Sampdoria for a combined £35,000,000. I liked Rode but he is getting on a little at 29 and I got him on a free, so it was a nice £15,000,000 profit to make. Malcom never really impressed at the club in either spell and was re-signed last year as a last choice backup option. A £13,000,000 profit was made on him this time so I can't complain. We also decided to move on Julian Korb for £17,250,000 (profit of £13,700,000) to Lyon and Bender to Huddersfield for £10,000,000 (loss of £3,000,000. Bender was getting on a bit and with one of my signings it made sense to move him on, and I felt the value for Korb was inflated due to his performances last season which I didn't see him replicating.

View attachment 245591View attachment 245590View attachment 245589View attachment 245588

On the incomings we brought in 2 players who I see as starting 11 players. Callum Chambers cost us £20,000,000 from Chelsea and will be our new first choice right back, whilst German Lorenzo Bertolani arrived from Hamburg for £23,500,000 and the wonderkid will go straight into the team at DM and still has plenty of room to improve.

View attachment 245587View attachment 245586

Noto was brought in from Bayern for £10,250,000 to be my new backup striker to Schroder. Similar to Bertolani he is also half Italian and described as a wonderkid! His attributes are slightly strange but he is a good finisher and is good in the air with room to improve. Zimmer will simply be a backup right back and will likely be complaining a few months down the line about a lack of game time!

View attachment 245585View attachment 245584

Squad:

View attachment 245583View attachment 245582

I think our starting 11 is a little stronger than last year with Chambers coming in at right back and Bertolani coming in for Bender at defensive midfield. I decided to call up young midfielder Wehner to be backup for Brandt at AML. In reality he is a year away from being good enough to be backup but I'm hoping a year as backup and getting 20 minutes here and there off the bench will improve his development.

View attachment 245575

German Super Cup:

View attachment 245581

A 3rd Super Cup win in 4 years as a late winner from Patrick Herrmann gives us a 3-2 win over Bayern Munchen.

Other News:

1)
I am now a club legend at the club.

View attachment 245580

2)
The Germany manager got sacked after a poor European Championships, getting beat 4-1 off England in the quarters! I applied for the job but was laughed off for ex Dortmund keeper Weidenfeller to get his first job in management!

View attachment 245579

3)
We've moved into our new 36,250 capacity stadium. Just a day after the build was completed we got the board to expand the capacity to 48,000. Hopefully we can expand it even further after this.

View attachment 245578View attachment 245577

Next update will be an August review, including a group stage draw for the Champions League and our first 2 Bundesliga games...

You'll be raking in the money when your stadium upgrades are done!

You'll be raking in the money when your stadium upgrades are done!

Yeah our finances are looking pretty good as they stand as well to be honest with £40,000,000 in the bank. With the lack of TV money in Germany we generally tend to lose loads of money throughout the season then get lumps sums at the end of the season with prize money, Champions League TV money and sponsorship money.

As you say though the bigger stadium should help increase the finances further and we're in a position to start promoting players from within now as well so hopefully that should save/make us some money on transfers in the long run as well.

1. FC Union Berlin
August - 2020

View attachment 245353

Fixtures:

View attachment 245352

We started the month with a comfortable win in the German Cup with a backup side playing. Summer arrival Noto bagged himself a hatrick and youth academy graduate Wehner added a 4th with a great strike from outside the area. We then started our league season with a comfortable 3-0 home win over Hoffenheim before a slightly disappointing 1-1 draw away at Hannover. I can't really begrudge them the draw though after their draw with Bayern on the final day last season!

Other News:

1)
Unfortunately we are still only 3rd seeds in the Champions League and therefore we have quite a hard Champions League group this year, with both Atletico Madrid and Manchester United in our group.

View attachment 245350

2) Season ticket sales have risen once again this season, which is nice to see.

View attachment 245347

Next update will be a more detailed September update, with games at home to Man United and away to Atletico in the Champions League as well as 4 league games with 2 tricky away games against Werder Bremen and Wolfsburg...

Very intimidating group but at least the season ticket sales are booming. And more money = better players.

Tough group there mate. Sounds like September is going to be a very challenging month. Good luck with it!

1. FC Union Berlin
September - 2020

View attachment 245056

Fixtures:

View attachment 245055

The results have been pretty good this month but I feel like it's been pretty stressful with 3 of the league games being very tight heading into the final moments of the game. Luckily we seemed to be able to grind out the wins despite a leaky defence this month. In the Champions League we suffered a 2-0 defeat away to Manchester United in a game I was disappointed to lose as I don't think their team was particularly impressive. We did bounce back by beating Atletico on match day 2 though 2-0 at home. One thing I'm annoyed by though is that the standing areas in our stadium can not be converted to seats for Champions League games which reduces our attendance in Europe by 8,000 or so.

League Table/Champions League Group:

View attachment 245054View attachment 245053

Top of the league at this early stage but there are a few teams close behind us. Bayern have bounced back well last month after losing both league games in August. We're second in our Champions League group but it will start to take a better shape after our two games against Maribor coming up!

Player of the Month - Loris Noto

View attachment 245052

I decided to give it to our backup striker as he bagged a brace in his only start of the month against Stuttgart and also came off the bench to score an 87th minute winner at Werder Bremen.

Player Stats:

View attachment 245051

2 players you can't see on this screenshot are new signings Chambers and Bertolani who both haven't been quite as good as I would have liked so far in their Union careers, but they've both got plenty of time to turn it around. One player I am thinking of moving on is Kostas Stafylidis who has dropped behind Ostrzolek in the pecking order. If I could get decent money for Kostas then I may look to bring in a new first choice left back.

Other News:

1)
We received a nice £6,250,000 from the Mustafi transfer after he made 10 international appearances since joining Real Madrid.

View attachment 245048

2)
Upgrades to our training facilities have been completed, leaving our club facilities looking like this.

View attachment 245047

Next update will be a October review, which begins with a early title clash against Schalke!

1. FC Union Berlin
Oktober - 2020

View attachment 244996

Fixtures:

View attachment 244995

Now this is more like what I expect from us as champions! 6 wins from 6 across 3 different competitions and 5 of the wins were by 3 goals or more. What is even more impressive is that we sent out an early signal of intent by smashing title rivals Bayern Munchen and Schalke 4-1 at home! We also secured a fantastic 5-0 win over Maribor which is to be expected, however we achieved it with a completely rotated team apart from the keeper. The win over Koln was a bit tighter than we hoped after a late Fuchs free kick gave them hope, but the 5-0 win over Stuttgart in the cup and the 6-0 win away at Kaiserslautern were far more routine!

We were taking apart defences this month as easy as Joe Root took apart the Aussie bowling attack in the first Ashes test!
;)

View attachment 244994View attachment 244993

3 points ahead of our nearest title rivals in Dortmund, with a nice 7 point lead over Bayern and 9 point lead over Schalke, albeit they have a game in hand. In the Champions League we sit 2nd behind United and we could all but secure our place in the next round if we win in Maribor and United beat Atletico again. I would also like to direct attention here to 2 fantastic young German players at Dortmund who I would like to bring to the club. Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever be able to get either as I have been tracking them for a while but Dortmund are always completely unreasonable with any approach we make.

View attachment 244991View attachment 244990

Player of the Month - Loris Noto

View attachment 244992

Our backup striker wins the award again and I'm glad our coaches are finally giving him the credit he deserves in terms of his ability. Scored 2 after coming off the bench against Schalke, got a hatrick against Maribor in the Champions League and then got 4 against Stuttgart in the cup. Really nice to have two goalscoring striker instead of having Malcom in reserve who generally couldn't hit a barn door!

Player Stats:

View attachment 244989

15 goals in 5 starts and 8 sub appearances for Noto is not bad, although a lot of his goals obviously came against weaker opposition. Schroder is also averaging a goal a start and there have been plenty of contributions from out wide and the middle of the park as well.

Other News:

1)
We have a new feeder club in Swiss side Grasshoppers. They have excellent facilities so they may just produce a couple of great players that we can ****** off them in the future!

View attachment 244987View attachment 244988

2)
We've already made an early transfer move in securing a new signing for the January transfer window. Brazilian midfielder Richard will join from Palmeiras for a total fee of £21,500,000. He has all the makings of a top midfielder and I'll likely slowly introduce him to the team in the second half of the season before making him first choice next year and likely moving on Fofana as he is my only non-German centre midfielder and I think we could get big money for him.

View attachment 244986

Next update will be a November update, with 3 very winnable Bundesliga games and Champions League games away to Maribor and home to Manchester United...

Cracking stuff as always mate got some awesome regens too!

1. FC Union Berlin
November - 2020

View attachment 244447

Fixtures:

View attachment 244445

We started the month as we finished the last with 2 dominant victories over Maribor in the Champions League and Hamburg in the Bundesliga, both by 4 goals to 0. Noto got himself yet another hatrick in the game against Maribor and it really is brilliant to have two strikers we can rely on up top. The next game was the big disappointment of the month, losing 3-1 away to Mainz. We took the lead early on in the game and didn't look to be under any real pressure, however a converted penalty for Mainz in the 59th minute was quickly added to by a Okazaki goal in the 64th minute as the game was flipped on it's head. We chucked everyone forward in the last 10 minutes as we looked to get back in the game and they had us with a sucker punch in the 92nd minute. We did however bounce back fantastically, smashing Manchester United 5-0 in Berlin topped off by a hatrick from centre midfield from our skipper Kimmich. We then finished the month with a scrappy 2-1 win over Nurnberg, with Schroder bagging a 77th minute winner.

View attachment 244443View attachment 244444

The loss in Mainz has allowed Dortmund to pull level on points with us at the top however we do have a nice 6 point lead over Schalke and a 10 point lead over Bayern. We play Dortmund at home in December which will be a big game in the title battle. We've topped our CL group with a game to go due to superior h2h record against United, so may put out a backup side against Atletico on the final match day.

Player of the Month - Joshua Kimmich

View attachment 244439

Captain Kimmich has led from the front this month with 5 goals from midfield, leading to speculation that he may be in contention for the World Golden Ball award at the end of the year.

Player Stats:

View attachment 244440

Noto's goal record is spectacular so far this season. Marvin Muller has been outstanding on the right and PSG fans must be wondering why they let him go for £15,500,000 and then proceeded to give us £100,000,000 for 3 wingers, 2 of which barely ever played!

Other News:

1)
On the development of our squad front, the latest international period saw 15 players from Union Berlin get called up to play international football for Germany. 7 in the senior squad, 2 in the under 21's and 6 in the under 19's!

View attachment 244442

2) Some bad news in this update is the fact Gaudino has broken his leg and will be out for near enough the remained of the season. On the plus side this opens a place in the squad for Richard when he arrives in January.

View attachment 244441

Next update will be a December review, including that all important game against Dortmund!

Youngsters seem to be coming along well mate, smooth sailing! :)

****. Might be dominating for a while with that front line!!

Loving this mate, good luck with that tough Champions League group!

Just read through the pages, what a great save it has been and what a step forward for the club. Some of those transfers are amazing and the profits made are top notch. Great stuff and KIU.

****. Might be dominating for a while with that front line!!

That's the plan! Well, until PSG come in and offer £100,000,000 or something to buy one of them (probably the one they sold to me for £15,000,000 XD )

Loving this mate, good luck with that tough Champions League group!

Thanks mate, Man United and Atletico proved to be a little easier than anticipated in all honesty but I suppose the real challenge awaits in the knockout rounds as we've never been past the quarters and have been knocked out in the first knockout round in the past 2 seasons.

Just read through the pages, what a great save it has been and what a step forward for the club. Some of those transfers are amazing and the profits made are top notch. Great stuff and KIU.

Cheers mate, glad you're enjoying it!

1. FC Union Berlin
Dezember - 2020

View attachment 244242

Fixtures:

View attachment 244241

We started the month with the final game in our Champions League group and we put out a semi-rotated side against Atletico in Madrid. The changes to our lineup didn't affect our performance though, cruising our way to a 5-0 victory courtesy of a Torsten Schroder hatrick and putting down a signal of intent that we mean business in the Champions League this year. We followed that result with a 4-0 away win in Freiburg. Herrmann got a brace in the game but also got injured and was ruled out for 2-3 months, meaning we have had to call up under 19's winger Conti to be backup right winger until January when we recall Claus Kellner from his loan spell at Bochum. Two 3-0 wins over Hannover in the cup and Leipzig in the league followed before the big title clash at the Union Berlin Stadion against Dortmund. A tight first half saw us head into the brake locked at 0-0, but we came flying out of the blocks after half time and got 2 goals in 3 minutes from Schroder and Muller, which were enough to give us the 3 points! We finished the month and headed into the winter break with a 4-2 away win against Leverkusen, topped off by a brace from captain Kimmich.

View attachment 244240View attachment 244239

We head into the break with a slim 3 point lead over Dortmund. I think we can probably rule Bayern out of any title battle as they are 15 points behind and it is even unlikely that Schalke would overturn a 9 point deficit, meaning it is likely a 2 horse race for the Bundesliga title. We topped our CL group with ease, with the one defeat in Manchester as the only blip on our record.

Player of the Month - Marvin Muller

View attachment 244238

The Frenchman was rested for the 1st couple of games of the month but was fantastic in the following 4 games, getting at least a 9 rating in 3 of them and an 8.6 in the other.

Player Stats:

View attachment 244237

Schroder and Noto are locked in a battle to be our top scorer with 19 each so far this season, although I'd expect Schroder to pull away in the second half of the season. Muller is topping the assists with 13 and man of the matches with 6.

Other News:

1)
The draw for the 1st knockout round has been made and we have been drawn against Valencia. It's not the worst draw but I do slightly worry about the fact we have been knocked out by Spanish opposition in the knockout rounds 3 seasons running...

View attachment 244235

2)
We received the final £6,250,000 from the Mustafi transfer after he made his 50th league appearance for Real Madrid, meaning the total transfer fee received for him was £59,000,000!

View attachment 244234View attachment 244236

Next update will be a January update, with 3 Bundesliga games and conformation of any transfer dealings that we do...

Absolutely smashing it mate, some team you've built there almost from nothing

1. FC Union Berlin
Januar - 2021

View attachment 244222

Transfers:

View attachment 244221

The big deal here was the previously mentioned deal to bring in Richard from Palmeiras. After that we decided to let backup keeper Weis go to Schalke for £900,000 and we replaced him with Spiess for £300,000. He's nothing special but won't ever play unless Leno gets injured and he may be replaces as backup next season anyway when one of my youth team keepers is old enough to play in the Bundesliga. Outside of these dealings we recalled Timme and Kellner from their loan deals to play a part in the first team squad as backup players. We then loaned Conti to Bochum so he could take the place that Kellner left in their squad. Both Timme and Kellner will only be backup players until Herrmann and Krstevski come back from injury, but hopefully being around our first team squad will accelerate their development.

View attachment 244220View attachment 244219View attachment 244218

View attachment 244217View attachment 244216

Fixtures:

View attachment 244215

3 games, 3 wins, 13 goals scored and just 2 conceded since our return from the winter break. Richard came of the bench to score on his debut in the 5-1 home win over Hannover 96. Schroder scored 5 goals over the 3 games, whilst Kimmich and Brandt got 2 a piece.

League Table:

View attachment 244214

Dortmund dropped points away at Freiburg and so we now have a 5 point lead over 2nd placed Dortmund. The most pleasing aspect of the table though is that 18 point gap between us and Bayern!

Other News:

1)
I've only just realized that we are now viewed as the 3rd most reputable club in world football and that has been achieved without any substantial continental success to speak of. We're the 14th richest club in the world and we have the 60th most season ticket holders!

View attachment 244212View attachment 244213View attachment 244211

Next update will be a February review, including the 1st leg of our Champions League 1st knockout round tie away in Valencia and two difficult looking away games in the league against Schalke and Monchengladbach!