• Views Views 27K

Will there be any Cup Upsets

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simpsons1.jpg

Simpsons2.jpg

That little p or little c as i like to call him is really doing my head in. I took him out my sun dream team as he only scored 1 goal and now he has got 3 in a week. Has a real eye for goal this lad and if he keeps performing this way then i can see Utd getting rid or Rooney.

That little p or little c as i like to call him is really doing my head in. I took him out my sun dream team as he only scored 1 goal and now he has got 3 in a week. Has a real eye for goal this lad and if he keeps performing this way then i can see Utd getting rid or Rooney.

I did the exact same.

I missed the united game. How did we play. I saw Bebe Scored, how did he look? Nice to see Park play as well, totally under rated.

I missed the united game. How did we play. I saw Bebe Scored, how did he look? Nice to see Park play as well, totally under rated.

First half was one of the worst with no shots on target from either sides. Second half was excellent, typical cup tie.

Bebe's goal was fluke. he was hit and miss. One of hos cross was hit from one side of ground to other, and next time, he made excellent cross to Macheda who missed it from 5-6 yards.

Obertan was very direct and dangerous with his dribbling. Somehow his decision making was average in final third, but he is close to first team imo.

Gibson put in decent shift, his work rate was good and he made the assist for winner and he was at fault for wolves second goal. He was good though.

Park apart from goal was very frustrating, but somehow he got MOTM, i dont know how. His goal was excellent finishing.

I agree I thought Obertan was ace. That's the first time I've sat up and noticed him. Seemed to me to be playing in the whole, looks strong and quick, held onto the ball brilliantly, and when he played the simple pass at the end of a run, I was very impressed. But I agree with Sunil to take the next step and become a Premiership player he needs more ideas on the ball and some quality at the end of a run. Looked promising today though.

yes, after everything they went through to keep him, united will get rid of rooney that quickly :S

What Hernandez has shown is that he is a genuine 3rd option as a striker, if not a starting player, still got a lot to learn but he has been very good so far, with some important goals; Ole reborn

Newcastle are expected to keep faith with the mixture of youngsters and fringe players that helped them to victory over Chelsea in the last round. Youngsters Shane Ferguson, Nile Ranger and Haris Vuckic could start, but Sol Campbell is not fit enough to face his former club.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger sprang a surprise in the last round by picking a strong and experienced side.
He is likely to include Theo Walcott, while Nicklas Bendtner could start.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Cesc Fabregas in tonights squad :D

Whinger is actually trying to win a cup this year it seems...

NEWCASTLE v ARSENAL
Newcastle: Krul, Perch, Williamson, Kadar, Ryan Taylor, Routledge, Guthrie, Smith, Vuckic, Lovenkrands, Ranger. Subs: Soderberg, Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Barton, Carroll, Gutierrez, Tiote.
Arsenal: Szczesny, Eboue, Djourou, Koscielny, Gibbs, Denilson, Eastmond, Rosicky, Walcott, Bendtner, Vela. Subs: Fabianski, Sagna, Fabregas, Arshavin, Emmanuel-Thomas, Lansbury, Nordtveit.
Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)

Strong bench for us, but given what Arsenal are putting out I worry for our defence, and I pray Perch is not at centre back as reported.

Strong bench for us, but given what Arsenal are putting out I worry for our defence, and I pray Perch is not at centre back as reported.

Perch - RB
Kadar & Williamson - CB
R.Taylor - LB

the pundit on sky's phone went off it was Alan Shearer who phoned him

and David Jones said "Shearer will to anything to be on sky !! XD

ASTON VILLA v BURNLEY
Aston Villa:
Friedel, Lichaj, Clark, Cuellar, Beye, Albrighton, Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Bannan, Ireland, Ashley Young. Subs: Guzan, Downing, Delfouneso, Heskey, Hogg, Collins, Johnson.
Burnley: Grant, Mears, Carlisle, Duff, Fox, Alexander, Rodriguez, Marney, Cork, Wallace, Paterson. Subs: Jensen, Iwelumo, Elliott, Edgar, Bikey, Easton, Thompson.
Referee: Michael Jones (Cheshire)

Good to see Lichaj getting a runout, as well as Bannan, they're both talented youngsters. Also, Lichaj has the Delap throw in his armoury, so should be cool watching that. We're not playing an out-and-out striker though, which is as shame 'cause I'd like to see Delfouneso given a game. Still, onwards and upwards.

ASTON VILLA v STOKE
Aston Villa:
l, Bannan,

Good to see Lichaj getting a runout, as well as Bannan, they're both talented youngsters.

Bannan left footed Beckham:wub:. Saw him agaiinst our reserves when he scored hattrick, he was class. I didnt understand why he was not given chance in first team. He looked ready for first team action.

Looks a very strong Villa side to me.. they should win comfortably.

Burnley 6 Villa 0

Sorry, what's that? I can't hear you over all the Birmingham players running scared from Brentford. :P

Bannan left footed Beckham:wub:. Saw him agaiinst our reserves when he scored hattrick, he was class. I didnt understand why he was not given chance in first team. He looked ready for first team action.

He is absolutely dripping in class is that lad. Tricky, good set-piece taker, versatile, sweet left foot and quick. I dunno why he hasn't been given a chance either, but here's hoping.

Looks a very strong Villa side to me.. they should win comfortably.

Mmm... not so sure. No striker, Carew was taken ill before the game. Hopefully we see some goals though.

Also, no Baby Brad, which I'm disappointed about, I like to see him play. Still, Friedel is a better keeper so there's not too much wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back