115 points and 139 goals for, in Championship CREWE - 4231 Asymmetric - NEED TESTERS

jonnysnipe

Reaction score
Well I saw everyones need for a 4231 and thought I loved that formation as well, I started off playing with Crewe and used galego25s tweak of chrissydudes 424 tactic which was essentially a 4231 http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...-play-epl-palace-1st-season-no-transfers.html

This can be found on post 242 on the link above. I managed to win league 1 being predicted 24th and broke the goal scoring record but I got destroyed in defence even after dropping the defensive line. At this point I decided to tweak things and get my own ideas into place, I wanted more of an old fashioned shape and positions, so on the last game of the league 1 season I tested my tactic out against Bradford, I saved and reloaded the game 5 times won all 5 times and decided this was the basis to start my tactic next season.

I started the new Championship season after making some very good buys for my team, I was lucky enough to receive 2 million for one of my youth strikers also I was lucky to have a link with Southampton as they gave me some quality players on loan. I started the season and I was scoring but still conceding, this is when I turned my attention to the tactic testing league, I had used tinkermans goalscoring machine before and knew it was stable. I implemented the defensive team instructions that he had and voila my tactic was born. Essentially it is a mixture of tinkermans TIs with the jigged about shape of galego25s tweak of chrissys tactic. I am not afraid to admit I drew inspiration from them as its led to this tactic.

Anyways enough of the origin story, now onto results. I currently am halfway through the season with Crewe 1st season in the Championship, predicted 23rd. I am unbeaten in those 23 games winning 18 and drawing 5, I will admit I have been lucky in a fair few of them, but I have the best GFs by a mile and have the joint best defence. I will say that it has Galego25s corners and they score a lot from the short corner tweak, but there is plenty of goals from open play. I will also say I think i've been lucky with my results so I doubt it will work for you, but seems like it will work with any type of team if it does work.

Screenshots:
View attachment 298716
View attachment 298715
View attachment 298714
View attachment 298713

Also there is a hold tactic but only use it in the last 10 minutes if you want to hold your lead.

End of season results:
View attachment 298619View attachment 298617View attachment 298616

Main tactic:
FinalTweak_9F987288-F6E2-4E6D-A2A4-054E9ACB0B16

Hold tactic:
FinalTweakHold_34EAA5EA-4567-4475-9023-4B6C0ABB2512

Last edited:
Let me test for you. I use Hayes, also expected to be 24th, now at 10th with other tactics...Don't have 1 tac that I love...

What is General Training, Match Prep, OI, Players needed?

General training just a mixture of attacking positioning and defence positioning, I have left it on attack all season, just get trashed by Villa in the FA cup!

OI i have only put all wide players been shown onto their opposite foot.

Sometimes it performs amazing sometimes it doesnt, hit and miss but I always seem to win.

1st loss of the season after 28 games, got a player sent off in the 11th minute, lost 1-0 away from home nightmare! Had more shots and CCCs as well....

It's working well for me but Im changed d-line to press and drop versions, changed left IF to a winger and the left WB to IWB. The IWB comes into the middle to bolster the centre of the park a bit more.

After a few games, defensively not very good....Lost all games, esp to bottom of the league teams...

Only OIs are show wide players onto opposite feet!

Interesting changes there Ben I found when I didnt decide the line it worked better, but I am lazy and want one version, press and drop probably work well.

Couldnt change the IFs we pack the middle and pretty much walk it into the goal

After a few games, defensively not very good....Lost all games, esp to bottom of the league teams...

Had a feeling this was the case, this is why I needed testers, see what I could improve. Feel it is weak to a long ball and crosses but that is every tactic.

It's a great tactic. My 3rd season in the prem as Peterborough and we are top and undefeated. Top of CL group too. Will post some ss at the end of the season.

It's a great tactic. My 3rd season in the prem as Peterborough and we are top and undefeated. Top of CL group too. Will post some ss at the end of the season.

Awesome to hear mate, still using those changes you did? That the only thing you did?

Ye LWB > IWB and left IF > W

Then the high line and offside trap against passing teams/deep and no offside trap against direct teams.

Only lost once all season and that was 2-1 away to Real Madrid in the CL which is better than I usually do.

**** near the bottom but ah well I've tried all the top 5 in that and haven't worked as well as this! But think people should still give this a go with maybe bens tweaks or putting the IFS to support

Ye LWB > IWB and left IF > W

Then the high line and offside trap against passing teams/deep and no offside trap against direct teams.

Only lost once all season and that was 2-1 away to Real Madrid in the CL which is better than I usually do.

I have a question, if i want to know what style of opposite team play(short pass or direct) where i can see it ?
sorry for my very bad english.