nillium

Reaction score
Now I know injuries are a common complaint as they can seriously affect a team but I have never had a big problem before. However, since 13.2.3 I have had ridiculous amounts of mid to long term injuries. This has included a player injured in training while lifting weights on a match day (when there is no training) and I've just had two players fracture arms in the same game.

I have pretty much had 1 serious injury a week for about 4 months and I have reduced training intensity and increased rest time. Pitch is good condition too.

Anyone else had this or am I extremely unlucky?

I had both keepers injured ( one long term ) whilst away on international duty. My 3rd keeper is 21 yrs old (1 star)

I have wondered this also but am unsure if it is just bad luck. I will play the next season and see what happens. This last season I have suffered several massive injuries such as at least three players getting torn hamstrings and one guy out 5 months with knee tendinitus.

I have noticed some spells of unrealistic match day injuries but overall my team seemed to have avoided it. However, I'm having real trouble with the torn hamstring, those things take months to heal and often recurr.

Last edited:
after the new patch released in mid september injuries are starting coming like crazy wtf?? and they are serious 6-7 weeks 3-4 months

I keep having this problem, had players playing allsorts of different positions because of it, had Allen, shelvey, borini and Lucas all out at the same time and Gerard suspended for 3 games aswell, with loads of Europa league and capital one cups in between, difficult with a small squad

I'm sure it is not bad luck as the same injuries keep happening. I now have 3 players out with fractured arms and have had quite a few consecutive hamstring injuries. Also seems strange that this has happened so much immediately after updating the game.

Shame cos the rest of the patch is very good.

1st game in the new patch 3 players got injured, consistent now, pretty much every game I get an injured player, seems he the same in all my saves, tackling isn't hard and closing down is normal.
RVP can't make two games without an injury now, selling him when he recovers from his latest spell on the sideline.

I'm sure it is not bad luck as the same injuries keep happening. I now have 3 players out with fractured arms and have had quite a few consecutive hamstring injuries. Also seems strange that this has happened so much immediately after updating the game.

Shame cos the rest of the patch is very good.

It is a shame, the patch is sooo much better, anyone who is remotely injury prone is dead to me in this game now.

I know have 4 players with fractured arms!!! This is becoming unplayable and I can't see SI fixing it any time soon. grr

Brace yourselves! Butthurt fanboys coming to defend SI as if they are paid to do it are coming!

There is certainly an increase in injuries occuring since the patch update from my own experience.

I have started a couple new games with this new update and I am 100% sure that there has to be a bug in the update! I have never had this many serious injuries. NEVER! I'm losing key pleyers left and right! This has to be fixed!!! The game has become totally unplayable!

This happened to me last night on an away game against Dynamo Moskow:

4th min: Demba Ba took a slight knock. Because He was down to 50 something% I replaced him with David Villa.
23rd min: David Villa injured. Switched to 4-5-1 with only Welbeck up front.
64th min: Welbeck got slightly injured, I had to keep him for the remaining of the game.

After the game: Ba out for 2 weeks, after He just recovered from a 2 months injury. Villa out for 5 to 8 weeks and Welbeck will be out for 5-8 days.

Really?????

For me injuries are great!

It's the only way to have all my 35 players squad playing! Rooney just had a 3 month injury and Welbeck is glad :D

its really annoying.. i hope theyll do something.
we need to send SI email or something..
also, theres alot of penalty..

I haven't yet seen this, played 2 seasons over the past 2 days ... I have only had a few niggle injuries and a big one to fierro which is expected over 2 seasons!

This is definitely back. I had problems with it when I bought the game just before christmas, and then a patch just after christmas fixed it, and now with this new update I've started 2-3 saves since to play around with new teams and had a silly amount of injuries in every one. Going back to my old saves I think...

Yeah injuries have drastically increased since the update for me.

Not just the amount of injuries but the seriousness of the injuries has increased tenfold.

In my old saves I would get 1-2 players have injuries that were over 4 weeks. In my new saves I'm getting 10-12 players a season with injuries that are between 2-3 months.

At one point I had six under 18's in my starting line-up due to injuries, so At least my wonderkids are getting a lot of game time :)

How's this for an injury list?

View attachment 316533

I literally cannot make a full XI without going into my youth squad for a centre-back, and I have two senior subs plus the reserve goalie. (*edit* Sorry, three, one of those players is not injured but serving a three-match ban.) The last two, maybe three games I have had three serious injuries each time. Pretty much all these injuries are month-long or more.

I'm speechless. I have no idea what I can be expected to do here. The last five games I have essentially been not playing Football Manager as anyone understands it, because playing Football Manager is primarily about selecting players and tactics, and I haven't been doing any of that because all I've been able to do is select whoever isn't injured. I know that there is a lot of randomness in this game and I've never complained about bugs before, but this is absolutely indefensible. This is my second save, and the first ended in much the same way.

This has basically broken my save because even after the bug is fixed, all I can really do is go on holiday until the season is over and we get relegated - we're 18th at the moment and there's no way the kids and the few players left on their feet are going to turn it around.

If SI are going to release patches without testing them they shouldn't let the game automatically update.