andrichbrand

Reaction score
14.3.1 442 The Man Utd Way by andrichbrand

So if you have been reading a lot of football news recently, you probably new Moyes was sacked....Now then you would also have read about "The Manchester United Way". After watching the start of the Giggs Era (for how ever long it will be...hopefully ever long), I started working on the sort of tactic Giggs started the game with and this is what I came up with.
View attachment 389575View attachment 389574View attachment 389573View attachment 389572View attachment 389571View attachment 389569

14.3.1 442 Back to Basics by andrichbrand:

Good day,
I have been playing for a while now with a 4231 formations as most of you know, but my real formation love is a 442. So I set out to make a great 442 formation. And this is what I came up with a deep 442.

Formation:
View attachment 395451

Get player in the right positions, as stated in the formation.

Set Pieces:
I have to give a big up to Jassar for his set pieces.

Results:
View attachment 395449View attachment 395447View attachment 395445View attachment 395444View attachment 395442

Results for other Users:
???

Player Filters:
sortitoutsi Player Role Filters

Team Talk:
Assistant Manager
or
As always, trust the best: Raikan007's Teamtalk Guide Fm14: How to get the right reaction!

Training and Match Prep:
View attachment 395440

Team cohesion and Tactic only (till fully gelled) 50%
Balanced and Team Work 30%

** I only try the one on top you are more than welcome to try different training and give your insight **

Pitch Size:
Max

Opposition Instructions:
Already set for you

Going Down a Player or Players:
Take off your DLF striker.

Skin I am Using:
Scorpio Omega

***Please do test or try and leave your comments***

and with hard work and your help, I can help my fellow FM players to find a good tactic.​

Last edited:
If only this tactic came sooner... I have just ragequit the game :p on topic: going to try it when my anger dropped haha, looks nice

Did you play your strongest line up in the loss? what position was the top scorer and assister? and how did the WM perform never managed to get them to work

If only this tactic came sooner... I have just ragequit the game :p on topic: going to try it when my anger dropped haha, looks nice
Thanks mate. It is going well with my team, so hopefully it will do the thing for your team.

Did you play your strongest line up in the loss? what position was the top scorer and assister? and how did the WM perform never managed to get them to work
View attachment 395433
Had one or two injuries, but still a decent team. Look at the goal scorer! :mad:

EDIT: This match I also tried a more direct game. But still no excuse.

Gonna test with Atletico, is the BWM the more attacking DM?

wow it's release, lets give a try, hopefully strong in back and front...
btw when i try the last one you give to me, i wonder if the striker role need to change, since the double SS and DLF in 4231 give better goal, but lets take a look first

wow it's release, lets give a try, hopefully strong in back and front...
btw when i try the last one you give to me, i wonder if the striker role need to change, since the double SS and DLF in 4231 give better goal, but lets take a look first
Thanks mate, hope you enjoy. As always as I play with the tactics, there will be tweaks and more releases.

if you could just tighten this up a bit at the back wit the thru ball that kills my fullbacks you would have the best tactic on the game hands down!!! i play counter away control at home just killing teams but want clean sheets if poss.

as i type the above 6-1 up at half time in champs league playing my b team

finished 6-2 :( never seem to score second half when winning well no matter what tactic?? but there half time sub was somebody called pele haha

if you could just tighten this up a bit at the back wit the thru ball that kills my fullbacks you would have the best tactic on the game hands down!!! i play counter away control at home just killing teams but want clean sheets if poss.
Thanks for the update, mate.

How are you playing with? And how do you concede your goals? What I am testing now is only having OI on the opponents goalkeeper and defenders. As the OI on the wingers and the forward (in my opinion) pulls the back 4 apart.