u using IF's, so i assume that is better to have left footed player on the right side and right footed on left, am i right m8?

It makes a slight difference. If the opportunity is there I would have left on the right and so on but I wouldn't choose a much worse player just based on their preferred foot.

little update: finished 4th (just) on goal difference, only ended up winning 5 times between middle of December to end of the season, ill strengthen the team then let you know how it goes

Wow. Sometimes long ruts without wins can be because the morale has dropped, it's a vicious trap and more than ever this year. Did you sign many players in the winter?

In my opinion this year of FM is the most heavily based on player quality and man management. Whereas before you could have a great tactic that could override player quality and you coul take a losing club and have an instant turnaround. I'm working on it though.

The FB's are very important to the attack of this formation. Usually the DM will drop into the back line as they push forward.

Yes, but in your tactic only one FB is on attack, the other is on auto, which is support on control mentality.

Yes, but in your tactic only one FB is on attack, the other is on auto, which is support on control mentality.

I found that it was more balanced. Although it is a support mentality if you look in the player instructions, the support full back is still instructed to get further forward and functions similarly to an attacking full back. Albeit more reserved in some situations. It's a similar scenario with the CM's.

The attack FB and the attack CM tend to get much better match ratings but I had more success with the auto pairing that all 4 attacking.

Yes, I noticed the balance, it's easier to keep a clean sheet with your tactic than most others on the forums.
If it wasn't for the usual FM bullshit where the AI clearly has a better chance conversion, it'd be unstoppable.

In game mentality tweaking.

Playing with the possession bar.

I find this very important to my consistent success. I judge games during the match and make according mentality switches.

In brief I will explain my method.

All games are started with the base downloadable tactic.

As the game unfolds I pay attention to the possession bar and to the score line to assess the situation.

First half.

The only tweak I will make in the first half is a switch to attacking mentality IF I am 2 goals down AND generally losing the possession battle.
The possession battle is important because control mentality is all about being in charge and having the ball. If you don't have it you need to make a switch to play without it and when a couple goals down attacking is the best way to play.

Second half
I always begin the second half with the base tactic once again as the team-talk and break can always change the flow.
If losing at the 55 minute mark by just one goal AND losing the possession battle I switch to attacking. (If I am winning the possession battle I don't make and changes yet as the control is doing it's job and I trust them to turn it around.)

If I am drawing at the 65th minute and not dominating possession (Equal or losing) I will make the attacking switch to search for the important victory. (I also bring push forward team talk in here)

If I am losing and winning the possession battle, I will finally turn to attacking. In attempt to shake the other team up. This is effective because both Auto players become attacking players and you will have 7 players now really putting pressure on the opponent.

If I am winning and winning the possession battle I will make no changes.

If I am winning the game by only 1 or 2 goals but am losing the possession battle at the 65th minute I switch the mentality to counter as this is another way of playing without the ball. It is quite sturdy way of stopping that late come back because if the opponent switches to attack which tends to happen around this time AND they have the ball we are in trouble.

If winning the game by just one goal and counter hasn't evened out the possession I will finally switch down to defensive to see the game out. This works very well in stifling the opponents attacks.

If you have made a switch and the scoreline changes you should react to that by switching to the position of this guide you are now in.

This method has turned around plenty of games for me.

I train the tactic with attacking in slot 2 and counter in slot 3 ONLY AFTER the base tactic is fully fluid.

This will be edited into the opening post.

Yes, I noticed the balance, it's easier to keep a clean sheet with your tactic than most others on the forums.
If it wasn't for the usual FM bullshit where the AI clearly has a better chance conversion, it'd be unstoppable.

Yeah chance conversion drives me crazy, the amount of times I see the opponent with 3 shots 1 on target and 1 goal is far too often. Whereas the human manager using any tactic needs 9 shots 4 on target for a good chance at a goal.

giving this a go , also with leicester, halfway through 1st season. was using conqueror but it just wasnt cutting it ....

anyway, 1st game beat stoke 4-0 , vardy hat trick :D

lets hope its the start of turning things around

might have to remove tackle harder from my individual settings, far too many cards

might have to remove tackle harder from my individual settings, far too many cards
s

You can if you like.

I use it as it tends to enable you to win the ball back quicker. With Leicester I constantly had Huth and Simpson having yellows every game. Not many reds though.

I tend to leave it and sub a yellow carded player if they look frustrated.

What if you're dominating possession but are clearly playing worse, the opposition the only ones creating chances?

giving this a go , also with leicester, halfway through 1st season. was using conqueror but it just wasnt cutting it ....

anyway, 1st game beat stoke 4-0 , vardy hat trick :D

lets hope its the start of turning things around

results so far

2vvkysz.jpg

results so far

2vvkysz.jpg

Very good results. It's the results like your Sunderland one I am working on. Maybe an attacking tweak in the front 3 I want to leave the CM's Dm, back 4 alone because it's defensively sound.

Edit to original post.

Training attacking movement when possible is very important in giving the team the best possible chance at victory.

Pre-Season

Team Cohesion - High

Match Tactics Only (Until Fluid)

Slider: Fully towards More Match training

During Season

Slider: Default

Balanced - Average

Match tactic - Attacking Movement

With the natural defensive stability of this tactic. I suggest match training switches to 'attack movement' as soon as the tactic is fluid. This is important it turning annoying undeserved draws into wins.

I've been using this tactic with Middlesbrough, and so far it's been pretty amazing.
7 Wins, 2 Draws, 0 Loses
19 Goals scored, 1 conceded.

Great tactic !

1st season with Leicester (16.3), finihed 3rd which is a very good result in my opinion. Vardy top scorer of the BPL (38 matchs / 37 goals), a record for Leicester and in the BPL. I took some players on loan to strengthen the squad but anyway great tactics !

Getting totally destroyed on set pieces using this tactic? but yet creating more shots on target.....

Won the Champions League in the 2nd season with Leicester with this tactic ! But strangely, many difficulties in BPL, finished 6st... To many draws... I should have switch the match tactic into Attacking movement instead of Defending, and maybe to many new players in the squad

Hi supermike.
I play fm touch on ipad and need to put in everything manuall. Can u post a screen on Team instructions and if any PI besides standard.
Thx m8