• Thread starter Thread starter Maximus94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 7K
May 2013

Results

1860 München 1 - 0 SC Paderborn 07
View attachment 369504
We completely dominated this match from the first whistle. 10 times more shots than them easily highlights this. Given the number of shots on goal, we probably should have put a few more in, still, after our run last month I'm more than happy to walk away with the 3 points.

VfL Bochum 1 - 1 1860 München
View attachment 369505
A tight match in which both sets of defenders really impressed. The match was very even so a draw was probably a fair result.

1. FC Union Berlin 2 - 2 1860 München
View attachment 369506
Our last match of the season, a win and the league was ours, anything else and our fate wasn't in our own hands. Unfortunately for us, for a second week in a row, the game was too close to call. Again, a draw was the only fair result for us both.

View attachment 369508
View attachment 369507
So close! For the first time in 4 months we lost our top spot as it was ripped from under us, on the one day the table matters most! And by goal difference too... Our poor run in cost us top place, however, other than pride and around 400,000 pounds, 2nd place was just as important, especially given where we were expected to finish. The important thing is we're going up!

Player of the Month

Christopher Schindler
View attachment 369509
2 man of the matches in 3 games was more than enough to ensure Christopher was our player of the month. Despite us letting through some goals, he played brilliantly.

Awards

View attachment 369510
4 of our players were selected in the the leagues Best XI. A proud moment for the club given that no other clubs had more than 1 player representing them.

View attachment 369511
None of our players were selected as one of the top 3 players in the league this season which I find hard to believe given that only 1 of them made the team of the year!

View attachment 369512
Lauth managed to finish 2nd in the golden boot award, finishing with 21 goals, same as 1st place (play more minutes).

View attachment 369513
I managed to take home the Manager of the Year award. I'm ecstatic given this has been my first run with a senior, professional squad.

Our Player Awards

Player of the Season

Kai Bulow
View attachment 369515
With an average rating of 7.6, Bulow has been outstanding this season! At the beginning I couldn't decide between our 4 CB's, but for some reason I had a feeling Kai was the right choice, so I have him his shot early on. He completely repaid me, and some more with his efforts this season. I'm very proud to have him at our club.

Young Player of the Season

Sebastian Maier
View attachment 369517
With a 7.05 average this season, 19 year old Seb has been outstanding given his age. Whether starting, or off the bench there have been few games that he didn't make an impact on. Especially off the bench, Seb turned the momentum in many matches our way. The media have touted him as the next Mesut Özil and if he keeps improving at the rate he has this season, I can certainly understand how they've made the connection.

Important Results Worldwide

View attachment 369518
Unfortunately, our arch rivals took home the German Cup after an amazing run from St. Pauli.

View attachment 369519
Bayern took home the league, and their 2nd trophy of the season.

View attachment 369520
Spurs narrowly edged the Europa League.

View attachment 369521
2 big spenders clashed in the final of the Champions League with Manchester City beating Real Madrid 2-0.

View attachment 369522
View attachment 369523

In an exclusive interview, kicker magazin go one on one with the most surprising success story in Germany football this season, Lars Schürrle.

Reporter: "First off, you were brought into the first team picture from the youth teams as an emergency replacement, do you feel that put more or less pressure on you?"

Schürrle: "I suppose the fact very few people knew me, and the fact no one, even the fans expected that much of me, took some of the pressure of my back. However, that only meant I heaped the pressure onto my own back, almost to compensate their lack of pressure I suppose."

Reporter: "The media expected you to finish around mid-table, did even you expect to end up 2nd in the league, and only by goal difference at the end of May?"

Schürrle: "I've been here for 7 years now, completed my coaching badges here. We've had the players to seriously push for promotion for a few years, but no manager, or back-room staff were really able to get the most out of the players. To answer your question, as I said at the start of the season, I knew we could gain promotion, did I expect it in my first season? No, I was planning to really push on in a year or two from now, but given how well we played at the start, we saw the opportunity present itself, so we jumped at it the best we could. Thankfully for us, it was enough at the end of May."

Reporter: "Finally, almost every pundit has put you as relegation favourites. Do you believe your team have what it takes to stay in the Bundesliga?"

Schürrle: "It's no secret we're the poorest club in the league, and have the lowest value squad, but dispite what those in Manchester, Madrid or Paris will tell you, money doesn't win you matches, scoring goals and keeping them out does. It's going to be the hardest challenge most of our players have faces, many of which haven't played at this level before, but if we believe, like be began to believe that we could win the title this year, I see no reason we can't finish 16th or higher this season."

Back