Really good tactic, playing as Juventus and have won everything but the CL (lost to Bayern in the semifinals on away goals..) Conceding like tops 20 goals a season and scoring **** of a lot, always a solid defense performance and always have around 55-65 % possesion. Only negative thing is that you sometimes can have a hardtime in the offensive part away from home. Those games usually end in a draw or a 1-0 or 0-1 victory/loss.

Good job mate! (I use the updated version)

Hi mate thanks for the feedback haven't been on for a while and i might have a look at improving this tactic thanks .

Will give this a bash.....

Playing a save with Southampton still in first season, all was going swimmingly with my own tactic which is similar but instead of using a sweeper i had an AMC in front of a DPL & CM and it was a counter version, so will try you version and report back as I am currently leaking goals for fun. Will have to try and discover a sweeper within my squad.

If you can shed any light on which Saints CB will be best fit at SW please let me know.

Good work, will report back later.

Playing a save with Southampton still in first season, all was going swimmingly with my own tactic which is similar but instead of using a sweeper i had an AMC in front of a DPL & CM and it was a counter version, so will try you version and report back as I am currently leaking goals for fun. Will have to try and discover a sweeper within my squad.

If you can shed any light on which Saints CB will be best fit at SW please let me know.

Good work, will report back later.

Forren & Fonte can play there.

Hi guys I have made an update fir this tactic which I will share soon . I have got Hartlepool promoted first season and currently in playoff spot for second promotion in a row . Also trying with Newcastle sitting in 2nd in league so far.

Ok guys this os taking longer than I tnought to tweak but im getting there . Will be worth the wait

ok all not long now just going to test new updated tactic a little more then will release :)

View attachment 372405
Hello all this is my new updated 5-3-2/3-5-2 Balboa Tactic.
What i have done is Tweaked my original one so i don't need to explain to much.
I've used this on Hartlepool getting them promoted in first season, currently using with southampton sitting in first place.

View attachment 372409
Pitch size - normal/medium
training handled buy assistant , match prep handled buy assistant.

Please don't expect to win everything and plug & play straight away. Give it time for players to get used to it.

some key points to this tactic to work well , you need good WB's , and a strong sweeper if your team doesn't have one train are DM to be one or of course buy one .

View attachment 372416
Download tactic =http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=7966

Last edited: