• Braga

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

cps100

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've recently bought FM14 (a bit late I know!) and am looking to start a long career and turn it into a story. I'm looking for some help on who to choose and have a few ideas in mind.

Please vote/comment who you would like to see
:)

PALERMO

View attachment 386582

Relegated to Serie B recently, the objective will be to get back to the top division and try to mix it with the big boys of Italian Football.

GLADBACH

View attachment 386577

5-times winners of the Bundesliga, though they haven't won it since 1976-77 and with a team full of potential they could be champions again in a few seasons.

DEPORTIVO DE LA CORUNA

View attachment 386574

Champions League Semi-Finalists in 2004 and league winners 4 years prior, they are now in the 2nd tier of Spain and need rebuilding.

LYON

View attachment 386571

They won Ligue 1 seven times in a row but have since slipped behind the moneybags of PSG and Monaco. Looking to get back to No.1 in France and even Europe.

VITESSE

View attachment 386568

Probably best known for their association with Chelsea FC, they have a great youth system and have never won the Eredivisie. Time for a change.

BRAGA

View attachment 386564

Portugal has been dominated by Porto, Benfica and Sporting. Simply, it's time to break the monopoly and start adding trophies.

OTHER!

??

If you have any other ideas I'll happily listen to suggestions!

THANKS!

Chose Lyon as i always used to be them back in the day when they were an unstoppable force in the french league as they had such awesome youth coming through.

Thanks for the votes so far! Please keep voting and then I'll get on with the story itself :)

Maybe Palermo would be a nice challenge.

Deportivo

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! It's close between Gladbach and Lyon atm, will decide on the team by tomorrow evening I think so get voting if you haven't already :D

AND THE WINNER IS...

Olympique Lyonnais

View attachment 385481
Thanks for all you votes! A narrow victory for the former French champions who I will look to reinstate as a force in Ligue 1 and Europe.

I will look to start the story tonight. If you have any tips or players to recommend please comment :)

View attachment 385149

View attachment 385153

Olympique Lyonnais - Club Overview

View attachment 385154View attachment 385155

So I take over one of the most famous clubs in France. 7-time winners of Ligue 1, with many other trophies despite no success in Europe which I hope to change. As you can see the facilities are great, especially the youth system, so plenty of talent should be coming through in the years to come.

Expectations and Title Odds

View attachment 385152View attachment 385156

The minimum aim is to qualify for the Euro Cup, which should be very do-able, however with ?0 for transfers and little wages there will be plenty of chances for the young players to impress. I've already promoted 2 players from the Reserves who are both 21 and should get some game time.

We're 4th favourites for the title, which is realistic as PSG and Monaco have crazy money to spend but I'm hoping we can pip Marseille to 3rd!

Best Players

View attachment 385158View attachment 385150View attachment 385157

The squad is fairly thin but packed with potential and I believe these 3 will have a big say in how our season goes. Gomis will hopefully score plenty of goals, Gourcuff is the creative midfield maestro and Umtiti is an unreal talent at just 19 and will be a first team player for a long time.

Transfers (so far)

View attachment 385151
Just the one so far due to the limited budget. I felt we needed a back-up striker with Gomis and youngster Benzia and got this guy on loan. I have since asked the board for more transfer budget and they gave me just under 1 million? so I'll just shove that to the wages!

Next update will be the Champions League qualification

Any idea how to change the title of the thread? Be must appreciated :)

If I were you I'd consider selling Gourcuff, a great player but when you don't have much money it's hard to justify nearly ?80k a week. Also I don't know how to change the title of the thread, been wanting to do that myself :p

If I were you I'd consider selling Gourcuff, a great player but when you don't have much money it's hard to justify nearly ?80k a week. Also I don't know how to change the title of the thread, been wanting to do that myself :p

Yeah good point, might see how good an offer I can get. Could probably get a few decents players from selling him! Any good replacements you'd recommend?

Yeah good point, might see how good an offer I can get. Could probably get a few decents players from selling him! Any good replacements you'd recommend?

Can't think of one off the top of my head, but I'm sure there'll be someone good who does't want that obsurd money, even if they cost a few million

View attachment 384754

Olympique Lyonnais

Champions Cup Best Placed Third Qualifying Round

1st Leg vs FC Nordsjaelland

View attachment 384742
A good first leg victory at home, though we completely dominated them and I was a little annoyed about the goal we conceded as it was their only shot on target.

2nd Leg vs FC Nordsjaelland

View attachment 384743
We fell behind to an early penalty but after that we dominated again as the stats show and Gomis grabbed a deserved Hat-Trick. I'm hoping he takes his goalscoring form into the season!

Next Round Draw

View attachment 384744
So all that stands between us and the Champions League Group Stage is Swiss club Grasshoppers. I'm pretty confident we can get past them and we really need to qualify!​

View attachment 383856
Olympique Lyonnais

August

Champions League vs Grasshoppers

View attachment 383854
View attachment 383855
A quick recap on these games - first leg we got a good solid victory and they scored their ONLY shot on target! Second leg we did a professional job and qualified for the Champions League Group Stages. Gomis already has 7 goals in the competition!

View attachment 383847
So after qualifying we got drawn against Benfica, Dortmund and Steaua. It's not the easiest group but equally not the hardest we could've got so hopefully we can sneak through. At least we should get 3rd and Europa League!

Ligue 1

Results

View attachment 383849
Only a few games this month due to the Champions League - a mixed bag probably best describes it. The tactic is still not fully fluid yet so I'm hoping that's the reason behind these results as we really should have won them all. We did also have a few suspensions at the beginning of the season including Umtiti for all of the above.

View attachment 383845
Not the best first league game for me, despite taking an early lead we couldn't kill them off and got punished late on with their only shot on target *sigh*.

View attachment 383846
A much better performance! We seem to always create chances but this time we put a few away and kept it tight at the back.

View attachment 383848
This game was ALL about Kone. He went from villain (their first goal) to hero (putting us 2-1 up) and then conceding a penalty to see us drop 2 points. One positive was Lacazette scoring again and he's looking BEAST.

League Table

View attachment 383850
So 6th at this early stage which isn't too bad, hopefully we can put a run together. Amazingly current holders PSG are down in 16th! Already I feel like there is a big opportunity for us if we can get things together.

All comments and feedback are welcome. How do you rate our chances this season? September Update coming soon.

Looking good man! Make sure you keep hold of Umtiti, I have him in 2016 for Southampton and everyone is after him. Im guessing you didnt sell Gourcuff?

Looking good man! Make sure you keep hold of Umtiti, I have him in 2016 for Southampton and everyone is after him. Im guessing you didnt sell Gourcuff?

Cheers mate, thanks for the feedback. Yeah I see him being a big part of our future! Will focus on the younger players for sure. No, I did think about it, I'm gonna see how we/he gets on upto January and then see what happens. Gomis is out of contract at the end of the season so might need to cut back on some wages to keep him.

Good choice of the club, keep updating mate, I'm gonna follow.

Cheers mate, thanks for the feedback. Yeah I see him being a big part of our future! Will focus on the younger players for sure. No, I did think about it, I'm gonna see how we/he gets on upto January and then see what happens. Gomis is out of contract at the end of the season so might need to cut back on some wages to keep him.

Yeah good idea man. Quick question the screenshots of the results, do you crop them yourself?