2 Islands / 5 Nations (A UK & Ireland Journeyman Save)

Transfer Update - January Sales

View attachment 394732
TRANSFER UPDATE

View attachment 394731

As hoped I was able to free up some wage budget by cancelling loan deals that I had, and by releasing a lot of fringe players. I managed to bring back one of the loan players, this time without having to pay any of the wages, a decent defender, and filled my squad with some experienced midfielders so that I can return to my narrow 4-1-3-2 formation that I love so much.

View attachment 394730 View attachment 394729 View attachment 394728

Here's the best of the rest from the transfer window. A lot of big sales going on, especially with the Italian clubs suddenly forking out massive amounts.

View attachment 394727 View attachment 394725

Overall a quiet transfer window for myself, but I got what I wanted, and as the next update will show it seemed to do the job.

Early Jan - Early Feb: An upsurge in form.

View attachment 394715

FIXTURE OVERVIEW:

View attachment 394714

What superb 5 weeks! Eventually lost but I did have to start with a lot of players on around 70% fitness but I'd have happily taken so many points before all these games. The turn in fortunes links in with the new players and formations so I'm very happy with the changes I made.

TAMWORTH 2 - 0 RUSHALL
(Wint, Sheridan)

A close game, but we beat Rushall who had knocked us out of the FA Trophy on the day I joined. Took our chances.

STALYBRIDGE 2 - 3 TAMWORTH
(O'Connor, St Louis, Miller)

High scoring win, as we almost throw away a 3 goal lead. Two of the new players score their first Tamworth goals.

TAMWORTH 1 - 0 GAINSBOROUGH
(Reindorf)

Very good performance. Should have won by more.

HEDNESFORD 0 - 1 TAMWORTH
(St Louis)

A very close game as we take the win through another important St Louis goal.

TAMWORTH 3 - 1 BOSTON
(St Louis, Wint, O'Connor)

Boston were 3rd before this game so this highlights how much the team has improved.

CORBY 1 - 1 TAMWORTH
(Clarke)

A point away at the leaders is a good result. Just about edged it but couldn't get a second.

WORKINGTON 2 - 1 TAMWORTH
(Bunce)

This game was postponed three times because of the pitch before it was played. Squad was shattered by this match and it showed, but the only defeat in over a month so I don't really mind.

TABLE:

View attachment 394713

What a change! We beat several of the teams around us and everyone else seems to be dropping points. We've shot up the league and only 4 points off the play offs and 9 off the top. Whilst a 9 point overhaul in 12 games might be too much I'm confident we'll get our chance in the playoffs.

PLAYER OF THE UPDATE:

View attachment 394709

Back in his young Norwich days.

View attachment 394712

It's Dominic St Louis, the young striker was in great form with 3 goals and 3 assists. Was a close decision between him and James O'Connor but the youngster is performing way above his skill level, and merited it.

SUMMARY:

So far in my 15 league games we have won 8, drew 5 and lost just 2. Really happy with these, and if we can turn a few more of these draws into wins it would be great.

Last edited:
Too bad about Ireland but maybe it's better to tackle England first. After reaching the top there you'll be able to walk into any job you like in the other leagues!