2 Tactic package: dominate, control and score lots of goals

miguelalves

Reaction score
Introduction

Hi,
For the last months I have been trying (like so many of us) to replicate Barcelona's tiki-taka. After long hours of reading and several experiences with other tactics that pretended the same, I have come to the conclusion that it's impossible. Why? For several reasons, starting that Barcelona in the same match uses several tactical options of FM 2013 at the same time. Example: Control but all out attack. First of all, you have to be able to set your team to keep passing the ball at opponent's half pitch and this is achieveable with an overcharge strategy, but doing this will leave your defence at the mercy of opponent counter-attack even if you set your defence line deeper.
Well, since this is not the thread to discuss this I will just present what I have come to...

Tactic

View attachment 314331
Both tactics are a 4-3-3 (FM calls it 4-5-1, some users 4-1-2-2-1). Tactic 29 is a Control-Fluid tactic, offers more possession but for sure players will score lots of goals; Tactic 38 is an all out attack-very fluid tactic, pretends to crush opponents but you will suffer also more goals. I use both playing the same match, usually start with 38 and at half-time switch to 29 if I'm not pleased with the score.

Results

View attachment 314335View attachment 314336

Classification (half-season)
View attachment 314339

Champions League (Group Stage)
View attachment 314340

Start the season in June in order to play several pre-season matches. It's VERY IMPORTANT prefered moves training, develop all aspects that enhances possession (play simple, likes one-twos, etc, etc).

Lectures
I prefered to give lectures to players, although I do not know the options in english. Collective Lectures: something like Assertive "I expect a win" and individual (both before the match) I have confidence.

Private Chat with player
One or two days after each match, private chat with each player... something like he's playing very well.

Opposition Instructions

All Players: Pressure Always and Weaker Foot
Do not try this tactics with lower league teams

v29_433dominador.tac (download tactic29)

v38_433dominador.tac (download tactic38)

Stats (Example)

View attachment 314341 View attachment 314342 View attachment 314343 View attachment 314346

Last edited:
Amazing !! good tactics !!!

i will to test but the link is breaked .. :(

edit : no it's ok finally .. sorry :)

Last edited:
Come on guys, don´t just read, give some feedback

Just played the 2nd game of 1st knock-out round of Champions League, after a 3-0 away victory take a look at the home match . Played with tactic38 until 60 minutes, than used tactic29 :)

View attachment 314380c
id
Some guy in a portuguese forum is testing both tactics, playing with Malaga... won 6-0 against Real Madrid :)

I'll start a new game with Boca and try it.
One question, pitch size?. And if you can elaborate more about PPMs used in your tactic I'll appreciate it.
Also what do you put on general/match training?

Last edited:
As for pitch size, I use large with FC Porto (large meaning that for FC Porto is the actual size), because at home team opponent tend to defend and play narrow, so the larger the pitch, more wider they will have to play.

As for training, I suggest to start the season in June. It will allow a good pre-season and lots of friendly matches. Start with:

General Training: Strenght - high intensity
As soon friendly matches start, Match Preparation maximum (50%) Tactics. When tactic bars are fulled or if match seasons starts before, change to:

General Training: Team Work - medium intensity
Game Preparation Training: attacking movement (30%)

VERY IMPORTANT: Prefered moves training: traning should focus on all aspects that enhances possession. Example: plays simple, likes one-twos, dictates tempo, etc, etc.... running with ball it's not a option for possession, if hou have players with this option they must be "untrained" :)

HI miguelalves,2 questions for you:1- why you starting the match with v38_433dominador.tac its very fluid(if i playing for swansea what tactic should i use):2 what the most valuable attributes for all positions?thanks...

I start matches using 38 at home, away matches I start with 29 but basically during a game I switch from one to another a fez times according to the match. Since 38 has the defence line all up it's dangerous against teams that uses counter-attack, to prevent this 29 has the defence line a little deeper and focus more on possesion (if you don't have the ball, you can't counter :) )

As for attributes, well central defenders it's easy right? :) Full backs should have good acceleration and pace, all players should have good passing, anticipation and also good mental atributtes. That's why I wrote these tactics are not to use with lower league teams. Medium teams should ok, as I have known another user in another forum tried both tactics with Malaga and won 6-0 against Real Madrid.
You should focus on training PPM's possession. Check this link, there's a good explanation
Player Preferred Moves | Football Manager 2013 Guide

How work this tactics with low lvl teams in inferior divisions?

That's a difficult one. Lower league teams rarely use a possession strategy, players simply do not have the skills to keep the ball.

simple it does not work you need very good player to try this

Not the excellence of players :), medium attributes will do. Notice that FC Porto does not have very good players in all positions, 4 or 5 very good players yes. And I didn't bought strong players

Not the excellence of players :), medium attributes will do. Notice that FC Porto does not have very good players in all positions, 4 or 5 very good players yes. And I didn't bought strong players

what i mean is your players that not the best but are still good are still better than my team put togther im not haveing a go at your tac just saying it help if you have good player

sooo iv been looking through your tactic and i have a few questions:

Why are the Cb set to roam from position?

Why do you have most players set to roam but with low creativity? <- seems counter productive?

sorry if you have already tested these issues :)

Nice tactic, 9 strait wins and 22 unbeaten with Spurs, i will up load at end of season - magic

whoops i should not have comment on your tactic because the rich tea biscuit does not like to be dunked:)

Last edited:
sooo iv been looking through your tactic and i have a few questions:

Why are the Cb set to roam from position?

Why do you have most players set to roam but with low creativity? <- seems counter productive?

sorry if you have already tested these issues :)

All players roam from position, that's movement :) the ideia is to pass the ball and move. As for the CB's it is simple: if FB's play by the line I want the cb's to move into channels, so they must roam from position to defend the fb's position. get it? :)

Roam and CF are not linked. CF is only about player making more risky options, so players can roam without making these risky passing options.

That's fine mate, glad you have questions :)

All of you guys testing this tactics, check Wasting Time in tactic29... if it's set to Sometimes, change bar all to the left (rarely)