• Start date
  • Replies 103
  • Views 15K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iNickStuff

Author's note:

After deleting both my Standard Liege and VfB Stuttgart stories due to what was to be a 'lost cause' and the death of the Premier League thread, I have decided to make this story as my last for Football Manager 2010. This may come towards some criticism, however, I am determined to make this as lively and enjoyable a read as possible, as I also use StuW's wonderful transfer update here.

As always, I will try to keep the reader interested in this story, but, should you not find this of interest, you are free to post your opinions (constructively) and tell me where to improve. Other than that, I hope you enjoy this story and keep your interest until the next installment of Sports Interactive's award-winning footballing management series that is Football Manager 2011.

Thank you.

iNickStuff

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

picture.php

picture.php

"The Premier League kicks off it's 19th season to date with an action-packed year ahead - reports BBC.co.uk"

T
he long-awaited new Premier League season has arrived with once-again the three new boys that will be under the cloud of the media's doubts once more as the big four, added with two new contenders for the title are the favourites for this year's crown. Last year's winners Chelsea had a successful year under Italian boss Carlo Ancelotti will now look to defend a title that was under the watchful eye of Alex Ferguson and a dominant Manchester United for three years running, with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Carlos Tevez and Wayne Rooney starring in the side three years running.

picture.php

Blackpool, who just about edged Welsh Championship side Cardiff City in the Playoffs final in what is football's biggest prize now return to the top flight for the first time since the early-1970's and are now predicted as the team to finish bottom of the table, similar to when Lancashire side Burnley did last season but still managed to not come bottom of the pile. Ian Holloway's sensational turnaround of Blackpool's season last year came under heavy praise, from both the media and fellow fans.

picture.php

West Bromwich Albion and Newcastle United join the Tangerines as the three new teams out of the other seventeen as both clubs return. The yo-yo team that is West Bromwich Albion, who were promoted last season, now look to break the name that they have been stuck with for the last five years for consecutively being promoted and relegated across the Premier League and Championship, mostly under now-unemployed Tony Mowbray.

picture.php

As for the 'big four' Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United, as usual are the top contenders for the crown but that may be broken with the prescence of a new-and-improved Tottenham Hotspur, guided under ex-Bournemouth player and Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp. The former Cherries man, who has managed Spurs before and jumping ships between White Hart Lane and Fratton Park, has now been able to bring the North London club into Europe and can now start planning for a title raid for the future seasons should they come successful this year.

picture.php

Manchester City, who instead qualified for Europa League, now have the chance to make their mark on the Premier League with their big-spending and new boss Roberto Mancini, who has been able to bring in big-money stars such as David Silva, Yaya Toure and Mario Balotelli. Those two clubs will be the biggest threats for Chelsea and Manchester United. As for Liverpool, the Reds will be relying on the new appointment of Roy Hodgson, who was able to make a once-relegation threatened Fulham into Europa League runners-up the season after just avoiding relegation. Rafa Benitez's departure from Anfield came with a mixed reaction, leading to his new start in Italy with Champions League holders Inter Milan, but now all eyes are on Hodgson to bring back a once-vengeful Liverpool up in Merseyside twenty years ago.

picture.php

All in all, the 2010-11 season is here and now it looks to be yet another great year in English football's top-flight.

BBC-sports

I saw in the story index you said you were managing "all" clubs? So have you added 20 managers or something? Excellent OP, by the way. :)

I saw in the story index you said you were managing "all" clubs? So have you added 20 managers or something? Excellent OP, by the way. :)

Yeah, I am managing all clubs and just controlling them to make the transfers, tactics and so and so, then posting all of the news available in the most interesting way. I tried this out before but couldn't get round it so thought that I would give it one last crack before FM11 came out.

And thanks :)

Sorry if I missed something but what exactly is this story about?
Very informative and detalied OP. You obviously put a lot of effort into it (Y)

Sorry if I missed something but what exactly is this story about?
Very informative and detalied OP. You obviously put a lot of effort into it (Y)

Basically, I control every team in the Premier League. I then do all transfers, tactics, the sackings and appointments of staff for every team, ranging from Arsenal to Wolves.

Every thing that is news from transfers to matches and to cup ties will be posted as news on to this thread as part of the story. Should I get past one season, the next three teams will then be controlled by me.

I control everything from every club and make it into as fun a story as I can.

And cheers. :)

Basically, I control every team in the Premier League. I then do all transfers, tactics, the sackings and appointments of staff for every team, ranging from Arsenal to Wolves.

Every thing that is news from transfers to matches and to cup ties will be posted as news on to this thread as part of the story. Should I get past one season, the next three teams will then be controlled by me.

I control everything from every club and make it into as fun a story as I can.

And cheers. :)

That is a fantastic idea,
however a lot of work and commitment.
I'll definetely follow.

Wow will have to put a lot
of effort into this will follow

picture.php

picture.php

Redknapp: "King can leave if he wants"

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has given recently-courted centre back Ledley King the opportunity to opt for a move away from White Hart Lane following rumours of Spanish outfit Valencia soon being ready to put in a bid for the player. Redknapp, who led Spurs to a spot in the Champions League following their finish in fourth place last season, just ahead of big-spending Manchester City, has said that he will not stand in the way of the club captain should he want a bigger challenge. King, who has recently gone through turbulent times following recurring injuries in his knees, is on the hitlist of Valencia and Unai Emery in La Liga.

Speaking in an interview prior to Tottenham's first friendly match of the season, Redknapp was quoted saying "Yes, there has been recent speculation surrounding King's future at the club, something I would not like to get in the way of his football but if the clubs that are wanting him make an offer that me and Ledley cannot refuse then there will be no choice but to allow him to leave. It's not something that I would do light-heartedly but, in these circumstances, I feel that he might want to not stay with us much longer and opt for a new challenge" He went on to say "Ledley is a great man of great character and I am sure he would not like to leave the club, but understands that these kinds of offers don't come around too often for people like him."

Following Spurs' thrasing of League One outfit Brighton and Hove Albion at the Withdean 6-1, a game of which King featured, was a mixed response from the travelling Lilywhite supporters. One said "It would be a big loss if he were to go to Spain but I can understand if he wanted to. I am sure that not only me, but a lot of the supporters would love him to stay but we must understand if he wants to leave. Valencia are a big club, bigger than us in some respects and he would enjoy playing for them." Another said "He shouldn't go. His future has and always will be with us, he's been at the club ever since he started his career and going to Valencia would be a mistake in my opinion. He's our captain, our leader of the team and we believe in him to be the person to be heart of our defence and the squad. Valencia would not give him the same love and respect as we do."

picture.php

King consoling a distraught Jamie O'Hara following their Carling Cup defeat to Manchester United.

Speculation has risen higher with the unveiling of William Gallas as the latest signing by Redknapp on a free transfer following his release of his contract from fellow rivals Arsenal, also coming with a mixed response, despite most of it being negative.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

picture.php

picture.php

Wantaway fullback Insua joins Birmingham on loan for six months

Promising Liverpool fullback Emiliano Insua has joined Birmingham City on loan for six months following his declaration to move away from Anfield in the near future. Insua, who joined the reds from Argentine giants Boca Juniors in 2008 following a loan spell in England, has claimed that he no longer wants to be in Merseyside and would rather see his future somewhere else. The news came as quite a shock to the Liverpool faithful as many thought that he would be in the starting line-up following Fabio Aurelio's transfer to Spain with La Liga outfit Atletico Madrid on a free transfer recently. Speculation is rising that it may be due to Benitez leaving the club and joining with Champions League holders Inter Milan in Italy and Roy Hodgson's appointment from Fulham.

Now a part of McLeish's plans to bring success to St. Andrews this season, Insua may well be looking for a permanent move to Birmingham, or even, joining Benitez at Inter. It will also come to the delight of Birmingham supporters, as they look to the new season with optimism with McLeish's excellent piece of business to, not only bring Insua to the club, but also buy now-former AS Nancy fullback Micheal Chretien to the Midlands on a £6million deal. No interview has been made with Insua yet, as he is now currently settling in to his temporary club, but it is rumoured that the young Argentine will feautre in Birmingham's next pre-season match, away to Scunthorpe United at Glanford Park.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Caicedo and Johnson join Fulham and West Brom on loan deals respectively, Mancini slammed for decisions

Former Inter Milan boss Roberto Mancini has been criticised by his fellow players following the recent loan transfers of Felipe Caicedo and Michael Johnson to Fulham and West Bromwich Albion for the rest of the 2010-11 season. The youngsters, who have a combined total of 53 appearances between them for the Citizens, will now be seeking fresh starts at their respective loan clubs after being unable to find room in the new-and-improved look of Manchester City, and their big-spending efforts to capture multiple trophies in the next few years.

Michael Johnson arrived in West London earlier today to join a press conference with the ex-Man City boss himself Mark Hughes in his unveiling of the capped England U-21 but with that has come criticism from former Arsenal forward Emmanuel Adebayor, expressing his amazement at Mancini's decision to allow young talent such as Johnson to leave on loan to Fulham.

Elsewhere, Caicedo arrived yesterday at the Hawthorns to meet his temporary boss Roberto di Matteo, an ex-Chelsea player, for his new settlings into the area of West Bromwich for the following season. That surprisingly came under the harsh words of new Valencia signing David Silva, also expressing his concern at Mancini's decision to allow the capped 20-year-old Ecuadorian forward to join the Baggies on loan, saying that it may backfire for City in him being more attached to his loan club than the club that he is fully contracted to.

More news to follow from BBC.co.uk/sport

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Coyle strengthens his Bolton side with younger loanees in Wilshere and O'Hara ahead of new Premier League season

Along with Mahamadou Diarra, Owen Coyle has pleased the Bolton faithful with the loan signings of Jack Wilshere and Jamie O'Hara from respective North London clubs Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur as the Scotsman looks to improve his squad ahead of his second campaign at the Reebok stadium. Coyle, who formerly managed now-Championship outfit Burnley before joining Bolton Wanderers mid-season last year, is now looking to make a force to be reckoned with in the Premier League with three new signings - all loanees.

The two England youngsters and Jamie O'Hara arrived in Manchester yesterday to meet their respective bosses and have found themselves being in the same line-up, despite playing originally for rivalled clubs. The 22 and 17 year olds respectively were brought in to the Reebok by Coyle but may be looking at more England call-ups in the future by Fabio Capello, if they can, one, find first-team football and two, play well enough in the England U-21's and U-18's respectively.

The other arrival in recently transfer-listed Mahamdou Diarra, brings a wealth of experience from playing amongst the world's most talented footballers in a loan spell that will span throughout the whole season. Diarra, who has played in the Greek, Dutch, French and Spanish leagues for four different clubs, now makes his appearances for his fifth club in his eleven-year career - his first time in English football. Known for his hard-tackling and determined mentality, the Malian defensive midfielder will surely be among O'Hara and Wilshere in what looks to be a strong, yet talented midfield for Bolton ahead of this season, who will also kick off their Premier League campaign away to new boys Blackpool at Bloomfield Road on 15th August.

Last edited:
Excellent stuff mate. :)

I'm following.

Status
Not open for further replies.