• Start date
  • Replies 136
  • Views 13K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iNickStuff

View attachment 35253

2010 FIFA World Cup is the official video game for the 2010 FIFA World Cup, published by EA Sports.
EA has confirmed all 199 nations that took part in 2010 FIFA World Cup qualfication will be included in the game. Withdrawn nations will not be included and Tuvalu will likely be replaced by Papua New Guinea. All stages are playable in all continents.

Visual

• More realistic looking pitches.
  • Lighting has improved to make game seem more real.
  • Camera flashes will appear when a player or opponent scores.
  • Seat cards have been added.
  • Fans will look realistic and show different emotions. For example: Fans will celebrate if their team scores and will be shown angry if the opposing team scores.
  • Like in previous World Cup games, confetti will rain down from above but now they will stay grounded.
  • Added streamers create a carnival atmosphere as they glide to the ground.
  • Players will be shown on the bench.
  • Game will mimic being broadcasted on television.
  • A close-up camera for celebrations has been added.
Gameplay

• New improved player on the AI.
  • Chest traps have improved.
  • The ability to let a ball drop over your shoulder and move off in the direction of ball travel. Great for preserving momentum with lofted through balls.
  • Defensive players will now clear an aerial ball rather than chest trap it when you are asking for a clearance.
  • Improvement in the "narrowing down the angle" logic so the keeper doesn't come out too soon and too far while making him vulnerable to the chip shot.
  • Ability to change the goalkeeper's save direction if there is a deflection.
  • Added variety to punching for the keeper, which results in punches sometimes not clearing the ball out of danger.
  • CPU will have better understanding of game context and solution. Improving tactics etc.
  • Manager will put on different players each game and make more realistic substitutions.
  • Teammates will now take more factors into account when looking for space inside the box when making a run for a cross to be delivered.
  • Improved marking for when the CB pushes up to the ball possessor when he shouldn't, leaving the team vulnerable to an easy through ball for 1 v 1 with the GK.
  • Improved the realism of where players strike the ball to give more off-center strikes leading to more swerve and variety in ball trajectory.
  • Changes to the chip shot to make it more challenging and also to improve the feel: more backspin equals better trajectory.
  • Added personality to crosses to allow skill players to put in more driven crosses into the box.
  • The amount of power you can get on backwards crosses and backwards lofted through balls has been lowered, forcing you to face the direction of the pass in order for it to succeed.
  • Ability to trigger a teammate run on a quick free kick.
  • The likelihood of the CPU scoring from FKs has been lowered to players who have the skill to score from to mirror real players.
  • Players at higher altitudes will start to fatigue easier for realism. Teams that play in higher altitudes will play better against visitors. For example: The likeliness of Bolivia defeating Argentina at home will be higher due to the altitude improvements.
  • Teams will play better at home. For example: Mexico will be hard to beat at Azteca Stadium or Northern Ireland at Windsor Park.
Content

• World Cup mode will be available online for PS3 and XBox 360 versions.
  • Battle of the Nations returns from UEFA Euro 2008.
  • On the Wii, an exclusive mode called "Zakumi's Dream Team" will be available.
(Off Wikipedia :p)

POST YOUR THOUGHTS :)

i want this so badly, but to be honest when the world cup is over do any of you guys still play this?

i want this so badly, but to be honest when the world cup is over do any of you guys still play this?

Yeah,I defo will.Looks flipping fantastic by the looks of it

oh my god, when is this released, I will save up now!

April 30th Worldwide if I read correctly.

It is slightly wrong to sell it as a full title. They should release like they did with GTA4 TBOGT

Some Screens:

PHP:
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILUJIYunxps&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILUJIYunxps&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

um....?

It is slightly wrong to sell it as a full title. They should release like they did with GTA4 TBOGT

Yeah,but it wouldn't be as fulfilling and enjoyable as the full game.FIFA 10 has a few flaws in it that need to be addressed in FIFA 11 and putting the World Cup video game as an add-on would not make it as enjoyable.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

If that's the game,I don't really like it as much anymore.I knew it was going to be cheezy but it looks too similar to FIFA 10 for my liking.

Yeah man! I still play Champions League 2006-2007! :p

EA have now lost the rights to the UCL, Konami have them.

the game looks nothing like FIFA 10, it looks worse, but EA have a while to improve it

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

I learnt to share when I was two...

..unfortunately

the game looks nothing like FIFA 10, it looks worse, but EA have a while to improve it

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

I learnt to share when I was two...

EA won't improve it.Even if they did they would be insignificant.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Plus,the game doesn't come out for another two-three months.

I guess, but it is 3 months before the game, it is very hard to believe the finished product game photos will be out so early

What console are those screens for?

It looks like Fifa 09 on PS2

Status
Not open for further replies.