xbox or ps3

• xbox

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • ps3

Votes: 53 51.5%

• Total voters

Raikan007

Reaction score
hey guys, i am in the process of deciding which console to get myself (this would be the 1st) i have always been a PC man, but times are changing and console gaming is the way to go at the moment (still got one **** of a beast of a PC at home, but its starting to feel the next gen games a bit) dont want to spend around R5500 (500quid) on a new Graphics card, would rather get myself a console at around R2500 (xbox) -R3900 (ps3)

XBOX would be the Elite of course and the PS3 would be the 250gb.
this would be played on my new 46" Full HD Samsung LCD..

I have been trying to find out the actual differances etc but to no avail, at the moment the only two differences I know is of course the Blu ray on Ps and that the PS3 games are only made at around 60% of full capability compared to the Xbox which are made at 100% (meaning that Ps3 games will be much better in 2 years time as there is still 40% odd that the developers can get out of the Ps3 console)

so i am asking which is the best to go for?? thanks guys!

The decision for me all came down to what consoles my friends have, and the majority had Xbox.

Ooh...I can feel a huge platform war coming right up. :p

XBOX 360 ANYDAY OF THE WEEK, i have got both and the PS3 is not as good as i thought it would be

Get The Xbox 360 Elite Or The New Xbox Kincect 4GB at £130 or get the better kinect at £199.

XBOX

XBOX 360 ANYDAY OF THE WEEK, i have got both and the PS3 is not as good as i thought it would be

Get The Xbox 360 Elite Or The New Xbox Kincect 4GB at £130 or get the better kinect at £199.

XBOX
why do you say that though?? what is the main difference between the two? why do you prefer xbox? ;)

because the graphics is so much better, but you have to pay 4 xbox live, and buy batterires

I think it all comes down to what your friends play. As there is **** all difference between the 2 really a few exclusives here and there dont make a lot of difference, really go for what ever your friends have, as playing online wiith mates is so much better then playing alone.( Ask curt)

there is no need to ask the question really.

PS3 is much better in almsot every department.

it has much better graphics. (see killzone 2, uncharted 2 etc), Much better exclusive games, much more developer support. many more high quality games due out, that are not possible on the xbox 360. (GT5 Killzone 3, LBP 2)

It has true 3D support, and as you have said built in blu ray player. Free online. and you dont have to pay for batteries.

PS3 has much more potential for improvement despite the games already being the best on the market.

Recently IGN announced the best 360 game is mass effect 2, which is out on the ps3 in january anyway. but the best ps3 games will never be on the xbox 360. God of war3 Killzone 2, Metal gear solid 4, little big planet, Mod nation racers, Heavy Rain ETC.

TBH you are better researching yourself, A lot of people will say xbox 360 just becuase of halo. and that they got the console before the ps3 came out. if you research your self ad disregard most of the blatant fan boy comments. (see above)

you will see the ps3 is much better.

some of the best upcoming games are.

GT5, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, The last guardian, Twisted Metal, Motorstorm apocolypse And Ratchet and clank all 4 one, amongsy many more and playstation move, None of which are available on the xbox 360.

Almost all of the upcoming xbox 360 games are or will be out on the ps3, excluding Halo reach, Gears of War 3, Fable 3, and a couple of others.

EDIT: you can also upgrade the HDD of the ps3 to any normal SATA 2.5" HDD so you will never run out of storage space.

a testament to the ps3s ability is that some third party devs, have to deliberately run games under their maximum quality on the ps3, to make them match their xbox 360 counterparts,

Last edited:
xbox 360 any day i have mates that have had xbox and gone to ps3 then back to xbox.

The new xbox looks pretty swish but tbh mate, just get what your friends have. The difference between the 2 of the consoles isn't massive and at the end of the day you're probably better off getting the one your friends have because you can enjoy it with them more :)

On a screen that big the ps3 would also have a big advantage, in the blu ray player. With a screen that big you would surely want to be able to watch movies in HD. so PS3 is the only choice.

keep em coming, also just to note, i do not intend to play online at all, the internet in this country is pretty expensive and sometimes slow and im more of the single player type anyway, all of my mates have xbox (well the ones that own consoles)

keep em coming, also just to note, i do not intend to play online at all, the internet in this country is pretty expensive and sometimes slow and im more of the single player type anyway, all of my mates have xbox (well the ones that own consoles)

if your not playng online, that takes away the only thing the xbox 360 does better.

Better off getting a PS3 then mate, and that's coming from someone who has an xbox.

If you are not going online, then most games will have quite a short lifespan, as the majority of the focus is put on the Online Multiplayer nowadays.

Also that rules out the cost of xbox Live, but means that the blu-ray player of the PS3 could become quite handy for you

Own a Wii, a PS3 and a 360. The PS3 is by far the most technologically superior going forward. Most of the big games are cross platform anyway and I really don't give a **** about network play as the games I like to play are off line and the few online that I've played aren't reliant on it (Grand Theft Auto IV, Demon's Souls). I actually prefer the PS3 network in terms of the userbase. Stand still on COD4 anywhere for 2 seconds to line up a shot and you get abused by 12 y/o "OMG CAMPER YOU SUCK IMA REPORT U GOING TO GET U BANNED U SUCK NOOB" after you headshot them.

There are very very few exclusives for both platforms. I can't think of any 360 game that didn't appear on PC (which is still the best platform for first person shooters and any network game IMO). PS3 seems to have a few genuine exclusives but even then they're a handful.

The ps3 for me edges it because it is a bluray player/media capabilities and the genuine exclusives I wanted to play. But it really depends on what you want to play and how you play.

Last edited:
well as winfield mentioned above, its not that i wont ever play online, i just prefer my single player games ;)
so far its Ps3 for me.... :D

Yeah I kind of get the feeling online play is getting pushed onto the gaming market as no-one wants to put an effort into making a plot/story. It's now kind of an afterthought like devs are saying we can't be arsed to develop a plot so here fight amongst yourselves