xbox 360 or ps3?

xbox or ps3

• xbox

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • ps3

Votes: 53 51.5%

• Total voters
If one of your reasons for getting a PS3 is the Blu-Ray player it might just be worth finding out how much a standalone Blu-Ray player costs and buy one of those as well as an XBox.

PS3 Exclusives
Demon's Souls, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo, God of War, Heavy Rain, Infamous, Joe Danger, Katamari Forever, Killzone, The Last Templar, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Motorstorm, PixelJunk Series, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Wipeout HD, etc...

keep em coming, also just to note, i do not intend to play online at all, the internet in this country is pretty expensive and sometimes slow and im more of the single player type anyway, all of my mates have xbox (well the ones that own consoles)

Are you living in South Africa?

If you are not going online, then most games will have quite a short lifespan, as the majority of the focus is put on the Online Multiplayer nowadays.

My online playing time on the PS3 consists of 5 races on GT5: Prologue, a few games of MGO, and 3 games of PES 2010. Each one of those games didn't have a short lifespan. ;)

PS3 because I want to beat the **** out of you at FIFA :p

If one of your reasons for getting a PS3 is the Blu-Ray player it might just be worth finding out how much a standalone Blu-Ray player costs and buy one of those as well as an XBox.

PS3 Exclusives
Demon's Souls, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo, God of War, Heavy Rain, Infamous, Joe Danger, Katamari Forever, Killzone, The Last Templar, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Motorstorm, PixelJunk Series, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Wipeout HD, etc...

Are you living in South Africa?

My online playing time on the PS3 consists of 5 races on GT5: Prologue, a few games of MGO, and 3 games of PES 2010. Each one of those games didn't have a short lifespan. ;)
I have priced the blu ray by itself, that is the one option yes, it is around R1999 here, which is like R500 (40 quid less than the elite xbox 360)

and yeah i live in Durban, South Africa :p i would be renting most of the single player games (regardless of which console i go for) but the Fifa's, NFL's, NBA's, PES (all my favourite sport games will be bought of course) ;)

theres no major difference. i have a ps3 because you cant get xbox live in china coz the payment system just doesnt go through, otherwise i'd have an xbox because i can get games for the xbox for 50p a piece. plus it's easier to recharge batteries for ps3. also the new slim is small and compatible but i got the old one because it was cheaper, the slim being a massive scam which somehow works, not like i'm moving my ps3 all the time anyhow.

all these people compalining about batteries for xbox. You can just get the play and charge kit (£10) and then u can recharge your batteries whenever they go flat

all these people compalining about batteries for xbox. You can just get the play and charge kit (£10) and then u can recharge your batteries whenever they go flat

ok i change my complaint to controllers are an extra 10 quid if you want as little hassle as that of a ps3 controller, good day sir. (A)

do ps3 controllers come with a recharge kit?

best way to explain:
The cheapest one is the **** one (XBOX 360)

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

do ps3 controllers come with a recharge kit?

no
to recharge it u just connected it to the ps3 via usb cable

This'll get the fanboys going Raikan. :p

Get the one your friends have. :) Both are similar and are equally good.

The only people who'd say PS3 are those who have already wasted money on it... sure it's okay for dvd playing (not as good as a stand-alone dvd player though)
x-box wins

Only idiots game on both of them though ... pc is best for gaming mate ... it is waaaay more responsive and many, many millions more people play on it. :p

best way to explain:

I get the feeling Raikan007 isn't going to be swayed by contributions like this, so on your way.

I have a 360, I got it for online gaming and never once thought I should of got a PS3 instead. However, I would like a PS3 one day but I don't feel the need to rush out and get one as I already have a blu-ray and it doesn't offer me anything other than a few exclusives I'd like to play.

They are both good consoles and have their advantages/disadvantages. You need to form your own opinion and listen to opinions of those you trust. Asking in here only brings out the scum of base unfortunately.

Whichever console you choose, happy gaming mate. :)

1) see what console most of your friends have. in my case it was the ps3.
2) if your looking for a good online experience, get the 360. less lag, and you have games like halo and gears of war. if you want a good single player experience get a ps3. there's games like lbp, god of war, and uncharted.
3) if your going to get a ps3 my suggestion is dont get the 250 gb model. what i did was i bought the 40gb model and swapped the hardrive with a 252 gb one which saved me some money.

1) see what console most of your friends have. in my case it was the ps3.
2) if your looking for a good online experience, get the 360. less lag, and you have games like halo and gears of war. if you want a good single player experience get a ps3. there's games like lbp, god of war, and uncharted.
3) if your going to get a ps3 my suggestion is dont get the 250 gb model. what i did was i bought the 40gb model and swapped the hardrive with a 252 gb one which saved me some money.

Where's your proof that there's less lag on the Xbox?

best way to explain:

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

no
to recharge it u just connected it to the ps3 via usb cable

do u get the lead to do that included when you buy the console?

woooo 400 post :D

just get rechargeable battieries thats what ive done :)
So get an Xbox 360

I've had both consoles, but the ps3 is a **** of a lot better than the 360

I've had both consoles, and personally I prefer the PS3 which I have now.

Reasons are:

I'm not a fan of online gaming and most my mates are on 360. Just don't like the set up of XBL; it costs money, the dashboard isn't as good as the old one imo, and there's too many idiots on microphones for my liking haha.

But when I do go online on the PS3 on the odd occasion, I can do so because I don't have to pay for a yearly/monthly subscription fee, which works for me.

One of my arguments for the PS3 was it comes with better features as standard, with a blu ray player and wireless built in, without the need to fork out for yet more extensions. The HDD's used to be bigger than the ones on 360 but now Microsoft have got their act together, the consoles pretty much match up in terms of features. And you can buy a blu-ray player for quite cheap nowadays.

Both consoles are pretty much the same now, thanks to the new 360 and I'd like to see what they are like for myself.

I'd shop around mate and look for the best deals. Also have a look at some reviews online, but whichever one you choose, happy gaming!

im quite surprised people still think the xbox 360 is even in the same league, oh well each to their own i suppose.

there are some good ps3 only games that put more emphasis's single player more than multiplayer. God of war 3, heavy rain, uncharted 1 and 2, infamous, MGS4, Valkriya chronicles and plenty more.

Last edited: