Which of the tactics would you use against a 4-1-2-2-1 (aka 433)? There are no AMC, WB or ML/MRs in a 41221

Do you have screen shots of your line ups please?
1st eleven.PNG

Good squad but how did you line up your Inter from the start?
Sorry I don't have a screenshot of my first season squad but basically Lautaro for Haaland, Perisic for Galan, Brozovic for Locatelli and Handanovic for Brazao

Kessy, awesome tactics. I don't like using multiple tactics. If I were to stick with one which would you advice?

Using just the AMC version in one slot. I like having one slot.

Magnificent so far with Chelsea.

Kessy, awesome tactics. I don't like using multiple tactics. If I were to stick with one which would you advice?
It's actually the same tactics mate...the only difference is what positions your wingers have to mark. Since they are really high up, that could leave you exposed on the flanks if they don't track the right positions. I would advise you to use all three for better results but if you want just one go for the troublemaker vs WB.

very good tactic again kessy! this is my season so far, cautious mentality used away to Bayern and RBL

Attachments

• 20210713112618_1.jpg
    20210713112618_1.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 393
  • 20210713112718_1.jpg
    20210713112718_1.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 438
won the league, lost cup final

Attachments

• 20210713120211_1.jpg
    20210713120211_1.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 20210713120243_1.jpg
    20210713120243_1.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 20210713120247_1.jpg
    20210713120247_1.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 204
Would this be a viable setup for "lesser" sides?

Or is it a system that is dependant on worldclass strikers and players in most positions?

took Fulham during 3rd season (moved from Rostock - took them from 3rd league to bundesleague)
We were placed 18th
and have to avoid relegation
We achieved the goal, but hte results were qiute controversial
we beat some lesser teams (like thrashing Norwich 5-1) but lost completely to big guns such as MU or Chelsea
so have to ask you how to improve the defence of underdogs, mate

Would this be a viable setup for "lesser" sides?

Or is it a system that is dependant on worldclass strikers and players in most positions?
I haven't personally tried with lesser sides but others have (Werder Bremen; see White Europe post) so I believe it works.

took Fulham during 3rd season (moved from Rostock - took them from 3rd league to bundesleague)
We were placed 18th
and have to avoid relegation
We achieved the goal, but hte results were qiute controversial
we beat some lesser teams (like thrashing Norwich 5-1) but lost completely to big guns such as MU or Chelsea
so have to ask you how to improve the defence of underdogs, mate
First of all, did you follow my instructions? like which version of the tactics to use depending on the opponent's formation? If you did then try the following:
-Lower the engagement line to create a more compact block (so say standard defensive line+ lower engagement line or standard line of engagement), remove the prevent short GK distribution and reduce your pressing intensity.
-instead of instructing your AMC to mark a position (which for all 3 versions is the opponent DM), make sure your AMC marks a specific player so he stays tighter with your opponent DM or deepest CM.
-use the pass into space instruction
You could use all of these concurrently or one at a time!

I haven't personally tried with lesser sides but others have (Werder Bremen; see White Europe post) so I believe it works.

Contemplating giving it a go with my Skeid team (originally a Norwegian second division side, but we have been promoted twice to the top division and have started to throw our hat into the champion mix now after 4 seasons up).

Need to try something new, and this shape and football its trying to replicate appeals massively to me.