Kaarto7

Reaction score
Anyone else had problems like this, and can tell me how they solved it? My team is constantly losing when we've got 30 shots to 5, starting to really bug me. Striker is high quality, can't score to save his life. Anyone who has had this tell me what they changed to score more efficiently?

Shots mean nothing. It doesn't say anything about the quality of the chance. Post up your tactics and we can take a look and possibly offer advice.

Anyone else had problems like this, and can tell me how they solved it? My team is constantly losing when we've got 30 shots to 5, starting to really bug me. Striker is high quality, can't score to save his life. Anyone who has had this tell me what they changed to score more efficiently?

I've had this problem, the way I fixed this problem was to drink more which made me care less.

I've had this problem, the way I fixed this problem was to drink more which made me care less.
At the same time, you also improved your tactics.

But your striker can put it in the back of the net if he is going to be called offside. If the whistle is not going to be blown, he shoots wide.

But your striker can put it in the back of the net if he is going to be called offside. If the whistle is not going to be blown, he shoots wide.
My striker(s) bury them regardless of whether they're offside or not.

Shots mean nothing. It doesn't say anything about the quality of the chance. Post up your tactics and we can take a look and possibly offer advice.

Will post up my tactics in 7 odd hours when I get back on FM.

You seem to believe it's all the tactics. I'm sorry, if I consistently create clear cut and half chances and strikers fail to score it's not my tactics. I've literally deleted a save because everytime I played, we'd win like 1-0 at home after making chance and after chance then draw or lose the next one away after once again creating chance after chance and it was literally like that for the first two or three games and I'd get bored and just quit till I had enough. The most frustrating thing was it started happening as my players got better, the problem wasn't there in the first two seasons.

You seem to believe it's all the tactics. I'm sorry, if I consistently create clear cut and half chances and strikers fail to score it's not my tactics. I've literally deleted a save because everytime I played, we'd win like 1-0 at home after making chance and after chance then draw or lose the next one away after once again creating chance after chance and it was literally like that for the first two or three games and I'd get bored and just quit till I had enough. The most frustrating thing was it started happening as my players got better, the problem wasn't there in the first two seasons.

Tactical flaws are the main reason for people failing to score/win games. That makes it a good place to start.

To a lesser extent, it could be motivational. A striker missing 2 sitters will have less confidence when the 3rd one comes around. Ask Torres what not scoring does to your confidence.

More than likely though it is tactical, but let me ask you this, are you having problems with all your strikers or one in particular? Personally, I have a problem with one striker only. He's young and inconsistent and he misses sitters almost every match.. I find that I have to play him in a different role and I constantly have to take pressure off him. I am also in the process of teaching him the Places Shots PPM so hopefully that helps. All my other front players do well though and they're scoring at a rate better than the best strikers IRL.

Last edited:
Tactical flaws are the main reason for people failing to score/win games. That makes it a good place to start.

To a lesser extent, it could be motivational. A striker missing 2 sitters will have less confidence when the 3rd one comes around. Ask Torres what not scoring does to your confidence.

More than likely though it is tactical, but let me ask you this, are you having problems with all your strikers or one in particular? Personally, I have a problem with one striker only. He's young and inconsistent and he misses sitters almost every match.. I find that I have to play him in a different role and I constantly have to take pressure off him. I am also in the process of teaching him the Places Shots PPM so hopefully that helps. All my other front players do well though and they're scoring at a rate better than the best strikers IRL.

Well it was the same tactic that won the League comfortably and the CL the year before.

And it's not just the strikers blowing chances, it was pretty much the entire team and we were winning most games, just less than convincing till around February where it started getting ridiculous and predictable.

Well it was the same tactic that won the League comfortably and the CL the year before.

And it's not just the strikers blowing chances, it was pretty much the entire team and we were winning most games, just less than convincing till around February where it started getting ridiculous and predictable.
Sounds like the old problem of teams being increasingly more defensive against you because you keep wiping the floor with them and you would have had an increase in rep too.

Feel free to post your tactics and a PKM or 2 of these predictable games.

Sounds like the old problem of teams being increasingly more defensive against you because you keep wiping the floor with them and you would have had an increase in rep too.

Feel free to post your tactics and a PKM or 2 of these predictable games.

Yeah they got more defensive but we still created decent chances and didn't score them. It's not like we passed the ball around for 90 mins and couldnt find any break throughs. And like I said before I literally deleted the save.

EDIT: I was 4th season in with Arsenal, teams were already playing defensively before

Last edited:
Yeah they got more defensive but we still created decent chances and didn't score them. It's not like we passed the ball around for 90 mins and couldnt find any break throughs. And like I said before I literally deleted the save.

EDIT: I was 4th season in with Arsenal, teams were already playing defensively before

What was different though? Different players? Any tactical changes?

What was different though? Different players? Any tactical changes?

Nope, same midfield and striker as the season before but i brought in Jese as cover for AMR position

31bHsJr.jpg

gfbs0yE.jpg

Don't have any individual player instructions with my tactic. Dominguez has Places shots Preferred move.

Don't have any individual player instructions with my tactic. Dominguez has Places shots Preferred move.
Are you having problems against every team or only the "weak" teams who are defensive?

Are you having problems against every team or only the "weak" teams who are defensive?

So far this season I've had problems with this against Stoke (15th), Newcastle (4th) and Tottenham (11th), so kind of a mix. My team is the caliber now that every team should be weak compared to us.

Nope, same midfield and striker as the season before but i brought in Jese as cover for AMR position
Then your tactic should still "work" the same way as before unless teams are lining up differently against you because of the Champions League win. If you have problems like that again, create a thread and you can get advice about it.

I'm wondering where you are creating gaps in the opposition, you seem very narrow, and you are very high up the pitch. Wondering where is the space.

My question of this tactic: what is the manner of goal scoring, who does, and how?