I'm wondering where you are creating gaps in the opposition, you seem very narrow, and you are very high up the pitch. Wondering where is the space.

My question of this tactic: what is the manner of goal scoring, who does, and how?

Any sort of analysis page for this stuff, or do you just want me to note how they are being scored when I'm watching the highlights of my matches?

No idea's?
Patience! Needed to get my thoughts together and take time to really look at your tactic.

It's not massively flawed, but there are issues. Firstly, I'm surprised you're getting 30 shots off. I'd take a guess and say most of them are from the edge of the area.

Why have you instructed the team to Retain Possession? It is having the opposite effect.

- The team is disjointed. They're prioritising on keeping possession, when there are spaces to be exploited as soon as you win the ball and the opposition defenders are out of place. Instead, the team keeps possession and the opposition fall back.

- When your team builds from the back, they're focusing on keeping possession. That means neat little passes between the Anchor Man, DLP and AP. No-one really moves too much, so if the opposition also has 3 midfielders, you're going to struggle.

- Lets say they are successful in playing the neat passes between themselves. All they're doing is bringing the opposition midfield line closer to the D-Line and eliminating crucial space between the lines.

- The central 3 don't really have an "out ball" wide, because the two CWBs bomb upfield all the time.

- In normal possession, you only really have the AF/A trying to find space in the box. No-one else is a constant threat. The IF/S and AM/S do make the occassional run, but it doesn't happen often. Mostly it's the AF/A vs 2-3 defenders. It won't work.

- At times, the AP/A will look dangerous on the dribble but he will have no-one to pick out ahead of him, except the AF/A with 2-3 defenders around him.

+ The team looks good on the counter, because mentality is maxed out then. Unfortunately for you, if most/all teams are now weaker than you, that means you won't get many (any?) counter attacking chances.

I'd recommend 2 simple changes:

1 - Change the inside forward to an attack duty, so that he's a threat in the box. You could try the AM/S to an AM/A instead, but the IF should be better.

2 - Remove Retain Possession. It's harming you much more than it's helping.

Optional: Change to a Rigid philosophy. Your Attacking duties will have an even higher mentality under Balanced. That means your CWB bomb forward a little too much and your AP/A is utterly un-involved in defending in the midfield.

Any sort of analysis page for this stuff, or do you just want me to note how they are being scored when I'm watching the highlights of my matches?
No offence here, but you should know these things when creating your tactic in the first place. You should know who will likely be the scorers and how they could come.

Secondly, you should have been able to see this already from the matches you've played!

How much do you really watch of a match?

Patience! Needed to get my thoughts together and take time to really look at your tactic.

It's not massively flawed, but there are issues. Firstly, I'm surprised you're getting 30 shots off. I'd take a guess and say most of them are from the edge of the area.

Why have you instructed the team to Retain Possession? It is having the opposite effect.

- The team is disjointed. They're prioritising on keeping possession, when there are spaces to be exploited as soon as you win the ball and the opposition defenders are out of place. Instead, the team keeps possession and the opposition fall back.

- When your team builds from the back, they're focusing on keeping possession. That means neat little passes between the Anchor Man, DLP and AP. No-one really moves too much, so if the opposition also has 3 midfielders, you're going to struggle.

- Lets say they are successful in playing the neat passes between themselves. All they're doing is bringing the opposition midfield line closer to the D-Line and eliminating crucial space between the lines.

- The central 3 don't really have an "out ball" wide, because the two CWBs bomb upfield all the time.

- In normal possession, you only really have the AF/A trying to find space in the box. No-one else is a constant threat. The IF/S and AM/S do make the occassional run, but it doesn't happen often. Mostly it's the AF/A vs 2-3 defenders. It won't work.

- At times, the AP/A will look dangerous on the dribble but he will have no-one to pick out ahead of him, except the AF/A with 2-3 defenders around him.

+ The team looks good on the counter, because mentality is maxed out then. Unfortunately for you, if most/all teams are now weaker than you, that means you won't get many (any?) counter attacking chances.

I'd recommend 2 simple changes:

1 - Change the inside forward to an attack duty, so that he's a threat in the box. You could try the AM/S to an AM/A instead, but the IF should be better.

2 - Remove Retain Possession. It's harming you much more than it's helping.

Optional: Change to a Rigid philosophy. Your Attacking duties will have an even higher mentality under Balanced. That means your CWB bomb forward a little too much and your AP/A is utterly un-involved in defending in the midfield.

Will do your suggestions. Getting 30 shots off simply because my players are world class, no other reason. Thanks for the help.

No offence here, but you should know these things when creating your tactic in the first place. You should know who will likely be the scorers and how they could come.

Secondly, you should have been able to see this already from the matches you've played!

How much do you really watch of a match?

I made my tactic when I first got the game with no idea what I was doing, haven't bothered trying to learn and fix it up until now, simply because I'm trundling along fine by virtue of having the best players in the world.

I watch the Key Highlights.

I made my tactic when I first got the game with no idea what I was doing, haven't bothered trying to learn and fix it up until now, simply because I'm trundling along fine by virtue of having the best players in the world.

I watch the Key Highlights.
That's the problem with watching Key Highlights. All you're going to see are Clear Cut Chances really and they will largely come from your team counter attacking. You won't see any of the points I mentioned.

Will do your suggestions. Getting 30 shots off simply because my players are world class, no other reason. Thanks for the help.
No problem and if you still have questions, shoot. Keep in mind that it won't be a plug and play tactic. Some games will go against you. Teams line up in different formations against you so pose different threats and have different defensive strengths.

Should you never use retain possession unless your're using the counter strategy then?

What would be better roles for the midfielders so theres more movement?

Should you never use retain possession unless your're using the counter strategy then?

What would be better roles for the midfielders so theres more movement?
What? That's not what I said at all? You should retain possession if possession is the priority, not goals. That also means setting your tactic up for it.

There are plenty of combinations. Look here: Pairs & Combinations: The Complete Series

The combination of roles weren't that bad. It's the combination + Retain Possession and not enough other passing options. Removing retain possession would fix a lot of his problems.

What? That's not what I said at all? You should retain possession if possession is the priority, not goals. That also means setting your tactic up for it.

There are plenty of combinations. Look here: Pairs & Combinations: The Complete Series

The combination of roles weren't that bad. It's the combination + Retain Possession and not enough other passing options. Removing retain possession would fix a lot of his problems.

What if you're trying to set you team up to play possession football but look to play in through balls when you get an opening?

Btw, these are genuine questions, just trying to get a better understanding of how it works.

What if you're trying to set you team up to play possession football but look to play in through balls when you get an opening?

Btw, these are genuine questions, just trying to get a better understanding of how it works.
Try something like Retain Possession and Pass Into Space, but again, how you set up your formation and roles will be crucial to how well it works.

I can't recommend watching the game yourself enough. The issues I spotted with Kaarto's tactic, I saw from watching 10 minutes of an in-game match. Of course I knew some of the issues beforehand, but watching it highlighted everything clearly.

Try something like Retain Possession and Pass Into Space, but again, how you set up your formation and roles will be crucial to how well it works.

I can't recommend watching the game yourself enough. The issues I spotted with Kaarto's tactic, I saw from watching 10 minutes of an in-game match. Of course I knew some of the issues beforehand, but watching it highlighted everything clearly.

I've had a few losses since I changed my tactics, so I decided to watch a bit of the match in full. When I go forward, my side is passing well, then out of nowhere, they will spray a random long pass to the opposition for no reason, and that's mainly how I lose possession. Is this just hows the ME shows losing possession, or should I add some extra instructions like 'Shorter Passing' so my team can stop stupidly losing the ball?

I've had a few losses since I changed my tactics, so I decided to watch a bit of the match in full. When I go forward, my side is passing well, then out of nowhere, they will spray a random long pass to the opposition for no reason, and that's mainly how I lose possession. Is this just hows the ME shows losing possession, or should I add some extra instructions like 'Shorter Passing' so my team can stop stupidly losing the ball?
The ME won't show something random just to try and show that you lost possession.

Who is the player making these passes? It's one of the playmakers, right? My money is on the AP/A. Playmakers are given more freedom to do what they want. They also have passing on Mixed, meaning they can play long or short passes. Two things. Firstly, does he have other, better passing options? Second, how good is his passing skills, creativity and decisions? In other words, how good is he in performing his assigned role?

Also, it might help to upload screenshot of certain passages of play that you're struggling to understand. A PKM would do as well, with a time of when it happens.

In the games you lost, do you know why you lost? Did you go back to try and see why?

You're certainly getting the chances. I just wonder if they're rushed and what the quality of those chances were.

This is what I mean. I start playing, get these 3 games in a row and now I don't want to play anymore.
I'd ask the same thing. Rushed? Not good enough quality? Stats tell us little. Not all CCCs are CCCs (the game can improve here) and some CCCs are better than others, obviously. Can you upload 1 or all 3 of those PKMs and post what tactics you use?

I've had a similar issue in the past with some strikers. What I done was dropped the player in question out of the matchday squad completely and then put him on the bench for the third. If your chosen replacement striker then doesn't start scoring goals (or playing really really well because whats the point not playing him if hes scoring), put the striker who wasn't originally scoring back on to start the match. Usually he will then pick up and start scoring alot more.

Other alternatives that I've tried are to play a game against a really really poor team (somebody you wouldnt normally be able to play against) and he should start scoring alot more as he will get alot of confidence from that game.

hope it helps :)