3421 Possession, goals and beautiful football.

Mr Green

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

This is my first crack at uploading a tactic so please be gentle ^^), this tactic has took me the best part of 5 seasons to get how I want it.

I wanted the team to want to get the ball down and play, with as many people in the opposition half as possible available for short passes, it makes it a lot easier to carve teams open in my opinion, it also helps with the relentless press if more people are high up the pitch.

The tactic does have set piece exploits set up although they only contribute a small portion of the goals, the RPM takes both corners and the LM takes left side throws, RM takes the right side.

In terms of specific PI's, I recommend adding shoot less to the RPM and the BWM as they tend to get a lot of room and end up shooting from all sorts of distances, I use De Bruyne as the RPM so have left this for now.

SK - The usual, has to be able to distribute well but also the usual... goalkeeping.

CD - Ideally right foot on right side and left on left, have to be great defenders, with some passing ability ideally 12+
L - Good defender, even better midfielder, needs to be able to bring the ball out comfortably, passing and composure 15+

WM - Right side = right foot and left side = left foot. These guys provide all width, have to be great crosser, good finishing helps too as they steal in at the back post quite regularly for tap-ins.

BWM - Sits slightly deeper than the midfield, usually picking the ball up off the Libero, passing/vision/composure/tackling essential.

RPM - Think... KDB

AM - I pondered a few roles for this position, settled on old school! AM's will provide lots of goals and assists, think Dele Alli.

AF - Finishing, composure, off the ball, anticipation. This guy will get you a LOT of goals.

Tests done

Real Betis - 2nd in first season, won everything after that for 3 seasons.

Man City - left Betis, took City job, won everything first season there except Carabao as played u23's.

Thank you for reading, I hope this works for you as it has done for me, if it doesn't well I appreciate the feedback.

Mr Green.

I apologise, the layout could probably be neater!

Looks interesting. Would you play wing backs or attacking wingers as the wide midfielders?

Against tougher opposition I've used wing backs, but keeping them in the same position.
I usually use attacking wingers, they get quite a lot of chances.

Of course, this is for the current season at Man City, I'm unsure where to get from previous seasons from?

(Incoming hate for having a great team :'()

View attachment 17667

Of course, this is for the current season at Man City, I'm unsure where to get from previous seasons from?

(Incoming hate for having a great team :'()

View attachment 1199716
nice, how much goals does your striker usually get in the league?
also do you leave training and oi to the AM?
sorry for asking so much questions haha

Training done by AM - I usually get Phillip Laux in as my AM, on pretty much every game I can get him.

OI - none, I let the opposition worry about me (H)

Goals for the striker - Arp got 22 in 30, Jesus got 8 in 12 (Jesus played as AMC sometimes)

Arp got 14 assists too!

No problem!

Last edited:
Training done by AM - I usually get Phillip Laux in as my AM, on pretty much every game I can get him.

OI - none, I let the opposition worry about me (H)

Goals for the striker - Arp got 22 in 30, Jesus got 8 in 12 (Jesus played as AMC sometimes)

Arp got 14 assists too!

No problem!
thanks brother!

this tactic works with other team ? or only big team ?

I developed it using Real Betis/Hispalis, who are a mid-top team.

I have dominated with City.

Honestly I am unsure if it would work with a lower team, it needs time to develop, it needs the right players to make it work.

Sorry!

Did a holiday test with Wolves and this tactic definitely has potential for midtable teams as well. Might need to set up a more counter-attacking version for big games but with plug and play we did beat City, United, Spurs and drew against City and Chelsea. Averaged 62% possession across the season, second best was Tottenham with 56% so if you're looking for a possession tactic, give this a try.

View attachment 17658 View attachment 17660

View attachment 17657 View attachment 17659

Did a holiday test with Wolves and this tactic definitely has potential for midtable teams as well. Might need to set up a more counter-attacking version for big games but with plug and play we did beat City, United, Spurs and drew against City and Chelsea. Averaged 62% possession across the season, second best was Tottenham with 56% so if you're looking for a possession tactic, give this a try.

View attachment 1199725 View attachment 1199723

View attachment 1199726 View attachment 1199724

I'm happy with that!

Thanks Fribbe, I'll probably start a new game soon with a lower end team, see what I can muster up!

Having looked at that team, I think I would have played it slightly differently.

Are you playing 19.3?

I might run a Wolves holiday test myself and see what comes up.

Having looked at that team, I think I would have played it slightly differently.

Are you playing 19.3?

I might run a Wolves holiday test myself and see what comes up.

Latest game version but old database (not winter transfers). How would you set up the team?