CELTICBHOYS

Reaction score
View attachment 349564

I have finally created a tactic that I have stuck with and will continue to develop and stick with from now on, it has helped me be unbeaten so far and keeping possession of the ball extremely well. I would like to show you some of the things I put together for this to work.

View attachment 349563
Here is the formation, originally I played Overload in pre-season but lost 2 games, so tweaked it a little and went with Attacking instead and haven't turned back since. I am going to start testing the Overload version in home games only and Attacking in away games to see how that goes.

View attachment 349562
The first game I started using the Attacking version was against Hannover in my final friendly before Alan Tates Testimonial game vs Swansea, this game against Hannover tells a lot of stories, first of all we dominated attempts at goal (31) in total which is extreme and the opposition had 1 shot in the whole game which tells us the defensive area is tight. We had 70% possession of the ball which was great, we completed 90% of our passes which is delightful and finished with an average rating above 8.00 which is even better.

One thing I remember in this game was Juan Mata's goal, we had a free kick from our own area which David de Gea took, we made 23 passes in total before Juan Mata scored a placed shot which was great, I couldn't believe how well we passed the ball around.

View attachment 349561
This is the last game I have played so far where we won 3 - 0 and again, dominated on attempts at goal, dominated in possession, obviously not as great as the Hannover win but all in all we played extremely well. We stopped Aston Villa from having any clear cut opportunities or even half chances.

View attachment 349559
This only looks at our last 5 games, but from our last 5 games we have scored 13 goals and conceded 4, scoring every 35 minutes on average.

View attachment 349557
Here are my results so far using this tactic 4-1-1-3-1.

If anyone would like to Test this tactic out with Barcelona or Real Madrid and do a Story on it that would be great! I will upload the Tactic for you to download.

View attachment 349556

Updated Tactic Below

ATTACK VERY RIGID (AWAY)

View attachment 343442

Updated Tactic Below

ATTACK VERY FLUID (HOME)

View attachment 343349

New Fluid 4-1-1-3-1

View attachment 341531
I shook the formation up a bit, making it more systematic and more square to enable easier passing between the lines.

VS West Ham - Old Trafford

View attachment 341530
Within the first 18 minutes, 4 goals, absolutely amazing football.

View attachment 341529
End of the game, everyone played their part in a beautiful game of football.

Download View attachment 341528

Last edited:
Training

View attachment 349515
I usually have Team Cohesion and Teamwork throughout the season, but if we are playing a home game I sometimes switch Teamwork to Attacking Movement.

Player Training : Each month I ask assistant to recommend training setting on individual and leave that at Average intensity, which gives the players a medium training intensity all together with this setting on 30% Match Training and Rest Before Game.

Throughout Pre-Season I set General Training to Tactics and Match Training Tactics Only and switch intensity to High, also set Pre-Season length the longest to reach maximum and play as many friendlies as possible, 3 day gaps.

First full season using it and granted i'm United but 21 games gone in the league won 20 and lost 1. Striker probably doesn't score enough imo but that's the case with plenty of tactics on this years FM.

First full season using it and granted i'm United but 21 games gone in the league won 20 and lost 1. Striker probably doesn't score enough imo but that's the case with plenty of tactics on this years FM.

If the striker doesn't score then it's only more realistic given the rise in scoring wingers :p

Why the stopper/cover defensive duo and a offside trap? Surely these contradict each other?

Edit: Sorry not contradict, but are counter productive?

Last edited:
Well when you put opposites they seem to work well together as counter acting each other, so one moment they will do one thing and the other moment they will do that exact opposite, remember, this is not real, it's a program that can be manipulated in many ways and I am hoping this is one of them ways haha.

4-1-1-3-1 unbeaten tiki-taka- individual training

hi buddy, excellent tactic by the way i am currently using it with Liverpool and doing very well with it
please can you clarify when you say once a month you ask your assistant manager to set individual training on your players,
how long do you leave the individual training going for in that month ?
do you just ask him to change it once a month for the whole month ?

On the 1st of each month when I get my training report, I go to Individual Training on First Team then Reserve Team and Youth Team and ask assistant to set Individual Training on the players, I leave them training at an Average Intensity unless they become unhappy with the workload, then I change it to Light on the unhappy players, but they soon change from unhappy to normal.

Yes, so they focus on the training set by my assistant for the whole month, until the next month where I will ask him again, seems to work really well. I am still unbeaten, currently at 12/03/2015 now too.

You can change the roles of the players depending on what is their best role, that is why it is different as when I play Danny Welbeck he is best played as AF and Van Persie was best as a CF whereas Rooney is best as a False Nine.

Mostly ask assistant, sometimes don't bother with them against weaker teams.

I tested this tactic with Argentina in the 2014 World Cup. I was able to win the World Cup beating France 3-1 in the Final!

View attachment 346813 View attachment 346812 View attachment 346811 View attachment 346810

Here's how I lined up:

View attachment 346809

The only change I made was moving the DMC position to DMCL as I was finding that the DMC and MCR were playing too close together on the avg position heat map. This change fixed that issue.

Here are the match stats:

View attachment 346807 View attachment 346806 View attachment 346805 View attachment 346804

View attachment 346803 View attachment 346802 View attachment 346801

The first 2 games I was trying to get a feel for where to play Messi, Aguero and Higuain. The game vs Nigeria is where I settled on the line-up above including the DMCL change. Seemed like it all clicked from there. The only issue I had was defensively. A lot of AI balls over the top and through balls.