94% tackles won against Nigeria, good going! Keep me posted on any other nations/clubs you manage. Looks good.

The striker in the image on the opening page is a complete forward but in the tactic is an advanced forward?

The Tactic had Advanced forward because I was playing Danny Welbeck, he is an Advanced Forward (best role). You can change roles, doesn't really affect the tactic.

I tested this tactic with Argentina in the 2014 World Cup. I was able to win the World Cup beating France 3-1 in the Final!

View attachment 664928 View attachment 664929 View attachment 664930 View attachment 664931

Here's how I lined up:

View attachment 664934

The only change I made was moving the DMC position to DMCL as I was finding that the DMC and MCR were playing too close together on the avg position heat map. This change fixed that issue.

Here are the match stats:

View attachment 664936 View attachment 664937 View attachment 664939 View attachment 664942

View attachment 664944 View attachment 664947 View attachment 664948

The first 2 games I was trying to get a feel for where to play Messi, Aguero and Higuain. The game vs Nigeria is where I settled on the line-up above including the DMCL change. Seemed like it all clicked from there. The only issue I had was defensively. A lot of AI balls over the top and through balls.

Tempted to try this, did you use OI's in the end? And anything else worth noting apart from change of DM position?

Tempted to try this, did you use OI's in the end? And anything else worth noting apart from change of DM position?

I left OI's to AssMan in every game. This was of course before I read about author only using OI's in hard matches.

Been using this Tactic for half of season, I noticed good Possession and sometimes Good chances, But Always the second half is the worse of this Tactic conceding goals and playing terrible.

Been using this Tactic for half of season, I noticed good Possession and sometimes Good chances, But Always the second half is the worse of this Tactic conceding goals and playing terrible.

im 100% sure it's not the tactic's fault for your 2nd half woes.

team instructions

Can you show a full list of the team instructions please

Just beat Liverpool Away 3 - 0, on an impressive start to the season.

Going to try this, did Zaha end up being the best choice for an IF compared to Januzaj and others? Also curious about Pogba? Gather he was the best signing for the position?

At the moment I am playing Mata on Left IF and Januzaj on right IF with Rooney behind Welbeck, unusual I know, but working well, switch it at half-time with Rooney going up front as False Nine and Mata going behind as Trequartista, then bring Zaha on as IF on the left.

Zaha was good last season assisting really well and most of my assists seem to come from the left with Shaw and Zaha/Mata combining really well. Scoring so many goals right now. In the league, 8 games played, 8 games won, 33 goals scored and 3 conceded. Playing unreal football and De Gea is on fire.

okay, this game has now made FM14 too easy lol played 26 with man u, won 24 drew 2, no matter what team i put out i manage a win, i've played depay and zaha as my IF, Shelvey as my AP (yes i have signed Jonjo Shelvey) & Angelo Henriquez as an AF and managed to beat City 3-0 at home of course but still a remarkable result considering i am in 1st season

Last edited:
Can you post some Screens?

retsinnab69, I haven't tested this tactic with anyone else, if you wish to do so be my guest! Would love to see it working with another squad.