Diavolo1992

Reaction score
Hey guys,

because of extremely challenging FM 14 and very realistic ME, which adapting to any tactic at least in 1 season, if not earlier, you simply must have at least 2 different tactics. Because of that i decided to pick danilo and arturo tactics, which are imo the best available on this site. I tweaked both tactics a bit, i dont have any proves, if will work, but it should.

Control(Danilo)

View attachment 363971

As you can see, anchor protect defence, so i wanted to have more creative midfielders...not box to box, but playmakers. Enganche and trequartista were simply amazing, false nine wasnt good enough, so advanced forward should be better here.

Attacking(Arturo)

View attachment 363970

Instead anchor i have regista in that position. Because of that i need 2 runners to do a job for regista. So instead advanced playmakers i have 2 box to box. Instead enganche i have more mobile advanced playmaker because of no trequartista up front. Up front i have more physical striker- targetman with advanced forward.

View attachment 363969

View attachment 363968

So, control version would describe as more technical style, while attacking version i can describe as physical style. 2 very different styles, exactly that i want to confuse ME.

Keep in mind, that against tough opponents tick much higher defensive line + offside trap. Everybody should now that by now, no need to explain.

Key roles

Complete wingback: Crossing, workrate, positioning, pace, stamina

Regista: First touch, passing, technique, creativity, composure

Anchor: Marking, tackling, anticipation, determination, strength

Box to box: Passing, technique, determination, off the ball, stamina

Advanced playmaker: First touch, passing, technique, creativity, stamina

Enganche: First touch, passing, technique, creativity, off the ball

Trequartista: First touch, passing, technique, creativity, off the ball

Positive or negative feedback is welcome.

Cheers!

Working a threat after 4 games. Won all, changing tactic each game. They are both very solid and good.

Training ?

Please don't get me wrong. I want to ask you why you are trying every tactics posted here ? I observed that you have been writing in all posts and trying to learn all aspects of the tactics. Couldn't you find any good tactic here yet ? I respect your approach but I wonder about how your team can adapt all these tactics. Do you play FM 2014 for only trying new and different tactics ? I tell you again that please don't get me wrong. That's completely related to your pleasure. I hope that this game can make you happy by always using different tactics.

Last edited:
Please don't get me wrong. I want to ask you why you are trying every tactics posted here ? I observed that you have been writing in all posts and trying to learn all aspects of the tactics. Couldn't you find any good tactic here yet ? I respect your approach but I wonder about how your team can adapt all these tactics. Do you play FM 2014 for only trying new and different tactics ? I tell you again that please don't get me wrong. That's completely related to your pleasure. I hope that this game can make you happy by always using different tactics.
I'm a tactic tester :D . And you right , I just play for 2 or 3 season and new game and right now i couldn't find a good tactic for southamton :)

Last edited:
Guys i am trying something new, because i dont like to use different system. I decided for this system:

View attachment 362100

So...i decided to changing only team settings.

View attachment 362096

View attachment 362097
Like i described...it is tactic with wide shape, to stretch opponent while i focusing through the middle with slower tempo.

View attachment 362095

View attachment 362094
Again...this is tacric with narrow shape, to narrowing opponent, while i focusing the flanks, this time with higher tempo.

Again, no results...please, surprise me ;)

@erhank52 Nice results

i was playing 4-1-2-1-2 control. my team is liverpool. how do you prefer my liverpool career for your new two tactics
@Diavolo1992

i was playing 4-1-2-1-2 control. my team is liverpool. how do you prefer my liverpool career for your new two tactics
@Diavolo1992
Both . Started the game with Control Version . When you are lose, change to Attacking version

@Diavolo1992

First of all...my new set up is only control version.

Narrow&Quick
: Use against opposition, that use wingerless formations, to exploit the flanks. You can judge situation via scouting report, so if they score from crosses rarely and concede few from them, then you know, that you have to exploit the flanks. Then, how to judge defensive line. If they play passing game, push defensive line up, if they play via long balls, drop deeper. Use scuting report after half of the season. Until then, play with deeper defensive line against weaker opponents and high line with offside trap against stronger opponents.

Wide&Slow: Use against opponents with winger formations, to exploit the middle. Again, you can judge situation via scouting report. If they play passing game and they dont scoring from crosses, would be smart to use this version, because of narrower width. High line should close them down. Use this after half of the season. Until then, same as above.

Cheers!

PS: ****, just saw it...that is one version attacking/rigid. Both must be control/very fluid.

Last edited:
Meh...AP are too attacking, please change back to box to box role.

Sorry, if i am confusing things :p

Thanks

working real good with my aston villa save 1 season no transfers
4 games 4 wins