4-1-2-1-2 (Narrow Diamond) Unai What I mean Emery

lonegun

Reaction score
I started work on this tactic looking to emulate the style of play that Unai Emery has brought to Arsenal this season.

What started as a basic 4-3-3 has evolved into a strong possession based attacking Tactic with a fairly solid defensive side too.

I have played through 2 seasons so far with the core of my team being the current Arsenal squad, I have strengthened my defence with Benjamin Pavard who is the only non current squad player that is regularly used.

View attachment 28342

View attachment 28332

Keeper - Bernd Leno playing in a sweeper role is my main keeper now although had a long injury spell and Petr Cech was an adequate standin.

Defence

CB(R) Pavard
CB(L) Sokratis

Roles for CB i set individually depending on their strongest role
backup CB's Kosceilny and Holding

WB(L) Kolasinac
backup Gian-Luca Itter from Wolfsburg @ £32m very good standin for Kolasinac fit the role a lot better than Monreal

WB(R) Bellarin
struggled getting a good backup for Bellarin ended up using Frederic Chiesa who is a winger in the role but his athletism seems to make up for his defensive frailties.

Midfield
In midfield I use 3 Deep lying playmakers.

DM - Torriera
CM(L) Xhaka
CM(R) Guendouzi

Backups - Maitland-Niles can play any of these roles comfortably
Ramsey Strong in both the CM positions.
Mkhitaryan fits into the CM positions and performs well

Attack

AM - Ozil as an Advanced Playmaker
backups Ramsey and Mkhitaryan

I then have 2 Attacking Forwards in Aubameyang and Lacazette
seem to play better with Aubu on the left.
backup strikers I have used Welbeck, Nketiah and a strong Regen that came through in my second season.

Using this tactic I have played through 2 seasons winning the Premier League twice, the second season unbeaten.
I have also won the Europa League and Champions League, European Supercup and Carabaou Cup.

I look forwards to any feedback and am interested to see what people think and how my tactic performs for them.

View attachment 28340
View attachment 28339
View attachment 28338
View attachment 28337
View attachment 28336

tactic and SS match this time :)
yes not sure what happened on my other posts. updated them now anyway.

you may have to change some player roles in CM/CB positions to suit them better but overall tactic should work as is.

Training and Oi's mate? Def wanna give this a go!

i have finished 2nd with the tactic with 2 transfers in january.
lost both cup finals.
tactic is great, i have change 4 positions in it adding some different players instructions to have striker score more goals, for me DLF with Poacher works best, the other changes was two midfilders to RPM.
Good job in overall, i leave my tweak here if u don't mind, all credit for tactic goes to creator

View attachment 28274View attachment 28273View attachment 28272

i changed the dm to cb and the other central defenders to cb defend, been going really well but the last time i posted results i lost like 4 games in a row so ill wait abit longer

i have finished 2nd with the tactic with 2 transfers in january.
lost both cup finals.
tactic is great, i have change 4 positions in it adding some different players instructions to have striker score more goals, for me DLF with Poacher works best, the other changes was two midfilders to RPM.
Good job in overall, i leave my tweak here if u don't mind, all credit for tactic goes to creator

all tweaks and feedback welcome, did you do a whole season with the tactic?

I do make the odd change with player roles during the season when injurys leave me without the right players to fit my standard tactic but no other changes have been needed so far. Keep me updated

ingame shouts,
encourage if drawing game at 40/70 mins.
praise once 2 goals clear.

all tweaks and feedback welcome, did you do a whole season with the tactic?

I do make the odd change with player roles during the season when injurys leave me without the right players to fit my standard tactic but no other changes have been needed so far. Keep me updated

I have started season with original and start to tinkering with roles after first seven games, wasn't to happy with dlp not performing so I changed to rpm because that setup works great in my other save. And this is another save that proves me that Poacher can be really deadly playing with DLF support.

I have started season with original and start to tinkering with roles after first seven games, wasn't to happy with dlp not performing so I changed to rpm because that setup works great in my other save. And this is another save that proves me that Poacher can be really deadly playing with DLF support.
i've had good results with Poacher/DLF combo using a different tactic, seems to get good results consistently but with 2 AF's i am getting 40+ per season with both players so working quite will. might try a p/dlf partnership for a run of matches and see if im getting anything different.

Great results! really love this tactic!

question

I have some questions as below:

1. the Midfield are all DLP, so who is the organizer or defender in Midfield? If you meet the opponent which is stronger team, maybe they can head your Midfield.

2. How can avoid the Opponent catching the opportunity to counter when my team attack in push up with leaving more blanket from the D-Line?

3. Attack fields, the two strikers are AF, who can connecting with them, and feed them?

I started work on this tactic looking to emulate the style of play that Unai Emery has brought to Arsenal this season.

What started as a basic 4-3-3 has evolved into a strong possession based attacking Tactic with a fairly solid defensive side too.

I have played through 2 seasons so far with the core of my team being the current Arsenal squad, I have strengthened my defence with Benjamin Pavard who is the only non current squad player that is regularly used.

View attachment 1188272

View attachment 1188282

Keeper - Bernd Leno playing in a sweeper role is my main keeper now although had a long injury spell and Petr Cech was an adequate standin.

Defence

CB(R) Pavard
CB(L) Sokratis

Roles for CB i set individually depending on their strongest role
backup CB's Kosceilny and Holding

WB(L) Kolasinac
backup Gian-Luca Itter from Wolfsburg @ £32m very good standin for Kolasinac fit the role a lot better than Monreal

WB(R) Bellarin
struggled getting a good backup for Bellarin ended up using Frederic Chiesa who is a winger in the role but his athletism seems to make up for his defensive frailties.

Midfield
In midfield I use 3 Deep lying playmakers.

DM - Torriera
CM(L) Xhaka
CM(R) Guendouzi

Backups - Maitland-Niles can play any of these roles comfortably
Ramsey Strong in both the CM positions.
Mkhitaryan fits into the CM positions and performs well

Attack

AM - Ozil as an Advanced Playmaker
backups Ramsey and Mkhitaryan

I then have 2 Attacking Forwards in Aubameyang and Lacazette
seem to play better with Aubu on the left.
backup strikers I have used Welbeck, Nketiah and a strong Regen that came through in my second season.

Using this tactic I have played through 2 seasons winning the Premier League twice, the second season unbeaten.
I have also won the Europa League and Champions League, European Supercup and Carabaou Cup.

I look forwards to any feedback and am interested to see what people think and how my tactic performs for them.

View attachment 1188274
View attachment 1188275
View attachment 1188276
View attachment 1188277
View attachment 1188278

white europe im starting with newcastle do you still use the tweaks you posted ?

I have some questions as below:

1. the Midfield are all DLP, so who is the organizer or defender in Midfield? If you meet the opponent which is stronger team, maybe they can head your Midfield.

2. How can avoid the Opponent catching the opportunity to counter when my team attack in push up with leaving more blanket from the D-Line?

3. Attack fields, the two strikers are AF, who can connecting with them, and feed them?

1. The player in the DM position is the organiser, ive played against strong Man City and Liverpool teams and dominated them in possession and had good results against them

2. no nonsense CB(cover) and speedy wingbacks help out greatly against the counter attack.

3. the Advanced playmaker and wingbacks feed the 2 strikers, both seasons my main strikers hit 40+ goals.

I am in no way saying this is the perfect tactic for everyone and may need a few tweaks. Have a go with it at default then tweak slightly where you think it will benefit your team and i'm sure that you will get some decent results with it.