4-1-2-2-1 Assymetric/shapeless/ultra creative FANTASY football.

aydin767

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Im new here, and I registered here just to share my tactic which I have had huge success with through 1 season with Man Utd.

I tried a lot of tactics before I hit the right one, and restarted pre-season numerous times, until I got the right "feeling" and proceeded.

As a tradition, I always start with Man Utd. Obviously they have a huge budget which gave me a lot of space to bring in the players I wanted to.

Shortly summarized; I won all the competitions ( PL, CL, FA, LC) I participated in relatively easily and produced some remarkable results against top sides.

My philosophy was to dominate games with skills, combinations and get the best out of talented technical players. It is important for me that the players with attributes to do the non-expected, actually get all the space and tools needed to excel.

Basically, this is my tactic.

View attachment 214604 View attachment 214602

The player instructions were very important for me as well, as I strived to get all my offensive players to perform without taking over each others space, and to do it you need to keep it simple in midfield. The fullbacks, especially the right fullback, were also of huge importance as an offensive force.

The roles :

K : De Gea obviously is one of the best goalies in the world and did a great job.

LB : Shaw (Criscito as backup) (fullback-support). A little more defensively minded than my RB, as I use an Inside forward with attacking mentality on the left side. Important to not let to much space behind you.

Limited defender : Smalling (Jones, Balanta) Keep it simple here, as the RB is very offensively minded. He won't try overambitious passes, but mostly leave the job to the midfield.

Defender: Benatia (Rojo) A more dominating force in defense than his partner. Important to have a regular here that reads the game well.

RB (wingback) Mario Fernandes. This guy has been sensational for me and provided with 18 assists through the season with a 8.16 average. With his great dribbling (16), crosses and work rate, I truly believe this guy is one of the best options in the game.

DM (Regista) Schweinsteiger ( Carrick ) This guy is the glue in the team. The one that will play through the opposition midfield and deliver the ball effectively to the attacking force in the team. To get the best out of him, you need players around him that will do the dirty job and cover spaces defensively and offensively. Schweini has become my own Pirlo.

CM (Central midfielder - attack) Herrera ( Barkley) You will want to have an allround good midfielder that has the intelligence and work rates to go on runs and be a threat every now and then, while he also needs to keep it simple in passing, so the regista can dominate.

CM (Central midfielder - defense) Schneiderlin (Jones, Carrick) Very important to have a midfielder with good defensive attributes, as big part of his role is to cover up the space the RB leaves behind him with his high pressure style.

LW (Inside forward - attack) Depay (Martial, Luan) All of these three guys have been absolutely outstanding for me. With the rest of the team being setup the way it is, they get a lot of space and often come in 1 vs 1 situations.

AM (Shadow-striker - attack) Mata (Rooney, Luan) This guy have the luxury of keeping the ball longer and going out of position to be creative as possible. It is alpha-omega that this player has good technical qualities and a nose for goals as well. Preferably a left-footed player.

S (False nine) Kane (Barbosa) Both these guys have been sensational for me, linking greatly with the other offensive players.

View attachment 214570 View attachment 214569 View attachment 214567 View attachment 214566 View attachment 214565 View attachment 214564 View attachment 214563

A big part of my philosophy is to rotate the players and try to keep everyone fit and fresh through the whole season.

Basically, I have made to starting 11s that will relieve each other every other game, unless I need my best starting 11 to play a good side.

I also let my players rest both before and after a game. I actually have a feeling that I have prevented a lot of injuries with this tactic. Also, it is a great opportunity for young talented players to get the match time they need to develop.

Training :

Train every player in the position you will play them. If they complain about to little/much training, adjust. I have kept team training on balanced. More match training until they have a full understanding of the tactic, and keep it in the "middle" when that is achieved.

I have top class coaches at any area, and I will fully recommend Bruno Conti as an assistant manager, for those who can convince him. The guy is a genius, and I let him take care of most of the OI and team talk.

View attachment 214562

If you decide to try this tactic with a good team, I will guarantee you a lot of goals, great combination-football and outstanding offensive football. I finished the PL with 107 goals and only 25 goals against me, and having the by far best goal difference.

I lost 1-0 to City away after a 88 min penalty after dominating the whole game, a shocking loss to Bournemouth 2-1 away, and I also lost the last game in the PL, when the 1. place already was secured, and I gave some of the U-18 kids the chance. Other than that, the performances has been very consistent. I used my second best 11 through the whole group stage in CL, and also in several PL games. Even in the 3-2 win over Leverkusen in the CL-semi.

View attachment 214560 View attachment 214558 View attachment 214557 View attachment 214555

I haven't tried the tactic with less good teams, but for any top 4 side, I recommend it strongly.

I hope you enjoy the tactic and reply me your experiences with it if you succeed. Sorry for my english.

View attachment 214554 View attachment 214553 View attachment 214552 View attachment 214551 View attachment 214550 View attachment 214548 View attachment 214546

Here is the tactic : http://www.megafileupload.com/5skj/Shapeless_tactic_9372C60B-0CDC-415F-A551-B188D41804C6.fmf

Last edited:
I hope you enjoy the tactic and reply me your experiences with it if you succeed. Sorry for my english.

But you haven't uploaded/linked the tactic :D But looks great from the screenshots! Good Job!

Looks really interesting, will give it a crack on my Man Utd save later

what the ...19:0 ?

Yeah, I always play amateur sides during pre-season, to give my players a confidence boost and a high moral when the season starts. Not the most impressing achievement.:p

This could work with Arsenal but using t an AP instead of SS and AF for F9, you think it would do it?

This could work with Arsenal but using t an AP instead of SS and AF for F9, you think it would do it?

I can't tell really. This tactic is based on short passes and the false nine and shadow striker working very narrow together and switching positions.

The first thing that strikes me is that an AP will will want to control the tempo and fall deeper, and that might reduce the Registas influence, while an AF also will make the tactic less narrow and potentially reduce the IF influence.

But you have to try it I guess, might work as well. I also believe that this could be a perfect match for Arsenal if you can buy a decent striker. Gabriel Barbosa is highly recommended.

Last edited:
16.1 update.. Does tactics still work?

I have been playing with 16.0.3 till now. Updating right now, and will give it a go. I will tell if something has changed.

Edit:

Cant say I have noticed any difference, other than regarding the short corner tactic I had. Seems like the opposition team now send a defender to close down the receiver of the short corner after the update. I changed the corners to mixed instead, and it has been working fine.

The general performance has been as good as before.

View attachment 214069

Last edited:
You could explain or I explained the ' training during the season and in pre -season ?? Even with the screen thanks

Sorry mate, but this tactic is absolutely dreadful. Just conceded 10 goals in 3 games with Man Utd, scored 2. The football played is terrible too.

It's not dreadful at all, my (heavily changed) Leicester side are absolutely flying using it in season 2. Scoring goals for fun.

Completely disagreed about the football played too, I think it's fantastic! The wing back is an assist monster and I love the way the DM sprays the ball around (I've got Johannes Geiss playing there and he has perfect PPMs for the role - "Dictates Tempo"; "Tries Long Range Passes"; "Likes to Switch Ball To Other Flank").

My team is barely "Competent" in the formation at the moment so I can only imagine what the tactic can do when fully fluid.

So does anyone play anything other than top teams? :S
Seems to me that most people who play this game either play with the very top teams or super smal teams (their local team or something).
Im not seeing allot of posts about average teams.

Im not saying this sucks but wopdido you are doing well with Man Utd... You could created dussins of tactics and they would work well with Man Utd.

Seems to me that most people who play this game either play with the very top teams or super smal teams (their local team or something).

Im not saying this sucks but wopdido you are doing well with Man Utd... You could created dussins of tactics and they would work well with Man Utd.

A lot of people don't want the headache of trying to make a winner out of a lower caliber of team. There are also people like me who start out each season playing with the better teams until they get a hand on how the tactics are working that specific season, then they move on to harder teams.

Playing with Hearts on 16.1. Before the update it was decent enough. I mostly won, while a bit leaky at the back because the defence was never tracking runs. Afterwards, it's horrible. Dominate possession and shot, lose by one, two, or three, every game while usually posting a duck. The FBs are all over the place, no-one can put a cross in, everyone dwells on the ball, and strikers either score a goal of the season or hit it straight at the keeper. It's not just this tactic, but most of the ones I've tried. The current engine is a steaming pile, so I'm giving up and waiting for Friday's official release.

Playing with Hearts on 16.1. Before the update it was decent enough. I mostly won, while a bit leaky at the back because the defence was never tracking runs. Afterwards, it's horrible. Dominate possession and shot, lose by one, two, or three, every game while usually posting a duck. The FBs are all over the place, no-one can put a cross in, everyone dwells on the ball, and strikers either score a goal of the season or hit it straight at the keeper. It's not just this tactic, but most of the ones I've tried. The current engine is a steaming pile, so I'm giving up and waiting for Friday's official release.

Yeah i have noticed some of these things as well i think im not sure... Like for example i had a game where we dominated possession had 18 shots but only 1 of those shots were on goal... opponents had i think 6 shots and 2 on goal... lost 0-1.
Got really frustrated at the FBs as they just didnt want to cross the ball allot of the time, i made them wing backs and it made it better but still sometimes they hold on to the ball for no reason and then when its to late they try to cross it and hit the opponent FB...

A lot of people don't want the headache of trying to make a winner out of a lower caliber of team. There are also people like me who start out each season playing with the better teams until they get a hand on how the tactics are working that specific season, then they move on to harder teams.

I just cant see the fun in playing with one of the biggest teams in the game because soon enough you would get to the point where you win everything every single season.
What i like to do is start unemployed and see which teams struggle. Teams i take on are average teams who have a decent squad but not playing to their potential like Real Sociadad in spain or Hoffenheim in Germany. I would consider taking on a bigger club but only if the manager makes allot of poor decisions like lose key players and dosent replace them well.

What he said exactly.

I allways start with Man Utd, as I am a fan. The game is still a beta, so I wont start the "heavy" challenges with smaller teams, until I feel completely safe on the tactics I am using.

Theres a dousin of different ways to challenge yourself in this game. None of the ways are wrong. Just to mention it, I tried a couple of the tactics in this forum for my Man Utd side before I stick to this one, and none of them were working as well as this.

Must say I also have noticed that it is a little bit more difficult to score goals in my second season. It could as well be due to the fact that the opposition now has more "data" on me, and park the bus a lot more than in my first season.

Thaid said, Im still 12 points ahead the second place in the premiership now after 17 games.