silverya

Reaction score
Hello guys !

Here is my new tactic, a 4-1-4-1 which is my 2nd favorite formation, just behind the beloved 4-4-2. It has various inspiration from... basically any tactic on this site, so credit to all of you guys, tactical gurus and testers.

The goal of this tactic is to be SOLID ! I really wanted to create something that can keep clean sheets, and I think I achieved it (or close to being achieved at least :p)

It is based on a slow tempo / high d-line combo (which seems to be the best in FM13). It's also extremely offensive in the team and individual mentality, but uses an anchor man to counter balance the possible dangerous ball loss in the midfield.

It is a classical version, because I couldn't achieve what I wanted with the tactical creator. There was always something.... missing. I really think that, despite manually changing sliders with the tactical creator, the players don't play the same way as with the classical version. I obviously don't have any proof of that, but that's just a feeling.

Here is how the tactic looks :

View attachment 341461

Here are some screenshots of my 2 testing saves :

Real Madrid : (2 players bought in 2 seasons : Fellaini because he's absolutely awesome and Rondon because both Higuain and Benzema were injured)

View attachment 341459

The 2 games vs Barcelona AWAY, both won (so you can see that it actually annihilate even the most dangerous attacking team) :

View attachment 341465View attachment 341466

Lyon (mainly players on loan, just bought N'Djeng while selling Lisandro Lopez to Dortmund (fans almost killed me :p), and very recently (january transfer) could buy Gaitan that wasn't playing at all at PSG, and Ferreyra because PSV wanted to buy him :D) :

View attachment 341460

small test with Anderlecht in Belgium :

View attachment 341858View attachment 341859View attachment 341860

Tottenham first season :

League Table

View attachment 341614

Premier League results

View attachment 341615View attachment 341617

Squad Stats

View attachment 341616

Euro Cup

View attachment 341619

FA Cup

View attachment 341620

Very happy with this season, don't think I could do much better to be honnest.

Adebayor, surprisingly good. Didn't expect that much from him, especially the 16 goals in 10 euro cup games !

View attachment 341630

So as you can see, the defensive record is quite good and the offensive part is not to shabby (but could probably be better).

Tell me if you guys need some more screenshots ;)

OI : on every AM (AMC, AMR, AML) and ST :
- play on weak foot
- always tight marking
- hard tackling
- press always

For teamtalks, I usually do that :
Beggining :
- Assertive > last option (something like "don't be nervous")
Half time :
- Lose or Draw : Agressive > Hairdry time !
- win by 1 or 2 goals : nothing
- win by 3+ : Assertive > Happy
Full time :
- Lose or Draw : HAIRDRY TIIIIIIIME !
- Win : Assertive > Happy

For players attribute, I'll go for really standard things. I tried with various type of players and it seemed to work quite well with any kind of player :

GK : handling, one on one, reflexes
FB : tackling, stamina, crossing optionnal
DC : heading, tackling, marking, decision
DM : work rate, tackling, strength
CM : work rate, passing
ML/R : pace, dribbling, passing, crossing
ST : finishing, off the ball, heading, pace

For training I've been experimenting various things, but didn't find anything particular. High training focus during preseason, and after that whatever float your boat ^^ Probably defense focus when facing hard opponents, attack when facing easy opponents, team cohesion if you're lazy with general/balance
smile.gif

Pitch size : Standard

NB : Be careful, this tactic require some management capacity. I micromanage things a lot, and keep moral as high as possible, I think it's the key of success, even more than the tactic itself.

Please give some feedbacks, good or bad it doesn't matter, just try to tell what's working, and what is not. It's a good basis, but let's make it a super good tactic together !

View attachment 341565

The more offensive version, yet still quite solid

View attachment 378866

Last edited:
Looks great !

To avoid people still asking about the upload, just send me à PM when you are ready and I will have the thread closed until then.

Cheers

silverya - can you use this without the OI's? Would it still be effective?

Nice job buddy, looks very interesting. Ill give it a blast and let you know how it goes
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
silverya - can you use this without the OI's? Would it still be effective?
I think it's really more effective with them, but I guess that with a potent assistant manager (high tactical attribute) you could tell him to take care about OIs if that is bothering you.

Nice job buddy, looks very interesting. Ill give it a blast and let you know how it goes :)
Thanks mate ;)

Is there any particular general or match training focus needed?

for MCs I recommand guys with high TeamWork, WorkRate, Passing, Tackling

For training I've been experimenting various things, but didn't find anything particular. High training focus during preseason, and after that whatever float your boat ^^ Probably defense focus when facing hard opponents, attack when facing easy opponents, team cohesion if you're lazy :)

and by the way, Gareth Bale is absolutely godly ! too bad he's injured quite a lot (3 months at the beggining and 2 months now :( )

If wizzi has it, then the download link must be there somewhere ^^

Lmao was hidden abit :p Its at the bottom of the first post now lol

Quite well? Quite awesome id say for using Tottenham :) you havent lost yet nice :) hope i dont scud you lol