My Tweaked Il Devasto

I loved this tactic in the previous patches but never could get it to tick on 11.3. So I tweaked about to get a version that suits me. Its a mix of the orginial, the 10 notches version (can't remember who posted it) and my own changes.

I tried it first with a team from San Marino...

View attachment 197811View attachment 197805

The results were great so I thought I'd try it with Man Utd who obviously have much better players.

Results:
View attachment 197806View attachment 197803

Stats:
View attachment 197808

Line-ups:
View attachment 197809View attachment 197810

I use the Attack version most of the time. When I got a few goals up I may switch to the Conserve version depending on how the match is going (eg if the opposition start to regain a footing in the match).

The only time I really start a match with the Conserve version is if we are playing a top team or we are out numbered in midfield. For example, against West Brom I started with the Attack version. However WBA had a 5-man midfield are we found ourselves down 3-1 down at half time. So i switched to Conserve and we eventually won 4-3.

Finally as with the original version the right hand striker is the man goalscorer. I prefer a poacher-like player (Chichartio, Welbeck etc)

I loved this tactic in the previous patches but never could get it to tick on 11.3. So I tweaked about to get a version that suits me. Its a mix of the orginial, the 10 notches version (can't remember who posted it) and my own changes.

The results were great so I thought I'd try it with Man Utd who obviously have much better players.

Results:

Stats:
View attachment 197808

Line-ups:

I use the Attack version most of the time. When I got a few goals up I may switch to the Conserve version depending on how the match is going (eg if the opposition start to regain a footing in the match).

The only time I really start a match with the Conserve version is if we are playing a top team or we are out numbered in midfield. For example, against West Brom I started with the Attack version. However WBA had a 5-man midfield are we found ourselves down 3-1 down at half time. So i switched to Conserve and we eventually won 4-3.

Finally as with the original version the right hand striker is the man goalscorer. I prefer a poacher-like player (Chichartio, Welbeck etc)

thanks for this i really appreciate it

i shall let you know how i get on

Results:

Stats:
View attachment 197808

Line-ups:

Just to clarify, you use the attack tactic to start games in every occasion other than playing against teams such as united, barca, chelsea, city, madrid etc, where you use the conserve tactic instead? And you also use the conserve tactic against teams who play a 5 man midfield?

Do you put both these tactics in your match prep? or do you just use them as and when you need to?

Just to clarify, you use the attack tactic to start games in every occasion other than playing against teams such as united, barca, chelsea, city, madrid etc, where you use the conserve tactic instead? And you also use the conserve tactic against teams who play a 5 man midfield?

Do you put both these tactics in your match prep? or do you just use them as and when you need to?

Yes both tactics will be on match prep.

I'd use Attack 90% of the time even against big teams if we're at home. If it looks like the match is going against you then switch to the other tactic.

OIs are left for assistant.
Match Prep is very high and team blend until the prep is full. Then very low and none. But these are just what worked for me. Other settings may even be better

Hi guys im using alexx tweaked version on my arsenal team so far so good but all the goals I have conceded so far have been from counter attacks especially on the wings. Any tweaks or suggestions?
P.S sorry to ask a dumb question but what do you guys mean by match prep and team blend?

forget my last question read a thread on team blend etc. awesome tactic only lost two games the whole season. won the league, f.a cup and league cup.

does anybody already made this tacticfor FM12???
For FM11 it worked great for me... please let me know

tried using this tactic using Man City. It's OK so far but my team keep conceding goals. (eg win 6-3, 5-2, 4-3). Any advice how to improve my defense?

Results:

Stats:
View attachment 197808

Line-ups:

will try your tactic since it looks good for 11.3 version.

---------- Post added 28/10/2011 at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was 26/10/2011 at 03:02 PM ----------

anyone know which 'Il Devasto' 11.3 tactic is good for Man City? Tweaked version is fine for me as long it produce great results. please..

This tactic is really incredible - started using it at the back end of my second season with Villa where I was struggling and about to get fired. Had a great finish to the season and just missed out on Europa qualification. The following season I used it the whole time and finished 2nd, setting a new Premier League goals scored record (107). Neymar, Bent, and Agbonlahor each scored 30+ goals in all competitions!

I do concede a lot of goals using it, and occasionally have a wacky game where I win 7-6 or something. But overall a really exciting and realistic tactic that gets the best out of the attacking players. Ashley Young and Kadlec are my two main wingers and they are always dynamite in this tactic!

Thank you for putting so much effort into it, it makes my FM experience a lot more enjoyable!

does anybody already made this tacticfor FM12???
For FM11 it worked great for me... please let me know

yo mate i just tried the tactic that's posted up here ( page 1784, the A tactic )

i play as man united in 1st season so just the default team

just played ipswich in a cup game ( at old trafford ) and beat them 9-0. i was 5-0 after just 25 mins

rooney scored 3 with 3 assists 10.00 avg rating to go with it

i shall play a few more games just to make sure it wasnt a fluke. after all it was only ipswich

next game away v norwich won 3-0
next game away v WBA won 4-0
next game away v fulham won 3-1
next game home v aston villa drew 1-1 tho it was a great game we both had 2 goals disallowed then my game froze, gutted as i as having a great season :'(

Last edited:
And so I met this tactic and finished my 1st season in romanian league in charge of Otelul Galati FC. I want to point from the very first that the following is not an insult but my very own review that I wanted to share with you guys and especially with the one who made it.

So I want to say thank you for the great tactic. I managed to win the league and the cup with this team (Otelul Galati) a team which is not the best in Romania but before last season (in real life) this team usually was getting a place between 6-11, so it's a big performance. The pics below will reveal my results over the season (btw I am using version 11.3).

The tactic is great as I mentioned before, but it has very large gaps in defence and in the central midfield. A great play on the midfield wings, I agree, the players on that positions had a lot of assists and goals and were working grat together. The attackers were good also, but not as I imagined and as I read other ppl's posts. One of them was the best striker in league with 26 goals and the other scored only 17. It was a big struggle with another 3 teams for the title but I managed to get it.

Now turning back to the not so bright parts, as I said, there are huge gaps in defence and the opposing teams got through my defence very easily many times, lucky for me I have a good GK...and so you know, my defence line is not weak I got the best defenders in the romanian league. So in my opinion this is a huge problem right there. In many cases I managed not to concede a lot of goals because of that old saying "attack is the best defence".

The last bad thing about the tactic is about the central midfielders. They are "wtf are we suppose to do?". They do not work too good and most of the time they were just to complete the number 11 of the players on the field. Something must be changed there too (only in my opinion).

In conclusion these are the goods and the bads I have found on this tactic after a full season with a low team in a low league...haven't tried in a major league 'till now, but will start out with Barcelona to see how it goes. Enough with the criticism...thank you very much for your time making and sharing this tactic, you've done a great job and I hope my review was constructive and you'll take in consideration what I have wrote.

Cheers lad,
Glory Man Utd!!!

I had immense results with barcelona in patch 11.2. The thing is, that i downloaded patch 11.3 and i took other top teams to try the tactics but the results were not the same anymore even when i choose to play with database 11.2. To tell the truth, in some games i loose by many goals. I m sure that something about the game intelligence has been changed. Anyway, i have a question . Did anyone here ever tried to switch central midfielders to zonal marking. Ι noticed that in most of the games my team is outnumbered in the center of the field so i think it is to risky to play the central midfielders to man to man, because there is always a free opposite player unmarked (most of the times AMC) who does real damage to my defense. I noticed something else too. The two central defenders are switched to zonal marking and this forces them to cover the fullbacks and mark the flanks. I believe that switching the central midfielders to zonal marking could have similar results.

sorry for my english....this is a great tactic as all we have seen...but is leaking goals and let the opponents have to many chances on counter....so i have make some tweak on fullbacks and wingers to be a little deffensive and it works....also i tweaked the pressing a little to not close down all the pitch because in what i have seen that is a reason because they had the counter attack...if somebody tells me how to put my tactic in this thread ill put here for you to test it...this is the first time when i post something and thats the cause i dont know how to put a tactic ;)

i´ve tried il devasto 11.3 in FM12 and results have been great. i´ve just finished my first season using this tactic in fm12 with my beloved celta de vigo (spanish second division). scored 138 goals and concede 44 (in 42 matches). win:33 draw:2 lost:7.
my main striker (david rodríguez, nothing spectacular) scored 38 goals.
my second striker (kravets, signed on a free transfer) scored 27 goals.
anyway, i have to get stronger players (defenders and keeper, preferably) otherwise i´ll struggle in the first division because this tactic seems to concede a lot of one on ones.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6409/tabladevasto.jpg

1. Tweak the pitch dimensios to the lowest available.
2. Tweak the cms to zonal marking.
3. When playing at wide and long stadiums tweak the closing down of full backs and cbs accordingly.
Works for me.

hello mate, with point 3 do you mean not closing down so often if you´re playing a big stadium? are you using this tactic in fm12? thanks in advance

This tactic is awesome for strong teams, but it sucks on low profile teams.

this tactic is good when playing at home i beat every single team but when i play against a good team away i always lose. man city and arsenal especially. im managing liverpool and have great players but im still not getting the same statistics as you. could you tell me what i have to change in order to be more solid and effective please? View attachment 206864