I'm glad for everyone who have success with this tactic. Fell free to tweak it and make it better

What about pitch size? :) (Can't find anything about that in the tread)

Hi is it ok to change the striker to complete striker? My striker is Suarez I don't think he fits as a poacher.

I use the exact same tactic since starting to play FM 13 (before joining up on the forums). I started with and shall continue with the two holding defensive midfielder's positions just infront of the back four. It actually is good defensively and attacking. Setting one holder to support and the other to defend seems to work brilliantly for me.

However, I started a new game with Glasgow Rangers. I score at least one goal every match, but yet it is easy to exploit. That' my opinion.

Hi is it ok to change the striker to complete striker? My striker is Suarez I don't think he fits as a poacher.

I didn't try to change role of the attacker but you should try and post the results.

u shud play Suarez as the AML, he's a beast in that position with this tactic, scores plenty of goals n gets gr8 ratings

in my 4th season with Newcastle i was looking for a decent 4231 so far with this tactic iv'e played 15 games won-0, draw-1, lost-14 for me there's seem to be something wrong with the defense they seemed lost, but i'm gonna start a new save with this tactic so i'll let you know how it goes.

well well iv'e played inter milan in my first friendly away and i iv'e just hammered them 7-0 with both teams pitting out strong squads, iv'e notice the passing play with the CM's and LW, RW, AMC, is superb but the defense can sometimes make me worry, have you tried setting your CB to ballplayers and set on cover?

well well iv'e played inter milan in my first friendly away and i iv'e just hammered them 7-0 with both teams pitting out strong squads, iv'e notice the passing play with the CM's and LW, RW, AMC, is superb but the defense can sometimes make me worry, have you tried setting your CB to ballplayers and set on cover?

I didn't change anything but feel free to tweak this tactic and let me know about the results

Is there anyway to make the defence more solid? And how are the corners in this tactic?

Last edited:
Going to test this tactic with Roma after my Holiday gonna put the 2 CB's on cover and change the BWM to defend and turn off offside trap

Did you end up sticking with this and tweaking it?