4 - 2 dmc - 3 amc - 1 (Very fluid Tactic)

cajee

Reaction score
Greetings all...

This is my first tactic upload, I've been playing fm beta quite a lot and started a game as Southampton. I've been admiring how Pochettino has Saints playing at the moment. We begin with a holding DM in Vincent Wanyama, a great Deep lying (or Regista) in Schneiderlin, 3 young-english very fast and talented complete wing back attacks. You also start with 3 very strong Attacking Mid centres and good support strikers! Perfect for this tactic.

I developed a similar tactic to this with a Leeds United career save in fm2013 and Southampton had the perfect players to recreate this tactic straight up in 2014.

Chelsea and Man City could quite easily both be plug and play with this tactic too (although the Regista player is probably the most important and maybe most rarely too....

Here's the tactic
View attachment 462452

We have two CB - Defend. I have selected these as it's best for use with a Regista, they both recycle possession to him and attacks rebuild. If you have defenders that suit Stopper/Cover you can use but I have mostly generic CB - Defend.

We have both DR and DL as Complete Wing back attack - I have given them 'shoot less' as you will find these push forward like wingers and get lots of 1 on 1 opportunities. If you notice I have trained all my wingbacks to play either side so in game I can swap them and give them the cut inside option if the situation seems appropriate.

I use a Regista always, pushs forward alot more than Deep lying PM. I have wanted a more aggression Deep lying playmaker for awhile, and have often used sliders to create one. Illarramendi fits this perfect. Fast effective and creative. He plays alongside a Defensive Midfielder Defend who breaks up possession and gives him the ball.

Up the middle we have 3 AMCs. I developed this while playing and it's suited me well. I have a Adv playmaker attack in the middle, he must have great creativity and flair. He plays alongside a Attack Midfielder Attack and a Shadow Striker Attack. I am experimenting with these two side AMC roles, you may do as well. But I find these differently roles complement each other quite well I give move into channels when I can for these players.

The striker I primarily use as a Support strike, either Deep lying forward support or false nine, Saints begin with Rickie Lambert/Osvaldo both good support strikers and they link in with the midfield, the idea is the ST drops back and the two wider AMCs take the scoring opportunities.

At the end of the season both my Strikers were at 20 - 25 goals and my six AMCs were at 8 - 15 goals each so you will find you get a great spread of goals and assists. I use retain possession, encourage shorter passing sometimes but with a fast tempo and being very fluid this formation looks great to watch with the new match engine.

I retrained my players to cover each other and here's my solid squad of 22 players.

View attachment 462451

Here's my performance in the premier league over the past three seasons

View attachment 462450

If you see the high goals conceded first season I was playing with 2 MCs rather than 2 DMCs that season.

And here's my form at the beginning of the 4th season, got a tough champs lge group but if I beat Real Madrid I should get through!

View attachment 462449
I have a more Attack minded version and a Counter/Defensive version loaded but I rarely use them :)
Really look forward to any feedback from you guys!! Hope your all enjoying fm2014 as much as myself.

[edit: my set pieces and throw ins are the best, I seem to find just sending CBs to near and far post and ST as near post flick on and target 6 yard box works ok tho!]

Last edited:
Id give this a shot with my peterborough save mate...
Are you using any Opp settings?

Last edited:
I just carried on and went on a spectacular winning streak;

2015_fixture2.png

made a few tweaks, added 'work ball into box' to team instructions
and added 'short passing' to the DM Defend and the CBs so they recycle possession to the Regista

in terms of opposition instructions I'll show wide players onto their weak feet if appropriate, and tackle hard anyone who looks particulary weak/dangerous/unfit

Awesome tactic, used it from january in my season with chelsea haven't lost, drawn some towards the end of the season when i already won the league but been using a second team and in the semi final of the champions league will post screen shots later!

Awesome tactic, used it from january in my season with chelsea haven't lost, drawn some towards the end of the season when i already won the league but been using a second team and in the semi final of the champions league will post screen shots later!

was this with the full game?

I am using this tactic and i am doing okay with LFC(in 2nd lol but i wish i was 1st). Sturridge is not scoring many so i dropped him and put Suarez up front as a complete striker with support and he is doing alright but not scoring as many as i would like(only 8 goals and i am in February). Allen is a great regista. What pre match training do you use?

I downloaded it and the striker is a False nine should it be a Deep Lying forward?

i am using a very similar tactic with my Leverkusen side, I found I ad 4 CDM in the squad so I opted for for this but instead of 3 amc I have gone for 1amc and 2 inside forwards with a poacher upfront, I managed to get Leverkusen from 10th to 3rd in half a season when I took over an so far won 4 out of 4 comfortably in the new season, so just going to tweak slightly going to try the regista tactic see how that unfolds

I'd like to try your tactic .. but I have a problem when I try to import .. the game just freezes .. can you tell me how to solve this problem?

i no this is about the tactic but how good are doria, shaw and prowse in your save game

It says the file cannot be imported gone into options>import>choose your tactic and says file cannot be imported any clues why not? Can you post another link for this please

This tactic is amazing.
I'm using it with Hoogstraten (second divisions Belgium team). Pre-season goal "avoid relegation".
Top of the table with 16 games playes and quarter finalist in the Cup after beating 2 first division teams 1-5 and 4-2.
simply amazing... Thanks !

Nearly got the sack using this tactic, got an ultimatum from the board demanding i collect 11 points from 5 games which i managed to do thankfully. With this tactic i was scoring goals but conceding lots including a 6-1 thumping away from home.