Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Hi,

I will try out your tactic with my Real Sociedad save :)

Do you recommend that i play with balanced mentality from start every game, and if im not creating chances then go to attacking or should i start out on attacking?

And last question - can i swap out the role of the attacker to advanced forward or is it very important that he is complere forward?

Reaction score
Hi,

I will try out your tactic with my Real Sociedad save :)

Do you recommend that i play with balanced mentality from start every game, and if im not creating chances then go to attacking or should i start out on attacking?

And last question - can i swap out the role of the attacker to advanced forward or is it very important that he is complere forward?
I usually start every game with balanced and when I am leading comfortably I change to positive or when I need a goal I go attacking. But I've also used variations of this tactic where I played attacking all the time. Should work either way.

Yes, if you you don't have someone who can play CF then use advanced forward. This is what I do when I am managing not so good players or youth players.

Hope you enjoy my tactic, keep me updated if it works for you!

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the quick respond - should i change my wingers to their preferred role?

For example right now i have Adnan Januzaj as ringht winger, so should i just change his role to inverted winger?

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the quick respond - should i change my wingers to their preferred role?

For example right now i have Adnan Januzaj as ringht winger, so should i just change his role to inverted winger?
You could definitely try that and see if it works. I have used inverted wingers in the past so I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Reaction score
Can you add some screenshots of your test results?
I am doing FM21 tests right now. Already simulated a season with Liverpool and Milan (both won the league). My main experience from playing with it myself comes from previous FM games. I am running a simulation with Cambridge United right now and will do some more after that. Will upload pics soon.

EDIT: Some screenshots have already been uploaded to my steam workshop page. More will follow soon!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you use opponent instruction(i don't really know what it's called in engish) or not? :)