Curious whether centre-backs would do fine as ball-playing defenders, and if there is a reason for ML to have more instructions than the MR, as I need to make my MCL a Mezzala and MCR a BWM?
Edit: You also said wingers should take corners. Should they be inswingers or outswingers? Left footed on the right or left footed corner taker on the left?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Have gone backwards and forwards with this tactic as always liked it but you would win 6-4 or lose 4-6, but since the new update limiting the long balls it's been superb and even my AMC is banging them in. Looks like the ME change actually tweaked this tactic itself ?

Curious whether centre-backs would do fine as ball-playing defenders, and if there is a reason for ML to have more instructions than the MR, as I need to make my MCL a Mezzala and MCR a BWM?
Edit: You also said wingers should take corners. Should they be inswingers or outswingers? Left footed on the right or left footed corner taker on the left?

Thank you!

@ThePav , hi, I was really hoping you'd respond, if you've tested or anything. Thank you!

Whilst this has worked well for a huge period of my first season with Newcastle, lost 6/9 of my last games - anyone experienced this and how did they overcome? Scoring nowhere near as many goals and defence is leakier than it was.

Most of my attacking plays starts from throw ins and the ball reaches the box.
I think it's recommended that WBs must have bullet throw ins as preferred move.

Last edited:
Just wanted to log on and thank you for this tactic. So far so good..... (This run is ongoing)

lens.jpg

This tactic, slightly amended, has broken the game.
The Results: 32/33 St Pauli Bundesliga W29 D4 L1. Dec 33/34 Salford Nat League W21 D3 L0, 34/35 Div 2 W33 D11 L2, Nov35/36 Braga Liga Nos W23 D10 L0. Jan 37 Nurnberg 2 Bundesliga W9 D2 L0.
Totals W115 D30 L3. League games.
Competition Wins DFL Supercup, Champions League, Bundesliga, DFB Pokal, Club World Cup, Vanarama National League, Skybet League 2, Leasing.com Trpphy Taca DE Portugal Placard, Liga Nos, Taca Da Liga CTT.
Amendments: 1. Make the PIs for the wingers the same
2. Replace the defensive corners set pieces with one of my own.
3. Change the BWM to a DLP.
And all of this mainly using players not entirely suited to their roles and positions. I am trying to see if this tactic an exploit or just a **** good tactic.
EDIT: Above results are for league games only.

Last edited:
This tactic, slightly amended, has broken the game.
The Results: 32/33 St Pauli Bundesliga W29 D4 L1. Dec 33/34 Salford Nat League W21 D3 L0, 34/35 Div 2 W33 D11 L2, Nov35/36 Braga Liga Nos W23 D10 L0. Jan 37 Nurnberg 2 Bundesliga W9 D2 L0.
Totals W115 D30 L3. League games.
Competition Wins DFL Supercup, Champions League, Bundesliga, DFB Pokal, Club World Cup, Vanarama National League, Skybet League 2, Leasing.com Trpphy Taca DE Portugal Placard, Liga Nos, Taca Da Liga CTT.
Amendments: 1. Make the PIs for the wingers the same
2. Replace the defensive corners set pieces with one of my own.
3. Change the BWM to a DLP.
And all of this mainly using players not entirely suited to their roles and positions. I am trying to see if this tactic an exploit or just a **** good tactic.

Can you make your version available?

Playing 2 strikers also works very nicely!

I was sacked from Atletico Madrid (Not pav tactic) after first season got hired by Villareal and put in the tactic but wanted to utilise 2 strikers because of the squad was strongest in that area. Put the SS on Pressing forward support with roam from position and moves into channels. Have same PI on right winger as there is on the left winger.

Finished second behind Real Madrid, kind of unlucky actually, had 1-1 result against them at the end of the season, Vidal was sent of 12th minute. And I lost to Atletico Madrid away even thou we battered them stats wise and should of easly won that game on a different day.

Attachments

• 20200310172643_1.jpg
    20200310172643_1.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 416
  • 20200310172451_1.jpg
    20200310172451_1.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 400
Hi all, this tactic is amazing!!! Has anyone had any success with a possession version of this? I've tried a few tweaks with little success. I'm looking to use something to control the game, same shape, for the last 20 mins, keep the ball and see the game out, any thoughts on what tweaks you would make in those circumstances?