4-4-2-English Styles: Arsenals Invincibles & Uniteds Treble Team, Tactic Explained

Which style was better???

• Total voters
I know just the tactics but you'll need a few signings, I'll do 2 options for 4-5-1 and I already have one for the 4-2-2-2 (this one will need one GOOD signing) give me 30mins, as my fm has decided to update itself and its currently downloading

okey... i just want a good 4-5-1 or 4-2-2-2 wingers... okey i upload my save... but were?

I have finished the tactics... ----> Wigan Tactic Pack by kino4city.zip

Regarding signings...
For the attributes reccommended below create a filter and start with all at 15 and then 14, 13 etc. and scout 3/4 for each position (USE STAN VALCKX, he's your best scout)

Wingers x2 ---> have a look for left and right side, preferably buy players that can play both sides and both footed--attributes to look for... dribbling, crossing, long shots, passing, technique, decisions, flair, off,the ball, acceleration, pace, agility and stamina

Att Midfielder ---> need a player that is highly intelligent and someone that can pick a pass, preferably left footed---attributes to look for...dribbling, first touch, passing, technique, creavitity, anticipation, decisions,flair, off the ball, agility and stamina - - - and try and get one with tackling(both if possibly for rotation on the 4-2-4 tactic...

I'm heading off out now for a few hours but post your feedback and give them a fair chance, use the 4-5-1 against bigger teams, but be wary you wont have alot of the ball, and use my touchline instructions mentioned at the start of the thread...

Good Luck, I'll check in later

okey... i just want a good 4-5-1 or 4-2-2-2 wingers... okey i upload my save... but were?

Regarding signings...
For the attributes reccommended below create a filter and start with all at 15 and then 14, 13 etc. and scout 3/4 for each position (USE STAN VALCKX, he's your best scout)

Wingers x2 ---> have a look for left and right side, preferably buy players that can play both sides and both footed--attributes to look for... dribbling, crossing, long shots, passing, technique, decisions, flair, off,the ball, acceleration, pace, agility and stamina

Att Midfielder ---> need a player that is highly intelligent and someone that can pick a pass, preferably left footed---attributes to look for...dribbling, first touch, passing, technique, creavitity, anticipation, decisions,flair, off the ball, agility and stamina - - - and try and get one with tackling(both if possibly for rotation on the 4-2-4 tactic...

I'm heading off out now for a few hours but post your feedback and give them a fair chance, use the 4-5-1 against bigger teams, but be wary you wont have alot of the ball, and use my touchline instructions mentioned at the start of the thread...

in the invincibles tac, you have the bwm as playmaker but zero creative freedom...why is this?

Last edited:
thanks man,.. going to test this

no worries, just let me know how things work out...don't forget at the end of each season slightly tweak the tactics abit, eg changing a Target Man to a Complete Forward or a Central Defender to Limited Defender etc.

Just 2 or 3 changes to keep thing fresh as the AI does get used to your style to the style of play, and it screws weaker sides over more than the likes of MCFC, MUFC, Chelsea, Barca, Real etc.

just in error, there isn't supposed to be a playmaker

oh right, maybe you should change it and upload the correct version? so shall i untick playmaker? and what about target man? is that supposed to be ticked?

oh right, maybe you should change it and upload the correct version? so shall i untick playmaker? and what about target man? is that supposed to be ticked?

It works better with Target Man as it is to the STCL but its not essential.

Regarding signings...

just wonder how i should use the diffrent formations?? 4-2-4 is that the main formation??

just wonder how i should use the diffrent formations?? 4-2-4 is that the main formation??
You can play them how ever you want, in any games. I just created 3 to give you options... I prefer the 4-1-4-1 and the 4-2-4. I rarely play the 4-5-1, for the tougher games but as i said above you don't get alot of possession, as you play counter...

Just rotate and see what you like best... I wouldn't play the 4-2-4 until you've in a new season, and have improved your squad...

great tac m8...tried it with arsenal and it works awsome... in 4 games 0 conc scored 15! amazing

Still using this in some of my FM12 saves. Love it :)

Nothing to do with the tactic, not used it yet so I wouldn't know, but the good balance of defence and attack in a 442 does interest me. Anyway, just to address your first post asking the question of which XI/taactic is stronger, I can't see why Sheringham was included in the post over Yorke. You do know Sheringham was a bit part player in 99? Even in 2000. Barely scored any goals in his first 3 seasons really. Yorke and Cole much preferred in the treble winning season. They started more than double the amount Sheringham and Solskjaer did. Sheringham's contributions to the treble winning season only remembered because he scored in both the FA cup and Champions League finals. 2 of the 5 goals he scored that season. Reality is he barely played, mostly came off the bench. Dwight Yorke, our main man that season, top goalscorer with 29 goals, not even featuring in your opening post, frankly that's an outrage.