4-4-2 - "Good Old Fashioned English System"

With Carroll and Jarvis I suppose my new west ham career is looking good

Although I am disappointed this tactic hasn't quite had the amount of response I was hoping, it is good to see the responses have been positive.

It has been far the best tactic i've downloaded in fm 13 :). I have really enjoyed your work.

some tactic this! got sacked from blackburn, so took over at afc wimbledon. saved them from relegation on the final day, made some inspired signings such as Scapuzzi from man city, trundle, litmanen and one or two others along with this tactic(with a few tweaks) im now sitting 3rd at xmas although out of all the cups.

Last edited:
surely this deserves a bump as its working wonders in ilfandys big tactics test
gonna give it a try with Millwall

i agree. i'm gonna test the tactic that is in second in the tactics test tonight, simply because i find the formation very interesting. after that, i will probably give this one a try. it seems to be very solid defensively! if you get round to it before me, post some results :)

surely this deserves a bump as its working wonders in ilfandys big tactics test
gonna give it a try with Millwall

Is it? Can you link me to this tactics test?

I really, really want more people to try this tactic. The feedback has been positive and I have had extremely good feedback on a different forum I posted it in, now it is working wonders in a test is clearly a sign this tactic is up there with the best.

Thanks for the bump! People try it!

Just been reading all the comments, and this sounds very promising & i'm going to use, but i'm just wondering do you HAVE to have fast wingers? As i'm currently with Blackburn and I haven't signed any fast wingers.

Just been reading all the comments, and this sounds very promising & i'm going to use, but i'm just wondering do you HAVE to have fast wingers? As i'm currently with Blackburn and I haven't signed any fast wingers.

Not particularly rapid, but ones that can beat there full back so fairly quick yes.

Just trying this with the latest patch.

Just one question, apologies if its been said somewhere. What does everyone do with regards to training and match preparation?

Let me know how you get along with the latest patch. Have finals this week so won't be able to play till the 29th but would love to use a 4-4-2 once I start again.

I've tried in latest patch with two matches first match I won 3-0 against Beşiktaş JK but second match I lost 4-0 against Beşiktaş JK so I think this tactic is unsuccessful for new patch.

I've tried in latest patch with two matches first match I won 3-0 against Beşiktaş JK but second match I lost 4-0 against Beşiktaş JK so I think this tactic is unsuccessful for new patch.

So you play 2 matches, one of which you win, the other you lose and you say it's unsuccessful? Right...

So you play 2 matches, one of which you win, the other you lose and you say it's unsuccessful? Right...
In my opinion it is unsuccessful with two matches because I played with same team 1st match 3-0 2nd match 0-4.My team is better than other team and if I concede 4 goals this tactic is not best for me but I respect your opinion.

In my opinion it is unsuccessful with two matches because I played with same team 1st match 3-0 2nd match 0-4.My team is better than other team and if I concede 4 goals this tactic is not best for me but I respect your opinion.

Yes but did you listen to the creator who said away from home you switch to COUNTER..

Noticed you have playmaker ticked and also target man ticked. I take it the CML is playmaker and TM striker is target man?
Cheers.

Noticed you have playmaker ticked and also target man ticked. I take it the CML is playmaker and TM striker is target man?
Cheers.

No, the roles are just used but there aren't designated ones.