4-4-2 - "Good Old Fashioned English System"

I'm also trying this tactic with my Blackburn team.
The first season went very good, finished at the top of the table, and Nuno Gomes was very good as the Target man. He is getting old though, so I signed Andy Carroll (it was either him, Crouch or Bendtner), and I got him for around 4 million. Unfortunatly he has been playing rather poor, but I hope he can turn it around.

After 9 games in the PL, I'm at 13th place, which I would think i pretty okay, there is only a couple of points to the bottom 3, so it's going to be a tough fight.

I was wondering about playing the offside, when I'm away against the bigger teams, I'm getting absolutly killed. When you play an away game, and change to counter, do you untick the offside setting?

After 14 games in PL, things are not looking bright anymore. I'm second to last, with 9 points. Having only scored 14 goals, and conceded 27!
On the plus side, I know that the tactic works very well as a top team in the championship, so if I survive as manager, I can always get em' back up ;)

Welcome back.

I am actually "Shauny" - but because of not being able to log in I had to create a new account. A bit of site feedback here, but are the mods of the site taking the **** when trying to reset your password? You get asked to answer the security question which is usually a case of typing blind but for the life of me the site wouldnt accept my answer, or any variation on it! VERY frustrating!

Anyway, Im back again with an update on this tactic. This is not down to the new patch so much, just personal preference really.

My oriignal upload did very well and actually performed superbly well in the tactic testing so I have no doubt this will work just as good, if not better.

Again, it is a old fashioned English Counter where two big centre forwards are at a premium.

Follow the original instructions on how to use in the OP.

Good luck and please leave feedback!

started an unemployed career got offered the bolton job who was bottom with a 10 point gap to safety used this tactic and finished 1 place from playoffs second season promoted 3rd season beat man u tottenham and chelsea in a horrid first 5 games then arsenal came calling this def works just for the record its the latest patch very well done