galego25

Reaction score
41230 strikerless / new 3223 strikerless

23/03/2017
NEW TACTIC HERE: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...s/362486-41230-tweak-final-3.html#post3080989

______________________________________________________________________________________________

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tactic download:

NEW VERSION (this is much closer to the original Jpassal1 tactic, and a more balanced tactic overall - see post #15):

41230 back to original _E0476A4E-6F53-466A-836C-E28C44110C0D

PREVIOUS VERSION (only for top teams):

41230 final_0691BBB8-310E-46E6-B18C-1CBA38DC0ED1

Hi everyone. This tactic is a tweak of the tactic posted here: Mr L Tactics - 4123 strikerless formation by joepa/jpassal1.

From the moment I tried it I knew it was a good tactic, but what caught my eye was the styled played, beautiful football with a lot of movement and lots of through balls and one on ones, instead of all the crossing we see in most tactics.

So, I started using and tweaking this tactic in my São Paulo FC save. After I was happy with it, I played a full season (my 4th in that save), and won everything:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

With the kind of football the tactic produces, I started imagining how a really strong team would do with it. Then, for the fun, I started a save with Barcelona, which is really a dream team with all the right players for this style.

At first the results and football played were a little inconsistent, but as the team gelled and players become used to the tactic, I started seeing some magic moments on the pitch.

Well, here are the results:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I don't know how the tactic will do with underdogs, but with proper management I don't see why it wouldn't work. I hope this tactic brings you as much fun as it has brought me.

Thanks to jpassal1 for sharing the original tactic, and also TFF and Xper from whom I borrowed some set pieces.

Some important information about the tactic and general play:

- In some games you need to set your shadow strikers to individually mark the opposing full backs. This is ESSENTIAL when facing stronger teams away, or when playing against teams that use wide players and overlaping full backs. Aways pay attention to formations changes, because if the opposition changes from four at the back to three or five, you have to correct the individual marking.

- Don't use instant result. Watch the beautiful football played, and react to what is happening in the game if necessary. Substitute players that are not performing well, change the sides of the midfielders and attacking midfielders, change your wing backs to support duty if you want them to be more defensive at times, use contain to hold to a narrow lead at the end of important games. Manage your team!

- Your corner taker has to be one of the three players with the "go forward" instruction. If your best corner is assigned to another position, make the changes in the routine to keep the shape.

- Use team cohesion as your general training until your team has developed at least a "very strong unterstanding" (check in tactics>analisys>team talk feedback). After that, go with balanced.

- Use match training according to your strenght relative to the opposition. If you are playing a better or equal team away, it makes sense to use defensive positioning. Otherwise attacking movement is good.

- If you have a player that you want to use in the AMC position but is too slow or can't dribble (usually an ageing player but with good technical and mental skills), you can change the AP to Enganche to accommodate that player.

- For individual training, don't always set your players to train in the role they are playing. Check which attributes are affected by each schedule, and choose one that will improve the attributes that you feel that particular player needs to improve. Also, always retrain players to other positions that would be suitable to their skills, this way they will play more and you will have more cover in case of injuries/tiredness.

- Remember to reduce training intensity when your schedule is busy.

- If you are not confident in your team talks, just set your assistant/coach with highest motivation to do it. I have done this since FM2016 and had very good results.

- Praise players when they have really excelent performances (like a hat trick or a 9.x rating), and always criticize players with poor performance after games (under 6.4 rating).

- The Ois used:

image.jpg

Last edited:
I loved last year's tweak you did on TFF's Sunfire. I'm going to give this one a chance, I'll let you know :)

I started a new save with West Brom to see what we can achieve with a not so strong team in a difficult league. We have a media prediction of 13th. So far so good, and already some nice football on display.

image.jpg

[video]https://vid.me/7F1J[/video] <--- James Morrison goal in match vs. Sunderland

[video]https://vid.me/NSuZ[/video] <--- Nacer Chadli goal in match vs. Charlton

Last edited:
I have a save with São Paulo, I wanted to know the escalation used, if it has some print of the escalation used with the 11 headlines

I have a save with São Paulo, I wanted to know the escalation used, if it has some print of the escalation used with the 11 headlines

I don't know if it will help you, this is my squad at the end of the fourth season, so not many original players left.

[Não sei se vai te ajudar, esse é o elenco no fim da quarta temporada, então sobraram poucos jogadores originais]

image.jpg

I started a new save with West Brom to see what we can achieve with a not so strong team in a difficult league. We have a media prediction of 13th. So far so good, and already some nice football on display.

[video]https://vid.me/7F1J[/video] <--- James Morrison goal in match vs. Sunderland

[video]https://vid.me/NSuZ[/video] <--- Nacer Chadli goal in match vs. Charlton

And how about this backheel through ball from James Morrison to veteran Kaká for his fifth goal in six games, away vs. Everton? --> [video]https://vid.me/5dhI[/video]

filters players please

I'm sorry but I don't use filters. If you rely too much on filters or reccommended attributes you will miss some excelent players just because they don't fit one or more of the parameters set.

Haven't tried yet on this year's Football manager, to play without any Striker,
Do your offensive midfielder score frequently?

Haven't tried yet on this year's Football manager, to play without any Striker,
Do your offensive midfielder score frequently?

They do, but the goals are spread between the 3 AMCs. And the 2 MCs score a few also.

All the tweaking I did until I got to the version first posted in this thread had the goal of making the original tactic by Jpassal1 more attacking, as I was playing with a relatively strong team (São Paulo 4th season) against very defensive teams in the brazilian league. I thought I got that, and playing a season with Barcelona showed that it was really a great tactic for strong teams.

But after playing more with West Brom, I realized that the tweaked tactic wasn't the best option for midtable or underdog teams. Despite a respectable 4th place finish in the first season, it never felt like a reliable tactic. The testing by Mr. L also confirmed the nature of the tactic: it is among the best in goal scoring for subtop teams in his testing league, but nowhere near as good for underdogs.

After tweaking it a little more without noticeable improvement, I decided to go back to the original, with the only changes being a sweeper keeper and updated set pieces, and the results immediately improved.

So I reccomend that anyone not using a top team uses this version instead of the tweaked one. Now I feel much more confident about our chances even in more difficult matches, and haven't even used individual man marking this season (which was a must with tweaked tactic). The only changes I eventually make now are changing the wing backs duty to attack against very defensive teams or when needing a goal, and changing mentality at the end of games to defensive or overload depending on the situation.

These are my results with West Brom so far in the second season:

image.jpg

OIs:

image.jpg

Tactic download:

41230 back to original _E0476A4E-6F53-466A-836C-E28C44110C0D

Champions with 5 games to go, easy. West Brom second season.

image.jpg

But the best thing with this tactic isn't even the results, it's the style of football played. It's through ball after through ball, with the 5 midfielders scoring and assisting. Big thanks to Jpassal1 for creating this.

Test results at Mr.L testing league went as expected, the tweak did very well in the subtop test, and the back to original did wonderfuly in the underdog test, sitting currently in first place:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Are you still using this marcelo?

No, I'm testing a new tactic with a similar style of play (lots of cccs through the middle), but with improved defense and better results. I don't have much time to play right now, in the last two weeks I only managed to play half a season, but if results keep up until the end of the season, I will release the tactic.