No, I'm testing a new tactic with a similar style of play (lots of cccs through the middle), but with improved defense and better results. I don't have much time to play right now, in the last two weeks I only managed to play half a season, but if results keep up until the end of the season, I will release the tactic.

what formation does it have? :)

What should i do with amazing striker and wingers? This tatic works on fm 2016?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I have a new tactic which I believe it's better than this. But lately I hardly have any time to play, and much less set up a new thread with screenshots and all relevant information. So I will just post it here for now, with a screenshot of the formation and the results from my West Brom save (5th season, media prediction 3rd). It's a 3223 strikerless formation, which took inspiration from from jpassal1 strikerless tactic, as well as Beast V4 from TFF. I hope you enjoy and have good results with it.

The tactic file is attached at the end of this post.

View attachment 100302
View attachment 100303
View attachment 100220

Last edited:
There is any different if u put one right foot player on SS left side and left foot on right side? The instruction on your second tactic are the same as first?

What should i do with amazing striker and wingers? This tatic works on fm 2016?

Retrain them to play in the AMC/AMCR/AMCL positions.

There is any different if u put one right foot player on SS left side and left foot on right side? The instruction on your second tactic are the same as first?

I usually prefer to play with left footed players on the left and right on the right, but there is no huge difference if you invert them.

Team instructions are a little different for this tactic. And I forgot to say, OIs are also different:

View attachment 100222

Well i don´t find a lot of difference too..Was just to know...And i´m using this on fm 16 not 17 and had great results

no luck with the 523 playing as burnley, try test it from the beginning not 2021 :)

i already had that tactic but never try..Now i only want to use Strikerless tactis, i like a lot play without strikers

Shadow strikers marking the opposing full backs. This thing is valid for your new tactic too? If not what other things I need to keep in mind while playing with this tactic

Shadow strikers marking the opposing full backs. This thing is valid for your new tactic too?
No need for it.

If not what other things I need to keep in mind while playing with this tactic

One thing that I have been doing is adjusting some individual instructions, for example, if you have a central midfielder which is very good at long shots, you can remove the shoot less often instruction, only for this specific player. If he is slow and can't dribble at all, set him to run less often. If your wing back is quick and has very good dribbling and flair, set him to run with ball often.

And the only case I change roles is if you have an old attacking midfielder with very poor physical attributes but good mental and technical skills, play him at the AMC position with the role of enganche.

Play your fastest defender in the DC slot. And the corner taker should have the "go forward" instruction in the set up.

New instructions/roles for the strikerless tactic

Hello everyone

I am the creator of the original tactic Galego tweaked and he created a dominant tactic that he shared with you. I would like to add and share my newest tactic with this thread to get it tested and receive feedback.

It's still early and in development

View attachment 99869

The new tactic by design high risk high reward
I changed the central mids on attack duty to ball winning mids on support with the instruction to get further forward
The Cb's now close down less often
The only instruction for the SS's is to roam from position
The only instruction for the AP is to move into channels - i think it helps the bwm's charge into space and get on the end of through balls
Other positions have been tweaked but these are the most notable

The tempo is much higher with more direct passing with a very high line - it may take a while for your players to get used to the tempo and direct passing style
With the high line you must have a good goalie as the other teams play balls over the top/into space and they can get several chances a game this way

Feel free to adjust opposition instructions accordingly I kept my original Oi's (close down, tighter marking, show onto weaker foot and tackle harder for GK's and all CD's) just added tighter marking to AMR/L's and MR/L's to try and prevent crosses

Originally I tried to create a very defensive/counter attacking tactic with Hull City (it was a 424 - 4 defenders 2 dm's 4 midfielders with no am's or strikers - If anyone wants to see that formation it can be found here just PM me for the tactic). In my second season I went on a bad run of form and players/ownership were losing faith. So I decided to attack - I merged the 2 tactics and created this. The results have been very promising so far but I will throw it to you for testing and feedback

Some results
View attachment 99866 View attachment 99865

Enjoy
View attachment 99859

Last edited: