View attachment 105673View attachment 105679

halfway through the season with vigo and we are doing better than i expected - only lost 1 game all season, away to zoria in the euro cup with a reserve squad

i've been using counter mostly lately and its looking really solid, also made a few minor tweaks do the FB's that seem to be working

i only change to standard if i'm behind on the 60 minute mark - which has happened once and we managed to pull tyhe result back in our favour

View attachment 105678View attachment 105677
View attachment 105676View attachment 105675
View attachment 105674

Any fresh version of the tactic to upload yet?

I tried some tweaks but none of them made it any better and mostly worse lol

Any fresh version of the tactic to upload yet?

I tried some tweaks but none of them made it any better and mostly worse lol

this is the version im currently using:

View attachment 105583

still testing further though, so please let me know how you fare if you give it a try

edit: from my experience, we play better against much tougher opposition using the standard mentality, although i revert back to counter if we manage to get the lead

makes (some) sense, as counter works best at breaking down weaker sides

Last edited:
View attachment 105547View attachment 105549

still unbeaten in the league after some really tough games, although there are still a few to come over the next few weeks

View attachment 105548

played a standard mentality for 90 mins at camp nou and should have really won by a margin - ter stegen was simply unbeatable

although i have made some small tweaks after posting last time, mostly regarding the tackling instructions of the defensive line

edit:

View attachment 105537

convincing win over real to book us a place in the spanish cup final (H)

played standard until half-time when we were 1-0 up - changed to counter for the rest of the game

Last edited:
Even my young players like this formation. I'm using these players in the EFL cup cause I don't care about it, turns out they do! Huddersfield and Brighton I expected wins against,a 3-2 win against Man Utd was a nice surprise and now 1-0 up after the first leg of the semi against Spurs! Lads want some silverware! I'm not changing the line up even if they get to the final! These kids are trying to get me there so they'll play in it if they do get there!

:D

View attachment 105509View attachment 105508View attachment 105506

For me, it's Christmas 2020, and I have had a tough run-in to Christmas.
Ever since we lost to Man U in extra time, we have struggled.
Only lost 1 match in the league, but a ridiculous number of draws took us briefly out of the top spot, but now back at the top for the time being.
It's been injuries galore for me. It's weird; they seem to come in spurts. eg, will have all defenders injured at same time, or none at all, and same with keepers.
Had to use my 16 year old keeper for some tough league matches, which went as well as expected!

Just as I thought we were over the worst of it all, we drew Chelsea in 4th round of FA Cup!

Season still going well even though, looking good for promotion, but was hoping for a nice cup run to help with the finances, but appears I am not be as lucky on that front this season.

I changed the CM to a BWM-S with the same PI and it's worked out great. With the anchorman I feel comfortable having kind of a marauding player there in the midfield, especially if you play a more naturally creative player there.

My god Veez this tactic is just simply awesome. Tried creating my own this year but none have been as good as this!

Patch update

Well the new patch has just downloaded on my game, I've read the release notes and there is nothing about any changes to the match engine, unless I've missed it. I'm on course for a fantastic season so far so I hope nothing has changed! :p Only lost 1 in the league and 3 draws (could NOT beat Stoke the bastards!) going into the FA Cup Final against Chelsea and the Champs League against holders Real Madrid!! Smashed Barca in the semi's so hoping can do the same to Real!! Veez you are my personal FM hero!! Ha ha! :D

I've been testing this out in the columbian league and it started off perfect, I was doing really well until the most recent update when all I do is draw? Anyone else had the same outcome?

I changed the CM to a BWM-S with the same PI and it's worked out great. With the anchorman I feel comfortable having kind of a marauding player there in the midfield, especially if you play a more naturally creative player there.

My god Veez this tactic is just simply awesome. Tried creating my own this year but none have been as good as this!

Well the new patch has just downloaded on my game, I've read the release notes and there is nothing about any changes to the match engine, unless I've missed it. I'm on course for a fantastic season so far so I hope nothing has changed! :p Only lost 1 in the league and 3 draws (could NOT beat Stoke the bastards!) going into the FA Cup Final against Chelsea and the Champs League against holders Real Madrid!! Smashed Barca in the semi's so hoping can do the same to Real!! Veez you are my personal FM hero!! Ha ha! :D

I've been testing this out in the columbian league and it started off perfect, I was doing really well until the most recent update when all I do is draw? Anyone else had the same outcome?

sorry guys, been away for a while - just downloading the new patch now

also didnt see any ME changes in the write up so those draws might have come down to something else like team talks, or player morale. were you clear favourites in the games you drew Murley?

cheers to all of you for your feedback and keeping this thread going lately :)

Ghents, i'm also thinking of having a fiddle with some player roles to see if i can squeeze anything else out of them

who are you playing with StormRage? post some screeeeenies!

you too redtide :p

anyone recommend a team to start a new save with on the new patch?

sorry guys, been away for a while - just downloading the new patch now

also didnt see any ME changes in the write up so those draws might have come down to something else like team talks, or player morale. were you clear favourites in the games you drew Murley?

cheers to all of you for your feedback and keeping this thread going lately :)

Ghents, i'm also thinking of having a fiddle with some player roles to see if i can squeeze anything else out of them

who are you playing with StormRage? post some screeeeenies!

you too redtide :p

anyone recommend a team to start a new save with on the new patch?

Morale is low now but now and again I get the guys back up after a good draw but in the last 9 games I have won 1 (last min goal) and the others I have drawn.

I should be aiming around 5th place but am currently at 14th and I have a semi decent squad who should be pushing teams but most games I get out played with a few shots.

Morale is low now but now and again I get the guys back up after a good draw but in the last 9 games I have won 1 (last min goal) and the others I have drawn.

I should be aiming around 5th place but am currently at 14th and I have a semi decent squad who should be pushing teams but most games I get out played with a few shots.

strange... i was asking coz usually the tactic performs better as the underdog than the favourite and some teams will really try to shut up shop on you

you feel your team is simply not performing up to par right?

could have something to do with appropriate player roles. which version are you using? the A Tweak? have you changed anything or do you change anything during the games when chasing the lead or just stick to the standard mentality?

strange... i was asking coz usually the tactic performs better as the underdog than the favourite and some teams will really try to shut up shop on you

you feel your team is simply not performing up to par right?

could have something to do with appropriate player roles. which version are you using? the A Tweak? have you changed anything or do you change anything during the games when chasing the lead or just stick to the standard mentality?

Yes the team was doing well until the update. But saying that, in the Columbian league they do the season over 2 phases and the update happened in the transfer window in between these phases and we did lose 1 or 2 players but it shouldn't have been of an issues.

True, I am chopping and changing lately trying to get the best outcome within the match. I currenty just won my 2nd game and kept it on counter at home. I was favourites but the other team was 3rd in the league so decided counter would be best fit and it was.

I'll play a few more games using counter for against all teams and see if this is the fix.