sorry guys, been away for a while - just downloading the new patch now

also didnt see any ME changes in the write up so those draws might have come down to something else like team talks, or player morale. were you clear favourites in the games you drew Murley?

cheers to all of you for your feedback and keeping this thread going lately :)

Ghents, i'm also thinking of having a fiddle with some player roles to see if i can squeeze anything else out of them

who are you playing with StormRage? post some screeeeenies!

you too redtide :p

anyone recommend a team to start a new save with on the new patch?

I'm playing as Liverpool with some very highly rated players. I'll have to post some screenies from my lower league saves, they're the ones that feel the most accomplished! How come you've thrown a new tweek in there?
I've had nothing but good results in my saves, the odd loss here and there is part and parcel of football.

Just trying the latest version with Deportivo and it's working like a charm, thanks Veez!

I'm playing as Liverpool with some very highly rated players. I'll have to post some screenies from my lower league saves, they're the ones that feel the most accomplished! How come you've thrown a new tweek in there?
I've had nothing but good results in my saves, the odd loss here and there is part and parcel of football.

i have OCD lol but i think the more recent tweaks actually improved the tactic - gonna get on with some more testing

look forward to those screenies

i have OCD lol but i think the more recent tweaks actually improved the tactic - gonna get on with some more testing

look forward to those screenies

I'm starting a game with Wrexham in the Vanarama National League (I've tried with foreign teams but I don't feel any connection so I'm giving this a go). I'll probably go with the 666 tweak or the counter version to start with, only because I'm not sure lower league players are going to have to skills to be BPD's and keep a stable defence.

Well, I've met the board, got all the players training for their new positions. Let's see how this goes...View attachment 102196View attachment 102195View attachment 102194

Well, 10 games into Wrexham save and I've had to adjust the tactic a bit (first game of new tactic was the 5-3 win at Guiseley), mainly cause I didn't have the players to fill the roles needed. Also pre-season was pretty poor. Using DCB's for stability as they don't seem to wander out of position, so far anyway! Wingers on attack are working for me at the moment too with a BBM to help transition from defence to attack. It's working so far, apart from the loss to Sutton (where I tweaked the wingers wrongly!!) I'm quite happy with it. I did have to sign a couple of free transfers as squad depth is a bit of an issue.

View attachment 102156View attachment 102155View attachment 102154View attachment 102153

Starting from the bottom.

So I took a job at Wrexham to start again, new rig and new Steam install. I've had a good pre season leading up to my opening fixture. Gonna be a long one though, I only had 1 coach, no scouts and one dr on staff!! This is going to be interesting!

Well, 10 games into Wrexham save and I've had to adjust the tactic a bit (first game of new tactic was the 5-3 win at Guiseley), mainly cause I didn't have the players to fill the roles needed. Also pre-season was pretty poor. Using DCB's for stability as they don't seem to wander out of position, so far anyway! Wingers on attack are working for me at the moment too with a BBM to help transition from defence to attack. It's working so far, apart from the loss to Sutton (where I tweaked the wingers wrongly!!) I'm quite happy with it. I did have to sign a couple of free transfers as squad depth is a bit of an issue.

View attachment 1106969View attachment 1106970View attachment 1106971View attachment 1106972

can u share this tactic file?

can u share this tactic file?

To be honest I'm not 100% sure, what with having a new machine and I didn't back up the tactics. I'm almost certain it was LL tactic. At the moment I'm on another attempt at Lower League with Wrexham and I'm also having some great results using the v3. Both are included in this post so give them a go! I did find that I had to sign a few players on a free to fill the gaps in the squads though!

Changed my mind again!

By the time I actually finish a season FM 2018 will be out!! Fancied a go in Italy so took on Juve, wow are they good!! Tweaked tactic a bit, made the WM's into Wingers and changed CM to RPM, Pjanic is a natural at it. Working wonders!! Losing to Barca in the friendly was annoying as it was Buffon's Testimonial! If I get them again I'll out for revenge!

By the time I actually finish a season FM 2018 will be out!! Fancied a go in Italy so took on Juve, wow are they good!! Tweaked tactic a bit, made the WM's into Wingers and changed CM to RPM, Pjanic is a natural at it. Working wonders!! Losing to Barca in the friendly was annoying as it was Buffon's Testimonial! If I get them again I'll out for revenge!

looks perfect for my maine road team.. is this the one above or another tweak?

I may have to fire David Trezequet as a scout!! He told me Christian Pulisic is not a worthwhile signing!! I was looking for left winger and that is his strongest position, his potential is also 165! His judgement is obviously not as good as his stats say!

this is the version im currently using:

View attachment 1103162

still testing further though, so please let me know how you fare if you give it a try

edit: from my experience, we play better against much tougher opposition using the standard mentality, although i revert back to counter if we manage to get the lead

makes (some) sense, as counter works best at breaking down weaker sides

This tactic is so good because we have DM, Winger, Full Back and the number 1 ingredient to win in FM 17, strikerless :)

Many thanks for the tactics and the wide variety of responses! Interesting reading.
Started using it w PSV Eindhoven with mixed results (lot of draws), probably due to the team not yet being fluid and some general disgruntlement within the squad.
I am using the version with the EGs instead of the SSs.

Something that I am noticing is that the centre three (i.e. the MC and the EGs) sometimes get in the way of each other, or, at least, are very close to one and another when they have possession which limits their passing options. Has anybody else observed this as well?

Just couple of other questions - in terms of OIs, do you experience negative results if you set "closing down" to always? I always used to do this with my tactic and it is something the assistant will always ask me to do during a match especially with wingers and AM Cs.

Also, there do not seem to be a lot of players with high ratings as "wide midfielders". Is there a strong reason to use these rather than wingers? I will experiment with this myself a bit, but was just wondering if anybody had strong thoughts on this.