4231 for 19.3.6 - Champions League wins with Vitesse, Bournemouth and more!

What about the 4-2-2-2 you've used in an other thread? Do you prefer the 4-2-3-1 over that?

I think I am spoilt for choice as all the tactics i'm testing are winning the league comfortably with the worst team. I was hoping one tactic would stand out and make the choice easier for me. I think I will probably go for a combination of tactics similar to what TFF advocates. Starting with a more defensive system 4-1-4--1/4-1-3-2 and then moving to a more attacking formation if I'm losing

Last edited:
Excellent mate. Have you done any more since?
I've switched back to my Everton save again.

I'm getting some inconsistent results but I suspect it's more due to the team and due to the fact that I think I'm in 2043 right now with that save.

It's still the best tactic for me personally right now. My Leipzig results are nothing short of amazing really, if I can do the same with my Everton team that would be great.

What about the 4-2-2-2 you've used in an other thread? Do you prefer the 4-2-3-1 over that?

I think I am spoilt for choice as all the tactics i'm testing are winning the league comfortably with the worst team. I was hoping one tactic would stand out and make the choice easier for me. I think I will probably go for a combination of tactics similar to what TFF advocates. Starting with a more defensive system 4-1-4--1/4-1-3-2 and then moving to a more attacking formation if I'm losing
I highly agree- i felt this way as well which is why i wanted to try and make my own tactics- My 4222 is really good especially for attacking teams, if you plug and play it with a top team I imagine you won't lose a game- but i don’t test tactics with top teams. I tested that with Oxford utd and I gained back to back promotions to the premier league. I then kept it in the prem but it didn't get me in the top 6 with 2 seasons but it was always on holiday so with proper managing you easily could.

I prefer the 4231 overall because it includes a CAM and there are so many good ones available but if i had a squad which didn't have a CAM i'd happily use the 4222 instead. The 4222 is a monster for scoring goals- It could be tweaked again too

Have you tested the 4231 yet?

I've switched back to my Everton save again.

I'm getting some inconsistent results but I suspect it's more due to the team and due to the fact that I think I'm in 2043 right now with that save.

It's still the best tactic for me personally right now. My Leipzig results are nothing short of amazing really, if I can do the same with my Everton team that would be great.

Yeah I feel it is the best tactic as well. I love using it with every team and I love the fact you can win in big away games and finals etc. I hope your Everton team picks up with it. Got any results to share?

hay stuart,
finally i can play fm19 after ignored it for about 1 years (lazy because diff user interface than fm17)

alrd tried some 4-4-2 tactics
but u right, its little bit hard to fit the role in 4-4-2 because nowdays all winger is amr/aml and play 1striker
so really hard to find 2 good striker, and fit winger old school

i decided to play ur tactics now!
hahahaa

hay stuart,
finally i can play fm19 after ignored it for about 1 years (lazy because diff user interface than fm17)

alrd tried some 4-4-2 tactics
but u right, its little bit hard to fit the role in 4-4-2 because nowdays all winger is amr/aml and play 1striker
so really hard to find 2 good striker, and fit winger old school

i decided to play ur tactics now!
hahahaa
Hahahaha nice. If you've got any results share them here!!

Hahahaha nice. If you've got any results share them here!!

sorry stuart, i decide to use ur 442 tactic

but i want to know which one is the best?

i use this 3, but the stable one is the second
!!!!!!!19.3.5BEOWULF442WAF(P103)KnapP106ALLCUPS
!!!!!19.3.4BEOWULF442WAFKnapP103ECCC
!!!!!!!!!19.3.5WULF4132PFDMIWBSPKnapP112ALLCUPSNOLOSS

and at second half of season its become harder and incosistent so i combine with DDY tactic and clash tactic

btw at first season with arsenal i won Europa League and Premier league
semifinal carabao and fa cup

at second season
ur 4-4-2 tactics played bad at first half and very strong at second half

btw my player
rajkovic leno
upamecano ake rubendias de ligt chambers holding
aarons belerin
lewis tymon
tonali partey toreira gedson guendo
xadas esr nelson pavon chiesa
auba laca paqueta edi
(gouiri + silva on loan)
almada + jelivic wp problem

I'm still using this tactic with my Everton team,

There's just 1 change that I made at Everton that I didn't do at Leipzig and that's asking my assistant to do the OI's.
I didn't use any in my Leipzig save but it felt needed for my Everton team to try and get some more consistent results.

I won the Premier League, but got knocked out by Roma in the Quarter Finals of the CL unfortunately.
I have started a new season with some wonderkids that are starting to play more as well. Not sure how long I'll stay at Everton though as it's my long term save.

EDIT:

After playing some more games yesterday I'm not really sure on how to feel on using OI's.
It seems that on some games it does have a good effect but in other games I get smashed 4-1 by Tottenham for example because they completely tear down my defense.

@stuartclark16 Do you use any OI's with this? If so, do you let the assistant choose them?

Last edited:
I know It's Barca. But I think that the results are still quite impresive. No OI. AsM handles pre match tactical briefings. I take teamtalk and press conf. I think that the tactic suits the team really well.

Attachments

• Football Manager 2019 Screenshot 2020.08.20 - 10.00.41.67.png
    Football Manager 2019 Screenshot 2020.08.20 - 10.00.41.67.png
    402.1 KB · Views: 254
  • Football Manager 2019 Screenshot 2020.08.20 - 10.01.30.15.png
    Football Manager 2019 Screenshot 2020.08.20 - 10.01.30.15.png
    489.9 KB · Views: 288
  • Football Manager 2019 Screenshot 2020.08.20 - 10.01.54.82.png
    Football Manager 2019 Screenshot 2020.08.20 - 10.01.54.82.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 264
I'm still using this tactic with my Everton team,

There's just 1 change that I made at Everton that I didn't do at Leipzig and that's asking my assistant to do the OI's.
I didn't use any in my Leipzig save but it felt needed for my Everton team to try and get some more consistent results.

I won the Premier League, but got knocked out by Roma in the Quarter Finals of the CL unfortunately.
I have started a new season with some wonderkids that are starting to play more as well. Not sure how long I'll stay at Everton though as it's my long term save.

EDIT:

After playing some more games yesterday I'm not really sure on how to feel on using OI's.
It seems that on some games it does have a good effect but in other games I get smashed 4-1 by Tottenham for example because they completely tear down my defense.

@stuartclark16 Do you use any OI's with this? If so, do you let the assistant choose them?
I honestly don't touch that at all. It's whatever the default setting is. I presume my assistant manager chooses them.

I know It's Barca. But I think that the results are still quite impresive. No OI. AsM handles pre match tactical briefings. I take teamtalk and press conf. I think that the tactic suits the team really well.
Incredible, thanks for sharing. Great results and nice to see you won everything!!

I've set it to no OI's where *** man doesn't do it either and I feel the results are better.
Hi stuart,

Thanks for your reply. I think you're right that it's better without OI's.

I'm still playing with Everton but thinking of switching to another team in the winter. Time to rebuild another squad :)

Hi stuart,

Thanks for your reply. I think you're right that it's better without OI's.

I'm still playing with Everton but thinking of switching to another team in the winter. Time to rebuild another squad :)
I think so too...

Let me know how it goes. Have you found more success yet?

I think so too...

Let me know how it goes. Have you found more success yet?
I think I won 2x the Premier League with Everton.

Got knocked out 2x in the CL as well though.
The Barca job came available so I decided to switch as my season with Everton wasn't really going that great. I might have went a little too far with buying all the Wonderkids for my squad at Everton and just playing them in my first 11.?

With Barca I'll start working on a more balanced squad. So far my results with Barca have been exceptional. Winning every game so far.

I think I won 2x the Premier League with Everton.

Got knocked out 2x in the CL as well though.
The Barca job came available so I decided to switch as my season with Everton wasn't really going that great. I might have went a little too far with buying all the Wonderkids for my squad at Everton and just playing them in my first 11.?

With Barca I'll start working on a more balanced squad. So far my results with Barca have been exceptional. Winning every game so far.
Got any screenshots?

A little bit later than I planned but here are my screenshots
:everton.PNGeverton2.PNG
Won 4x the title with Everton though I suspect only the last 3 were with this tactic. My Barcelona results have been exceptional though as you can see. Shame about the Sevilla result, but I got 2 red cards and couldn't do much about it after that.

My target with Barca now is to win everything that I can and that should be no problem at all with the team I already have.

Last edited:
A little bit later than I planned but here are my screenshots
:View attachment 514556View attachment 514557
Won 4x the title with Everton though I suspect only the last 3 were with this tactic. My Barcelona results have been exceptional though as you can see. Shame about the Sevilla result, but I got 2 red cards and couldn't do much about it after that.

My target with Barca now is to win everything that I can and that should be no problem at all with the team I already have.
Long save! Great stuff mate well done