mazuma

Reaction score
EDIT: There is a slightly tweaked and defensively better tactic on page 4

I originally built this tactic and figured i would alter and perfect it as i went along, however i went unbeaten for the first 30 league games, and my first premier league loss was with a B team away to man city as i had already basically won the title and had an upcoming game versus Real Madrid. This tactic is pretty flawed as a result, but i was obviously reluctant to change anything due to the results.
I scored 22 goals from corners in the league, and the winning goal in the champions league was also from a corner, so it might be worth it to at least take a look at that. also won 17 home games and drew 2, so it is very effective at home.
I have no idea how it works with a lesser team, but if you try it let me know. I will definitely change it a bit for the next season, so if you have any improvements let me know! I have already tried the bwm on defend and also the dlp on defend, and that decreases my shots and increases the opposition shots, the full backs were both among my top 5 performers, and were a lot less good on support as well..

Possession is generally not very high, neither are your shots, and the opposition gets quite some shots as well if they have any quality. However i found that the oppositions shots were often from difficult positions and not real chances. Most of my players enjoy the teams style of play and it is pretty effective scoring wise.
Obviously if you have a great inside forward on the right you should invert the tactic. I use no OI's but sometimes let my assistant do them.
If you play as arsenal i definitely recommend selling mertesacker immediately as he is very unsuitable for a high defensive line. i sold him for 20 million euros to monaco, and bought the strong and extremely fast Zouma for 20 up front and 22.5 after 50 apps or something like that.
Also keep in mind that it is cool to keep arsene wenger as director of football, but if you win the league and champions league he gets a total of 4.9 million euros in bonusses for that.

Last edited:
Looking nice, will try it out on my Man U save. :)

Edit: Well ****... tried it out for my second league game of the season, against West Brom and we just demolished them 6-0. Hat trick from Rooney and then goals from Mata, Depay and young.

Going to see what it does on other teams.

Last edited:
i have absolutely no idea, it worked very well for me but i have a good team. if you are better then most teams in the league 2 probably, if not i have no idea. if you try it let me know if it works with a weaker team!

Trying it out with my QPR team, 2nd season, back in the prem. Was bottom of the table and running out of ideas. This looked like it may fit us. So far 4 played with this formation- 4 won...And convincingly so with some nice football. Thank's O.P, think you just saved my job ;)

Trying it out with my QPR team, 2nd season, back in the prem. Was bottom of the table and running out of ideas. This looked like it may fit us. So far 4 played with this formation- 4 won...And convincingly so with some nice football. Thank's O.P, think you just saved my job ;)

Thats great! also nice to know it works with teams that are not one of the stronger ones in the division.

any OI or training?

No OI's but sometimes i click apply advice from the assistant manager, training match tactics untill they are familiar, after it depends per game. I dont think either of those matter too much.

What do you mean, corner exploit? If you mean the set peice where playing a shorter corner pass is better than the long one, I fail to see it as an exploit.

In my save, I'm currently on a 5 win streak. The 6-0 against West Brom game, all goals were not from corners. So I would say yes, it works well, even without it.

Is this tactic good without corner exploit?

Without the corners like this, i scored 93 league goals which is not bad. The winning goal in de champions league and some other important goals were from corners though.

I started a save just to scout players to make a shortlist of who I wanna buy after the game came out, so I ignored friendlies and training = players lacking match sharpness. Just playing around to try random tactics. Got 3 consecutive draws and 2 losses. Then I tried your tactic in the next 2 games and I won lol With this Liverpool save that has a lot of injuries, and the fact that I changed tactic every match, it says a lot about how great your tactic is.

One question though - The game against West Brom ended 3-2, with 2 of their goals came from through passes, I had to drop the defensive line to slightly deeper and time wasting to hold out the win. If the opponent exploit the defensive line, does making the defensive line deeper has any effect on the tactic?

Last edited: